The Student Room Group

F211 revision thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geor
Well-ish. I'm a bit behind on my revision schedule, but I'm getting strong As in the past papers! Aiming for 100% UMS however. How about you? :smile:

Mines going alright, finished notes for everything, going to start F212 papers tomorrow, need to haha. Done a few F211 papers and mostly got full UMS based on the years UMS boundaries. Got two exams in a week and a bit (history and biology F211). The good thing is I'm feeling confident for them! :smile:
Original post by geor
Nice! I've already done f212 thankfully - f211 is so much easier!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long does it usually take you to finish an F212 paper?
Original post by LaughingGas
How long does it usually take you to finish an F212 paper?

30-40 minutes
Just did F212 Jan 2011 paper and it was hard! The grade boundary for an A is only 64/100 lol

As it was my first paper though I did use assistance of the mark scheme and my book, just so I got an idea of what is expected in answers.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the F212 papers hard? :confused:

What scores do you guys get with F212 papers?
(edited 10 years ago)
Im jealous of the people that have started doing past papers already, well-done to you guys. im half way through module 3 of unit 2 at the moment, hopefully I would finish and start doing past papers by mid this week.
Revision Question for anyone to answer:

Describe the process of inspiration [4 marks]
Original post by geor
Curiously, what are all your guys scores (out of 40) for the practical unit? I'm worried grade boundaries will creep up again!

I think I'm in the thirties, haven't found out properly yet as they could go up after moderation. If it gets moved below say 34 I will redo them next year.
Reply 47
Just did F212 Jan 2011 paper and it was hard! The grade boundary for an A is only 64/100 lol

As it was my first paper though I did use assistance of the mark scheme and my book, just so I got an idea of what is expected in answers.

Is it just me or does anyone else find the F212 papers hard? :confused:

What scores do you guys get with F212 papers?

i did F212 in jan 2013.. I got 80/100.. which was 129 ums.. u just got to get your technique right tbh.. and learn the stuff (markschemes)
Reply 48
I think i got 39/40 on the practical ones... although many people in my class are still in the 20's...
Reply 49
Hi, guys I'm retaking this exam, I'm up for some revision anytime
Reply 50
our school do both units in the summer for some reason...
Original post by Joey952
Hi, guys I'm retaking this exam, I'm up for some revision anytime

Describe the process of water moving up the xylem and evaporating out of the leaves [5 marks]
Reply 52
Describe the process of water moving up the xylem and evaporating out of the leaves [5 marks]

Water evaporates from the leaf, through the stomata, this lowers the water potential in the cell therefore water from neighbouring cells come in by osmosis, this creates tension which helps more water to get to the leaf, water molecules are cohesive which help it move up, as there is low water potential in the root cortex water moves in by osmosis.
Original post by Joey952
Water evaporates from the leaf, through the stomata, this lowers the water potential in the cell therefore water from neighbouring cells come in by osmosis, this creates tension which helps more water to get to the leaf, water molecules are cohesive which help it move up, as there is low water potential in the root cortex water moves in by osmosis.

Correct, 5 marks - sorry for the late reply :P

As me a question pleaseeeee!:biggrin:
Reply 54
Correct, 5 marks - sorry for the late reply :P

As me a question pleaseeeee!:biggrin:

Explain the Cardiac cycle ? (7)
Reply 55
Original post by geor
How did you manage to get that high? Did your teachers tell you the answers? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope just a bit of luck! i got 13/20 and then 15/20 then suddenly BAM 19/20 :O it was on my fav topic of enzymes :biggrin:
Original post by Joey952
Explain the Cardiac cycle ? (7)

Atria Contract, Ventricles Relax:

The Atria fill with blood which decreases there volume and increases there pressure

The Atria then contract, reducing the volume and increasing the pressure further, forcing the atrioventricular valves open

Atria Relax, Ventricles Contract:

The ventricles contract reducing their volume and increasing their pressure, causing the atrioventricular valves to close shut.

The increased pressure forces the semi-lunar valves to open, so blood flows into the pulmonary artery and into the aorta

Atria Relax, Ventricles Relax:

Both the atria and ventricles are relaxed, increasing their volume and reducing pressure, the higher pressure in the aorta and the semi-lunar valves causes the semi-lunar valves to close to prevent back-flow

The atria then fill with blood and the process starts all over

That should be right?
:biggrin:
Have an F212 mock tomorrow, should be fun...:rolleyes:
Reply 58
Hay guys, quick q. Can you get full ums without getting full raw marks? If so do you know what it has been previously?
Original post by Sbhatt
Hay guys, quick q. Can you get full ums without getting full raw marks? If so do you know what it has been previously?

I'd like to know this as well! been trying to search online but can't find any info on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending