University of Aberdeen

University Of Aberdeen Freshers 2013-14

Scroll to see replies

Just got my conditional confirmation letter the other day (:
Anyone else looking at New Carnegie Court? I've heard it's really popular
I'm doing Psychology btw :3
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
got a conditional for primary education, hopefully see you all there in september, actually so excited! Anyone else applied fro esslemont or south house?
They were my 2nd and 3rd choices (: Maybe I'll see you there :P
Reply 63
Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Got my offer and all..... Got to get through my exams and on my way to Aberdeen :-P

Abit excited and abit nervous since im moving so far away from home.......

Anyhows im doing chemical engineering..... Anyone else??? If not..... Stilll hiiii ;-)

Hope to see u all there
Original post by msr36
Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Got my offer and all..... Got to get through my exams and on my way to Aberdeen :-P

Anyhows im doing chemical engineering..... Anyone else??? If not..... Stilll hiiii ;-)

Hope to see u all there

Where are you moving from? (:
Reply 65
I might be going to Aberdeen, its my Insurance choice :smile: I have a conditional offer to study Law.

Also from quite far away, I live just North of London.
Reply 66
Original post by GracieIsCrazy

From Birmingham....... Scotland seems amazing and more natural....... But im abit nervous about the new surroundings and all...... Plus never been so far away from home....

Anyhows should be great....so what are u studying?? :-)
Original post by msr36
From Birmingham....... Scotland seems amazing and more natural....... But im abit nervous about the new surroundings and all...... Plus never been so far away from home....

Anyhows should be great....so what are u studying?? :-)

Yeah, looking forward to the Scottish scenery and all (: I'm from Bath, so quite a way away :P
Studying psychology (:
Reply 68
Yeah, looking forward to the Scottish scenery and all (: I'm from Bath, so quite a way away :P
Studying psychology (:

Yeah...... Bath is pretty nice too though, in terms of scenery, as I've heard :-P
Reply 69
Any mature students starting Aberdeen Uni for the first time? I'm studying Primary Education :smile:
I'm not a mature student but I am studying primary education :smile:
Original post by msr36
Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Hope to see u all there

Hello I am doing chemical engineering :biggrin: first person I know who is doing it as well :smile: very pleased

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Hi :smile: I got a conditional offer for International Relations &Managment Studies and I'm from Germany. I visited Aberdeen last weekend and I really liked the city, especially Old Aberdeen :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by kiwi2794
Hi :smile: I got a conditional offer for International Relations &Managment Studies and I'm from Germany. I visited Aberdeen last weekend and I really liked the city, especially Old Aberdeen :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! :smile: well done on your offer! That's really cool, I've always wanted to visit Germany! Aberdeen's lovely :smile: I'm from Scotland and stay about 3 hours away from Aberdeen, so I'll be moving away too - though clearly not quite as far a distance as you! :wink: I have an unconditional for English and Scottish Literature :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Hi there, I will hopefully be attending the Univeristy of Aberdeen. I'm going to study Maths and I am from South London. Kinda anxious about the distance, but I guess I should get used to it with some time. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the Uni was and the place? Haven't really been to visit, shall go in the summer hopefully (sounds ridiculous, I Know).
Reply 75
Original post by Nessa95
Hi there, I will hopefully be attending the Univeristy of Aberdeen. I'm going to study Maths and I am from South London. Kinda anxious about the distance, but I guess I should get used to it with some time. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the Uni was and the place? Haven't really been to visit, shall go in the summer hopefully (sounds ridiculous, I Know).

Nice one! I'm studying English and Scottish Literature, so I guess you could say we're doing polar opposite degrees! :P aww yeah, but in theory you get long holidays so you'll be home more than you think - time will fly by I'm sure! Aberdeen is really lovely, the granite buildings are really pretty, it's a good sized town, the shopping is good, the uni campus is really nice, the teaching is great, the nightlife's good, crime rate is low, there's plenty to do, nice scenery nearby, people are nice...it's a really great place, every time I've been to visit I've loved it :smile: it's not that ridiculous, there'll be people from other countries that won't have visited Aberdeen till they move in September so it's all good :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Panda124
Nice one! I'm studying English and Scottish Literature, so I guess you could say we're doing polar opposite degrees! :P aww yeah, but in theory you get long holidays so you'll be home more than you think - time will fly by I'm sure! Aberdeen is really lovely, the granite buildings are really pretty, it's a good sized town, the shopping is good, the uni campus is really nice, the teaching is great, the nightlife's good, crime rate is low, there's plenty to do, nice scenery nearby, people are nice...it's a really great place, every time I've been to visit I've loved it :smile: it's not that ridiculous, there'll be people from other countries that won't have visited Aberdeen till they move in September so it's all good :smile:

Thank you! That really makes me feel more comfortable about putting it as my first. Now I just need to get the grades! I'm just kinda worried about my Chemistry A-level lol. How are your subjects going?
Reply 77

Heyyy.... Hii.... .yeahh ur also the first person I know who is doing chem eng..... So where are u from!? And where are u staying?? :-P

Im moving all the way from Birmingham :'(
But i hope its worth it and the uni seems brilliant :-P
Reply 78
Original post by Nessa95
Thank you! That really makes me feel more comfortable about putting it as my first. Now I just need to get the grades! I'm just kinda worried about my Chemistry A-level lol. How are your subjects going?

Aww no problem! Don't worry you'll be okay, just think: loads of people move away for uni all the time, you'll have fun! :smile: ooh what you studying this year and what are your conditions? Aww I'm sure you'll do great - don't worry! Well I've actually done 2 out of my 3 exams, and my 3rd is art and I only need to submit a folio on the 5th of June, so that's handy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by msr36
Heyyy.... Hii.... .yeahh ur also the first person I know who is doing chem eng..... So where are u from!? And where are u staying?? :-P

Im moving all the way from Birmingham :'(
But i hope its worth it and the uni seems brilliant :-P

I am from Glasgow :smile: I have put down esselmont as my first choice , if your from birmingham I'd presume your staying in halls :wink: where you staying ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending