The Student Room Group

Is Hong Kong worth a visit?

Looking to go somewhere bucket lists’ in Feb - I originally wanted to go hot tropical because but it’s just too expensive. Hong Kong actuallt isn’t too expensive in terms of flight and hotel in comparison but I work in London so not sure a city is right for me. I’ve done Dubai which was alright but Hong Kong, is it worth the long flight??? ( I love flying) or am I better off going to Tokyo? Which is v expensive
Reply 1
Hong Kong has a subtropical climate, so February will be mild and pleasant. Tokyo, on the other hand, experiences a cold winter in February. If you prefer milder weather, Hong Kong might be a better fit.
Original post by Amydesigns1104
Looking to go somewhere bucket lists’ in Feb - I originally wanted to go hot tropical because but it’s just too expensive. Hong Kong actuallt isn’t too expensive in terms of flight and hotel in comparison but I work in London so not sure a city is right for me. I’ve done Dubai which was alright but Hong Kong, is it worth the long flight??? ( I love flying) or am I better off going to Tokyo? Which is v expensive

Have you checked Singapore? Singapore has a good places you can visit like Gardens By the Bay & Marina Bay Sands which are really top coolest destination, and it really suits your preference for hot tropical places during February, it's really perfect.
Reply 3
Night View, Hong Kong best and can try some Cantonese food. Garden City, Singapore, but people said its boring so better go to malaysia as well. Tokyo, i mean if you like anime you might like it, but be prepared to have some cultural shock.
Reply 4
I recommend hongkong for sure. Also Malaysia is amazing. Fantastic food. Friendly people etc
Reply 5

Hong Kong is lovely. Very busy and noisy, but worth the effort getting there. The metro there makes it easy to get about.
You have HK Disneyland, Lantau Island with the Big Buddha statue, Cable cars, Peak Tram, and the Star ferry. Be aware some wait times for certain places can be very long.

A long flight can be broken into 2 parts if need be, a stopover in Dubai/Oman/Qatar can be nice.

Tokyo is also good, and not as expensive as you think. Take a capsule hotel (between £ 20 - 40 per night), and get a bento box for lunch/dinner and you'll be fine. If you get the JR pass (available only outside Japan), then most metro travel is free, including the airport train, as well as travel on most lines to other cities, including the Bullet train.
(edited 3 months ago)

Ive never been to hong kong but id love to go
I prefer Hong Kong because of its mild climate in Feburary. I love snow, but the cold in Tokyo might lead me to consider other options.
One of my bucketlist!!

Quick Reply

Latest