The Student Room Group

Chemistry c2 unit 2 aqa monday gcse 20th new spec

Scroll to see replies

Would I get a mark for the ' state the type of heat transfer' question if i just put: heat

Also, for the question ' would heat be needed again when the reaction takes place', my answer was: when the reaction took place the first time, heat was given to it already and so in the reverse direction heat isn't needed

cheers
Would I still get the mark for calling Carbon Dioxide a 'simple substance'? I totally forgot about simple molecule/simple covalent structure but I knew it was simple substance, I included every other point I just hope I get the mark for that :frown:
Original post by denizcan619
Would I get a mark for the ' state the type of heat transfer' question if i just put: heat

Also, for the question ' would heat be needed again when the reaction takes place', my answer was: when the reaction took place the first time, heat was given to it already and so in the reverse direction heat isn't needed

cheers

Potentially as it was the second question and I fear everyone has over complicated it. And unlikely, as it isn't really about the heat but activation energy etc, possibly, but you'd be lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by examphobia
Would I still get the mark for calling Carbon Dioxide a 'simple substance'? I totally forgot about simple molecule/simple covalent structure but I knew it was simple substance, I included every other point I just hope I get the mark for that :frown:

I have to admit I doubt it, molecule will probably be a key word I'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
Original post by sammann123
It was why didn't the cake need to be heated, the answer being it is an exothermic reaction and has low activation energy so doesn't require much energy (from heating) to start.

Nope, the reaction was reversible. It took in heat, and so did not need to be heated. What you said about a low activation energy has no relevance at all :rolleyes:
Original post by lolface32
Nope, the reaction was reversible. It took in heat, and so did not need to be heated. What you said about a low activation energy has no relevance at all :rolleyes:

In the actual exam I talked about how it was an endothermic reaction when decomposing the hydrogen carbonate and therefore did need heating, however as forming the hydrogen carbonate was exothermic it only needed a small amount of energy to take place, I.e not heating is needed..? Is that not right then? All reactions surely need some energy to take place even if it is a reversible reaction, so there is always a activation energy, just in this case it was very low so therefore heating was not needed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
Original post by sammann123
In the actual exam I talked about how it was an endothermic reaction when decomposing the hydrogen carbonate and therefore did need heating, however as forming the hydrogen carbonate was exothermic it only needed a small amount of energy to take place, I.e not heating is needed..? Is that not right then? All reactions surely need some energy to take place even if it is a reversible reaction, so there is always a activation energy, just in this case it was very low so therefore heating was not needed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha, honestly at this point I am genuinely confused. Forgot what the question was :colondollar:
Original post by lolface32
Hahahaha, honestly at this point I am genuinely confused. Forgot what the question was :colondollar:

Ahah fair enough, I think the answer was to do with the fact it needed lots of energy to go one way, but not as much to go the other way.
Reply 228
Does anyone have an idea about the grade boundaries?:confused:
Reply 229
Original post by kam123456
2 (a) (ii) How does a hydrogen ion change into a hydrogen atom?
2 (c) (i) Which ion makes the waste alkaline?
4 (c) (ii) What information does the molecular ion peak give about the molecule?
5 (c) (ii) Sodium iodide contains sodium ions (Na+) and iodide ions (I

).
Describe, as fully as you can, what happens when sodium atoms react with iodine atoms
to produce sodium iodide.
5 (c) (v) What is formed at the negative electrode when sodium iodide solution is electrolysed?

Can you answer these question for me please from the 2013 exam.

This is worrying, I don't remember anything about ionic bonding on this paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone post the unofficial mark scheme pls? that would be very useful .. thanx :smile:
Original post by 09spoudyal
Can anyone post the unofficial mark scheme pls? that would be very useful .. thanx :smile:

Why don't u do it urself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 232
Original post by Elm Tree
I wrote that too :woo:

Yeah, we were supposed to write about how it was
1. a simple molecular structure
2. The intermolecular forces between the molecules are weak
3. Which means it takes a small amount of energy to overcome them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending