The Student Room Group
My, my!

I made the same mistake again and forgot to add a poll. Sorry, guys! but here it is. I try to clear this with the staff. :colondollar:
I will handle it, guys. You can count on me!

EDIT: The staff has done it! You can vote as usual now. :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Heat just sucks. I’m fine with warm weather, but my assumption here is that you mean temperatures > 30°C.

Rain is at least useful as it waters the plants for me, so my lazy @rse can remain ensconced in a chair or something.

Coldness is a close second for worst weather, but at least it doesn’t induce a lasting stench of BO in public places.

Hail is basically rain 2 electric boogaloo. At least here in the UK, hailstones are tiny and are basically harmless, but elsewhere in the world they can be lethal- though I’ve never experienced hail of that kind.

Thunderstorms are pretty. Just make sure you’re observing them in a safe place and not standing in the middle of one.
Do you like hot and sunny weather?
After a cold period, yes. Not daily, it gets a bit annoying

Can you get along with coldness and snow?
If i am properly covered up and cosy, yes.

What was the worst weather you can remember?

The heat wave of few years ago
Original post by Wired_1800
After a cold period, yes. Not daily, it gets a bit annoying

If i am properly covered up and cosy, yes.

The heat wave of few years ago

The worst heat I experienced was in 2010. I met my buddies and it was 40 °C outside!:headfire: Every single step was like hell. The rain flush at evening a great welcome.

Have you made the same experience few years ago? And what is worst? A hot day at those temperatures or heavy rain three weeks in a row?
Original post by Kallisto
The worst heat I experienced was in 2010. I met my buddies and it was 40 °C outside!:headfire: Every single step was like hell. The rain flush at evening a great welcome.

Have you made the same experience few years ago? And what is worst? A hot day at those temperatures or heavy rain three weeks in a row?

I would take one hot day than 3 weeks of heavy rain.
Original post by TypicalNerd
Heat just sucks. I’m fine with warm weather, but my assumption here is that you mean temperatures > 30°C.

Rain is at least useful as it waters the plants for me, so my lazy @rse can remain ensconced in a chair or something.

Coldness is a close second for worst weather, but at least it doesn’t induce a lasting stench of BO in public places.

Hail is basically rain 2 electric boogaloo. At least here in the UK, hailstones are tiny and are basically harmless, but elsewhere in the world they can be lethal- though I’ve never experienced hail of that kind.

Thunderstorms are pretty. Just make sure you’re observing them in a safe place and not standing in the middle of one.

Heat is over 30°C for what I mean to this, yes. I had 41°C in 2010, unpleasant to walk around. Every step causes sweat pearls. :frown:

Ever got these temperatures? And what is an BO?
Heat is over 30°C for what I mean to this, yes. I had 41°C in 2010, unpleasant to walk around. Every step causes sweat pearls. :frown:

Ever got these temperatures? And what is an BO?

I have experienced temperatures of over 40°C (I think if I remember the thermometer correctly, it peaked at 44°C), but that was only when moving stuff in and out of a loft during summer.

BO = body odour
No

Yes.

Blizzard in Northern Ireland in late March 2013.
:yep:

Probably the wintry mix (mixture of freezing rain, ice pellets, and snow) a couple of years back in Canada. Our flights were cancelled for days.

To be honest though, I can stand anything apart from rain.
Oops, didn’t answer these earlier:

Depends on what you define hot as. Assuming you still mean temperatures > 30°C, then god no - I absolutely hate those sorts of conditions.

Yes. If I’m indoors. If I’m forced to go outdoors, then probably not.

That’s a difficult one. The “beast from the east” in February 2018 was probably the worst instance of cold weather I remember.

Although I likely will have experienced the 2010 heatwaves, I won’t remember them well given I was only 6 or 7 at the time.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 12
I think I was a lizard in a past life because I love the heat although not the humidity

Cold snow and sun and I become a lizard with a coat

November 2019 we had huge flash floods with cars being washed away by the water, and people having to be rescued by the fire brigades
Original post by 5hyl33n

Probably the wintry mix (mixture of freezing rain, ice pellets, and snow) a couple of years back in Canada. Our flights were cancelled for days.

To be honest though, I can stand anything apart from rain.

Oh, that sounds so bad. So did you have to stay in a hotel for that time of cancellation? raining cats and dogs is what freaks me out.

Original post by Wired_1800
I would take one hot day than 3 weeks of heavy rain.

Can you imagine how much I was ****ed off this summer by getting four (!) heavy raining days in a row? my mood was down permanently.
Oh, that sounds so bad. So did you have to stay in a hotel for that time of cancellation? raining cats and dogs is what freaks me out.

We were staying with family. :yep:

Can you imagine how much I was ****ed off this summer by getting four (!) heavy raining days in a row? my mood was down permanently.

Yeah, this summer was not great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending