The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) D1 24th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zakee
Weren't they like, A,B,C and F or something like that?

Yeah they were the ones I think.

Original post by kabutsu12
all three came out with weights of 32 whatever they were

Yep!
Reply 81
Yes it was A,B,C and F. It took me so long to draw the graph on question 6
Reply 82
Original post by JimmyA*

Don't worry, I actually missed out something like 7-8 marks on this paper as it was so damn time consuming. It was as time consuming as June 2012. I really do hope that grade boundaries for an A are somewhere around 50 - 52. (As June 2012 was 49)
Reply 83
Could anyone run through their values for the simplex question? Would like to know where exactly I ****ed up. Pretty sure I got 8 as my first pivot value, did others get this too?
Original post by JimmyA*

I drew 3 lines (who knows if they're actually correct or not) and labelled the feasible region R, but I forgot to shade the outside :P

Original post by kabutsu12
Could anyone run through their values for the simplex question? Would like to know where exactly I ****ed up. Pretty sure I got 8 as my first pivot value, did others get this too?

Yeah, I had the same pivot as you. I think I got x=0, p=24 after the first iteration, but I can't remember what was y. After the second I got P to be 88.
Reply 85
I think after the first iteration P=24 x=0 and y=3
Reply 86
I thought they were very harsh on awarding 6 marks for 2 iteration's. In all the past paper's it's been around 10-13
Original post by JimmyA*
I thought they were very harsh on awarding 6 marks for 2 iteration's. In all the past paper's it's been around 10-13

Should be 7 or 8 at least I think. 4-5 for the first iteration 'cause they wanted to know about pivot choice and how the rows were calculated. and 2-3 for the second to complete it and get the P value. Although, I didn't show how the pivot was chosen or how the rows were calculated for the second iteration.
Reply 88
Original post by DarkPeople
Should be 7 or 8 at least I think. 4-5 for the first iteration 'cause they wanted to know about pivot choice and how the rows were calculated. and 2-3 for the second to complete it and get the P value. Although, I didn't show how the pivot was chosen or how the rows were calculated for the second iteration.

For two iterations, usually it is 10 marks (with explanation). It was harsh of them to award such few marks for it. I presume, 1 mark for explanation of pivot, 2 marks for the first table correct, 1 mark for the output values of first iteration, 1 mark for the right second table and one mark for the right second values output?
Reply 89
That paper was ****ing unfair. It took me forever to do that new algorithm question with the inputs 18 and 30...argh...

I didn't finish it because it took so long :frown:

That page spread with Qu. 4 - 5 wass just beastly. I swear none of the other papers have had that much stuff...especially with a Simplex jammed on the end...waaaah....I wanted an A*!
Reply 90
It being only 6 marks was a blessing in disguise for me!
Original post by Zakee
Don't worry, I actually missed out something like 7-8 marks on this paper as it was so damn time consuming. It was as time consuming as June 2012. I really do hope that grade boundaries for an A are somewhere around 50 - 52. (As June 2012 was 49)

OMG THANKYOU! I THOUGHT IT WAS AN OKAY PAPER IN TERMS OF CONTENT BUT **** TIME FLEW, I ACTUALLY LOST ABOUT 10 MARKS JUST BECAUSE OF TIME :frown: BUT APPARENTLY GRADE BOUNDARIES ARE ALWAYS LOW? (sorry for caps)
Reply 92
what did you guys get the values of F and M, in q3i, anyone get M as 45?
Original post by Rajan
what did you guys get the values of F and M, in q3i, anyone get M as 45?
I got like 90 and 6 :\\
Original post by Zakee
For two iterations, usually it is 10 marks (with explanation). It was harsh of them to award such few marks for it. I presume, 1 mark for explanation of pivot, 2 marks for the first table correct, 1 mark for the output values of first iteration, 1 mark for the right second table and one mark for the right second values output?

Yeah 6 wasn't enough at all. 1 mark for calculating the rows for the first iteration too!

Original post by CocoTango
That paper was ****ing unfair. It took me forever to do that new algorithm question with the inputs 18 and 30...argh...

I didn't finish it because it took so long :frown:

That page spread with Qu. 4 - 5 wass just beastly. I swear none of the other papers have had that much stuff...especially with a Simplex jammed on the end...waaaah....I wanted an A*!

Yeah I spent quite a fair bit of time on that whole question too :/ don't worry! Hopefully, the grade boundaries are not too high, although it averages around 49-54 for an A I think. Fingers crossed!
Reply 95
I thought that was a very unfair paper. It was so time consuming I almost didn't finish.
Fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that paper didn't go brilliantly. I knew the algorithm was something to do with HCF etc. but I couldn't work it out exactly, planned to go back at the end but didn't have time. My first iteration of Simplex was okay, but I must've messed up somewhere on the second iteration because I got some dodgy fractional values that clearly didn't correspond to a vertex. Hopefully I'll get some method marks.

Other than that, it was okay but I didn't have time to check or work out where I made an error on Simplex.

Original post by benitashrestha

That's what I got too.
Reply 97
this paper was soo ridiculous! someone needs to write an unofficial mark-scheme!
Original post by benitashrestha

Original post by AlesanaWill
That's what I got too.

Same
Original post by AlesanaWill
Well that paper didn't go brilliantly. I knew the algorithm was something to do with HCF etc. but I couldn't work it out exactly, planned to go back at the end but didn't have time. My first iteration of Simplex was okay, but I must've messed up somewhere on the second iteration because I got some dodgy fractional values that clearly didn't correspond to a vertex. Hopefully I'll get some method marks.

Other than that, it was okay but I didn't have time to check or work out where I made an error on Simplex.

That's what I got too.

YES! But still the grade is looking low, because I missed out SO many questions :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending