The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by MathsNerd1
Maybe? I've got unit 1 coming up on Thursday so that'll be my priority right now as well as getting through all the Maths I was set this week and some STEP questions too.

Good luck mate!
Original post by Better
Otrivine is just OCD. It will be like 2 marks maximum. Unfortunately I can't give her anymore thumbs down.

You will pretty much everything you need from doing the Past Papers to an A* level.

I just know it because it's in the spec.

I see thats not too bad although I'm trying to get the top marks so I might as well look into them abit more, I remember it being in the second unit and thanks, I'll get through all the past papers and try to learn from any mistakes I do, hopefully I'll get an A then :biggrin:
Original post by Better
Yes they work in two ways.

1. As absorbants - they provide a surface for the reactants to react, and then release them once the reaction as has occured. Example Fe catalyst in Haber Process for Ammonia.

2. Due to variable oxidation states, they can accept electrons and form intermediates. Thus providing an alternate path with an lower activation energy. Example Fe(Iron) Catalyst in Organic Chemistry in the Monohalogenation of Benzene.

Perfect=100% :biggrin:
Original post by Better
Good luck mate!

Thanks man, I'm hoping for almost full marks this time around! :biggrin:
Reply 864
Yeah it's all just regurgitation of the facts, incredibly boring! And well would you be able to be show how we can prove the oxidation states of a compound change by using the concentrations and volumes? I feel that could possibly be a question that'll confuse me a lot :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean something like MnO4- to Mn2+? That would be a simple titration, followed by a concentration calculation.
Reply 865
Original post by Better
Funtry if you are good at Unit 4 that would help. I only got 49/60.

So frustrating. I need at least 6 more marks. If you have any tips that would be decent.

Well, I would, but you're banned now :tongue:
Original post by Funtry
Do you mean something like MnO4- to Mn2+? That would be a simple titration, followed by a concentration calculation.

Well I remember seeing a question that was asking me to show that the oxidation state in VO3- to V2+ goes from +5 to +2 and it just gave us the concentrations and volumes. It just confused me as I'm use to doing it by oxidation numbers not having to prove they change from this way.
Reply 867
Well I remember seeing a question that was asking me to show that the oxidation state in VO3- to V2+ goes from +5 to +2 and it just gave us the concentrations and volumes. It just confused me as I'm use to doing it by oxidation numbers not having to prove they change from this way.

Oh that one, from Jan'13? Where you had to work out the oxidation states? I'll take a picture of my corrections on it :smile:

EDIT: Not clear enough. I'll type it all out (if that's the one you're talking about!)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Funtry
Oh that one, from Jan'13? Where you had to work out the oxidation states? I'll take a picture of my corrections on it :smile:

I didn't know if it was from an actual paper, my teacher just gave me a compilation of questions on the topic but I thought they were just ones related to this unit but on the old specification?
Reply 869
I didn't know if it was from an actual paper, my teacher just gave me a compilation of questions on the topic but I thought they were just ones related to this unit but on the old specification?

Can you put the question up or something? I'm not very good at explaining, but I can structure my answer's reasonably well (if that makes sense).
Original post by Funtry
Can you put the question up or something? I'm not very good at explaining, but I can structure my answer's reasonably well (if that makes sense).

I will tomorrow as I'm just about to head up now and I haven't got the question infront of me right now.
Reply 871
I will tomorrow as I'm just about to head up now and I haven't got the question infront of me right now.

That's okay, I may not be on tomorrow or any day until thursday though, as I have work and a lot of revision planned tomorrow, and then something happening every week night. I'll get back to you on it as soon as I can though :smile:
Original post by Funtry
That's okay, I may not be on tomorrow or any day until thursday though, as I have work and a lot of revision planned tomorrow, and then something happening every week night. I'll get back to you on it as soon as I can though :smile:

That's alright as I've got my unit 1 exam to revise for as it's this Thursday and then 8 other exams excluding this one to revise for too, so I'll be pretty darn busy too :smile:
Reply 873
That's alright as I've got my unit 1 exam to revise for as it's this Thursday and then 8 other exams excluding this one to revise for too, so I'll be pretty darn busy too :smile:

And I thought 6 was a bad!! Good luck anyway :smile:
Original post by Funtry
And I thought 6 was a bad!! Good luck anyway :smile:

Thanks, it's going to be a fun 5-6 weeks :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 875
Thanks, it's going to be a fun 5-6 weeks :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That it is.. 1 month today and hopefully I'll be throwing up in a gutter somewhere, celebrating the end of my exams :biggrin:
Original post by Funtry
That it is.. 1 month today and hopefully I'll be throwing up in a gutter somewhere, celebrating the end of my exams :biggrin:

Indeed and I'll be doing absolutely nothing, because I can however I'll first go out with my friends to celebrate! Best of luck! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zef1995
I'm sorry you've had to wait a while...

I don't know if you've tried it already, but when you reply to a message by clicking 'quote', and you are diverted away from the thread to reply to the message, there should be an icon with a paperclip in the top row of the box. It's difficult to describe, I'd love to be able to show you xD
I hope that helps anyway :smile:

I have the paper. I got so many messages for people wanting It but i don't have time to reply back individually as in I'm revising myself.
Reply 878
Original post by scorpio22
I have the paper. I got so many messages for people wanting It but i don't have time to reply back individually as in I'm revising myself.

Yeah that makes sense, you have to focus on your own revision first (I'm sorry if that sounds harsh)! Maybe teachers at school have a copy of the Jan 13 paper, whether all teachers email/give a copy to students or not I don't know!

I hope your revision is going well :smile:
Hope revision is going well everyone :smile: How have people been doing on mocks and stuff (jan 13). I got a v high B.

Oooh and 1000th post. :party:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending