The Student Room Group

Government and Politics A2 Unit 4D edexcel prediction

This is the new thread as promised it took a while because i wanted to ensure that no one had created one .
Anyway after seeing my unit 3d exam i'm not really optimistic in fact i'm terrified on what could happen . I intend on answering poverty , conflict and terrorism questions.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Been waiting for this thread. Unlike all the other units, there haven't really been any topics I haven't liked, it's all been really interesting!
Reply 2
Nuclear weapons as a 45 marker. Bank on it.
Reply 3
Original post by Rovey

Would be very nice, my unit 3 went very well the 45 marker was a dream so in a good position for this
Grade boundaries for the unit 4 are even lower than for unit 3
Reply 4
Original post by Ecomax
Would be very nice, my unit 3 went very well the 45 marker was a dream so in a good position for this

Im retaking my unit 3 as i did not do so well. Please can you send me some of your essays for unit 3, i think because this subject is still very new in my school my teacher has not understood how to teach it because everyone in my yr got C which is quite sad.
Reply 5
Original post by Ecomax

Nuclear weapons is very straightforward, seeing as the answer to the question is the same. It's only ever appeared twice, and last time it came up in june was quite a while ago.

Very likely IMO. What are the ground boundaries? I find unit 4 slightly harder, if only because of the courts, rights etc. which is boring as heck.
Reply 6
please can everyone one attach their past unit 3 essay answers. or pm me and get my e-mail. I really need to see were i went wrong
Reply 7
Subscribing! Revision is going well so far.
Reply 8
Anybody got essay plans for unit 4 questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Rovey

That would be glorious. Simply glorious. :tongue:
Reply 10
is anyone retaking unit3d?
Reply 11
Original post by dlabz
is anyone retaking unit3d?

Yeah I'm retaking! You have any clue as to what may come up??
Reply 12
Original post by Mzeeden
Yeah I'm retaking! You have any clue as to what may come up??

No we can work together though :smile:
Reply 13
How is preparation going guyz?
Does anybody have any predictions about what will come up in the global issues politics exam?

Best of Luck
Reply 15
It seems like not much people are doing 4D :|
Any predictions to what can come up??
Reply 16
Original post by servanB
It seems like not much people are doing 4D :|
Any predictions to what can come up??

I'm doing Unit 4D - I like studying it. But I hate the exam.

It's hard to predict the questions but looking at it, I reckon for 45 markers:

> Nuclear weapons; maybe "nuclear weapons are a grave threat to international security".
> Terrorism: "can only be dealt with by sacrificing human rights and civil liberties", perhaps?

> Humanitarian intervention; maybe "the history of humanitarian intervention has been a history of failure"?

Or the same old ones on poverty (either international aid or globalisation) and the environment (climate change conferences are pointless).

That's what I think anyway. :tongue:
Reply 17
i'm really scared for this exam i need a high B in it
Reply 18
Nuclear weapons has been on the past two 15 markers and terrorism hasn't come up.. I'm thinking definitely something to come up on terrorism
Reply 19
Original post by AidanB
Nuclear weapons has been on the past two 15 markers and terrorism hasn't come up.. I'm thinking definitely something to come up on terrorism

like what on terrorism?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending