The Student Room Group

last year of sixth form ahhhhhhhhhh

Welcome to my blog ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

About me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am in year 13 studying Maths, Chemistry, Physics and DT. My biggest goal for this blog is to get the grades I need to study mechanical engineering at University. I love reading, crocheting, skateboarding, and watching anime and K-dramas when I can spare the time.

What are my current projected grades?
Maths-B
Chemistry-C
Physics-C
DT-C
(T_T)
Yeah.... they are not the best, hence the blog

Key Updates
Offers
Firm and Insurance choices
Final grades
Uni and course I'm going to be studying
New grow your grade blog
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

hey! i'm studying the same (besides DT), how are you finding year 13 content so far?
im doing politics history and business predicted BBB its hard ps essays and coursework its serious
What unis are you thinking of applying to?
im from london so its all in london qmul westminster birckbeck brunel and greenwich
im from lomdon so qmul birckbeck westminster brunel And greenwich
Reply 6
Original post by hat25
Welcome to my blog ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

About me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am in year 13 studying Maths, Chemistry, Physics and DT. My biggest goal for this blog is to get the grades I need to study mechanical engineering at University. I love reading, crocheting, skateboarding, and watching anime and K-dramas when I can spare the time.

What are my current projected grades?
Maths-B
Chemistry-C
Physics-C
DT-C
(T_T)
Yeah.... they are not the best, hence the blog

Key Updates

your grades are like me frfr 😩
Though maths phys and comp sci
Reply 7
Original post by imogenbella
hey! i'm studying the same (besides DT), how are you finding year 13 content so far?

Chemistry feels like a fever dream T_T I don't know how I am going to survive till the end of the year. Maths is not too bad... yet and physics has been ok so far but specific heat capacity is the bane of my existence. How are you finding the content?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by _kvymnnn
What unis are you thinking of applying to?

Since my grades are horrible I am planning on applying to unis with foundation year. the unis I plan on applying to are Leicester, Hull, Liverpool, Queens University Belfast and manchester. what course are you planning to apply for?
Reply 9
Original post by MM19_siuuu
im doing politics history and business predicted BBB its hard ps essays and coursework its serious

Yeah, I thought the coursework was going to be easy. What course are you applying for
business with politics or accounting and finance

Original post by hat25
Yeah, I thought the coursework was going to be easy. What course are you applying for
Original post by hat25
Chemistry feels like a fever dream T_T I don't know how I am going to survive till the end of the year. Maths is not too bad... yet and physics has been ok so far but specific heat capacity is the bane of my existence. How are you finding the content?

Maths seems to be going really well, they’ve changed how we do assessments in school so tests seem to be better, but not got any results back yet. Chem is alright, just a lot of content to remember and the pressure teachers are putting on us seems a lot more. Physics is a bit boring which is a shame because I’m applying to study physics, the thermodynamics content is also the bane of my existence 💔
Reply 12
Going back to school tomorrow(╥_╥)
Resuming school tomorrow, I can sense the sleep deprivation from a mile away
My to-do list for tomorrow
School
Study period-prepare for the math test tomorrow-Functions and graphs
Study period - Complete flashcards for physical chemistry
Study period-Read a book/ chill- do some prereading on simple harmonic motion
Physics
Home
Complete home learning if I have any
Complete chapter 3 -Forces and motion flashcards and prepare some topic questions to do in my Study period tomorrow
Complete DT coursework

Here are two bunnies(well they were supposed to be two bunnies but when I posted everything squished together) watching a meteor shower. Getting my daily dose of serotonin

‧₊ *:・゚彡 ☽︎
✩彡 ・゚ *:

(\_(\ /)_/)
( ) ( )
૮/ʚɞ |ა ૮| ʚɞ\ა
( | | ◌)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
I have finally submitted my UCAS application ahhhhhhh. the unis and courses I applied to are:
University of Liverpool- engineering with foundation year
The University of Hull- mechanical engineering
The University of Manchester- mechanical engineering with foundation year
University of Leicester- engineering with foundation year
Queen's University Belfast- engineering with foundation year
2023 is in 7 weeks \(º º l|l)/ we have like 6 months left till the end of year 13, time is going by so fast. I actually need to start revising for real now.
🚨 20th-century girl spoiler ahead🚨

Spoiler

Original post by hat25
I have finally submitted my UCAS application ahhhhhhh. the unis and courses I applied to are:
2023 is in 7 weeks \(º º l|l)/ we have like 6 months left till the end of year 13, time is going by so fast. I actually need to start revising for real now.

Spoiler

Hey @hat25!

Great to see that you have applied to Leicester :smile: Did you get a chance to visit us on an Open Day? What did you think?

Best of luck for all of your applications and exams, excited to hear how you get on!

Top tip: as and when you get invited to offer holder days, try and go to as many as you can, this will really give you the opportunity to pin down the place for you!

If there's any questions about Leicester or uni life, always happy to help -Alisha :smile: (UK Student Recruitment Support Officer)
Original post by hat25
Since my grades are horrible I am planning on applying to unis with foundation year. the unis I plan on applying to are Leicester, Hull, Liverpool, Queens University Belfast and manchester. what course are you planning to apply for?

Why not Brookes? they might give you an offer for direct entry to Year 1?
Original post by hat25

Spoiler

OMG! 20th Century Girl. :frown::frown::frown: It's become my favourite movie now... It was *chef's kiss*; Getting an A for making me feel all the feels fr. That ending definitely keeps me up at night. :frown: Every song I listen to reminds me of the film, it's not even funny anymore; I've made a whole Spotify playlist (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5xsrVEtTW3P77lzU1a7enb?si=22e412abdc584427) for the movie and it's been on repeat ever since I made it... so yeh maybe I chose this heartache ah :'))

But YAY!!! Well done on submitting your UCAS application!
I'm not applying to uni this year, but next year I'll be in the same position you're in now!
Hope everything works out and you're offered a place in all the universities you applied to~
You might even get to meet your Woonho :wink: (praying my future Woonho is real, living and breathing rn omg-) :0

Wishing you all the happiness and results that the main couple from 20th Century Girl deserved to have! :smile:
You got this!~
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
Original post by University of Leicester
Hey @hat25!

Great to see that you have applied to Leicester :smile: Did you get a chance to visit us on an Open Day? What did you think?

Best of luck for all of your applications and exams, excited to hear how you get on!

Top tip: as and when you get invited to offer holder days, try and go to as many as you can, this will really give you the opportunity to pin down the place for you!

If there's any questions about Leicester or uni life, always happy to help -Alisha :smile: (UK Student Recruitment Support Officer)

I attended an open day and I like the uni and the city. I liked that there were plenty of halal food options.

Thank you!!
Reply 18
Original post by Muttley79
Why not Brookes? they might give you an offer for direct entry to Year 1?

Noooooooo, why didn't you tell me earlier? ˙◠˙
Reply 19
Original post by enhaluvr
OMG! 20th Century Girl. :frown::frown::frown: It's become my favourite movie now... It was *chef's kiss*; Getting an A for making me feel all the feels fr. That ending definitely keeps me up at night. :frown: Every song I listen to reminds me of the film, it's not even funny anymore; I've made a whole Spotify playlist (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5xsrVEtTW3P77lzU1a7enb?si=22e412abdc584427) for the movie and it's been on repeat ever since I made it... so yeh maybe I chose this heartache ah :'))

But YAY!!! Well done on submitting your UCAS application!
I'm not applying to uni this year, but next year I'll be in the same position you're in now!
Hope everything works out and you're offered a place in all the universities you applied to~
You might even get to meet your Woonho :wink: (praying my future Woonho is real, living and breathing rn omg-) :0

Wishing you all the happiness and results that the main couple from 20th Century Girl deserved to have! :smile:
You got this!~

Thank you soooo much. Good luck with your application next year. my top tip would be to start EARLY. Praying we meet our Woonho frfr. ( ˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و ♡(I am so mad that she didn't get the letter he wrote).
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending