Reply 40
Thank you so much for this post!!! Im even more excited now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by gingecub
Hi, I'm a second year psychology student living at Snow Island at the moment. I've stayed here for two years, and Snow Island has made university for me! I would recommend living here to anyone! Snow has a greattt community atmosphere, with a paved and grassy courtyard that is perfect for courtyard parties! When it's sunny everyone gets out into the courtyard and bring down a brew and something a little stronger and just chills out.
The first few weeks are so exciting, there will be parties going on everywhere, so if I can give any advice, it would be to turn up to every flat party or couryard party going! I met all my best friends and boyfriend at those parties, and it's okay, because everyone is just as nervous and excited as you! The staff here are the best! The reception staff, security guards and the maintainance, are brilliant. Its great having your own independence with the reassurance that you have a considerate and caring team on site incase you need anything.
If I can give any other good tips for living in snow, it would be to SAVE your 20p's for washing and keep some colour catchers on hand for doing your washing. The BEST INVENTION!
I can thank Snow for the best 2 years of my life, and I know that the experience wouldn't have been the same at Aspley or Storthes. Other halls are grotty and there is nowhere near the close enviroment there is at Snow. Plus they don't have to the free pool tables, vending machines, communal area with the comfiest sofa's and big tv's! I'm pretty sure Snow was rated as one of the highest rated accomodations...
For everyone who's booked at Snow, you're in for the best year! Good Luck to everyone on thier results!!

Thank you so much for that post! I had heard a lot of bad things about snow island and was unsure, but when I went to look at it, it was lovely so I booked. Just needed some reassurance about living there (: so thanks! Can't wait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
What flat are you booked in? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BakerGees
That's awesome! meant to put, I'm in J2. A bit confused with how these flats/rooms are laid out.
What are you studying?

I'm also in flat j2!
Hey guys! Welcome to Huddersfield and you'll absolutely love it here - bet you're so excited!
We have started a FB group for those of you joining this September 2013. It's a great way to meet people on your course an in your halls. When I joined this uni two years ago I made loads of friends through the FB group and it makes joining by yourself so much less scary! Give it a look :smile: Not many members right now but give it a couple of months, this years freshers group has over 1000 members :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/133085673548829/
Reply 45
Original post by McCann_Charlotte
I'm also in flat j2!

That's great! Finally found a flat mate. What are you studying? :smile:
That's great! Finally found a flat mate. What are you studying? :smile:

I know, so happy to find a flat mate too! I'm hopefully studying costume with textiles if I get the grades. Fingers crossed, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Ooo ive sent a request :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone in J8 next year in snow island?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by McCann_Charlotte
I know, so happy to find a flat mate too! I'm hopefully studying costume with textiles if I get the grades. Fingers crossed, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's so cool! I'm sure you'll be fine. I've got an unconditional for psychology with counselling - I've taken two gap years so I don't need to wait for results. Any idea who else is living with us?
Reply 50
I'm living in G4 next year, is anyone else in there? :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Gaynor3792
Anyone in a G flat yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in G4 :smile:
Reply 52
Im in G6 so I'll be just down from you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's so cool! I'm sure you'll be fine. I've got an unconditional for psychology with counselling - I've taken two gap years so I don't need to wait for results. Any idea who else is living with us?

Yeah, just need to get these exams out the way and oooh very nice, and I have no idea hopefully we will find more in the next few months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55

Hey, I can't post in the group it still says awaiting accept as ive requested to join.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Anybody in G7
Reply 57
Original post by emilyjclifford
Booked flat E5 :smile: anyone else in E5?

Hi! I'm in flat E5 too. I'm studying Graphic Design next year if I get the grades. What are you studying? :smile:
Original post by sarahd094
Hi! I'm in flat E5 too. I'm studying Graphic Design next year if I get the grades. What are you studying? :smile:

Ah cool :smile: I'm studying Pharmacy hopefully :smile:
Anyone in flat J8 in September ?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending