The Student Room Group

PEEL paragraphs

hello, can someone please tell me how to write a PQE or PEEL paragraph, like can u please explain how to make a point and then link it to a quote and explanation because i am in year 11 and i still dont know how to write them because of how i missed year 7 and 8 to covid so we didnt get taught how to.
Are you referring to English Language? If so, identify a quote that tells you something about what the question is asking you for. Put that quote into a sentence, eg something like, "The writer use the simile "as white as snow" to describe the woman's hair". That is your point ("to describe the woman's hair") and evidence (the quote). Then explain what effect this has. Does it make the reader think her hair is pure white, for example, maybe freshly white "as snow" that is newly fallen? Then explain any further points you could suggest, for example, does "snow" suggest she might have a cold, frosty personality perhaps?
Reply 2
Original post by SilverPebble
Are you referring to English Language? If so, identify a quote that tells you something about what the question is asking you for. Put that quote into a sentence, eg something like, "The writer use the simile "as white as snow" to describe the woman's hair". That is your point ("to describe the woman's hair") and evidence (the quote). Then explain what effect this has. Does it make the reader think her hair is pure white, for example, maybe freshly white "as snow" that is newly fallen? Then explain any further points you could suggest, for example, does "snow" suggest she might have a cold, frosty personality perhaps?

thank u so much this was so helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending