The Student Room Group

Edexcel 1MA0 GCSE Linear Higher and Foundation March 2013 Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Efemena15
Does anyone know how to get these papers?

See your teachers in school.
They should be able to help you.
so are these the official boundaries for:

Edexcel - mathematics A - higher tier - 1MA0

on:
june 11th 2013
june 14th 2013

thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by ThePremierLeague
so are these the official boundaries for:

Edexcel - mathematics A - higher tier - 1MA0

on:
june 11th 2013
june 14th 2013

thanks in advance :smile:

No
The boundaries are calculated after each exam sitting. That means June of this year could be say 10 marks higher or lower for an A* depending on how the cohort have done in the exam.
The exam boards mark all the papers and then work out each grade boundary from there.
They will publish them the day before.
Original post by m4ths/maths247
See your teachers in school.
They should be able to help you.

Thank you sir, I love your 100 A/A* questions videos on youtube. Do you think you'll finish by June?:smile:
Thank you sir, I love your 100 A/A* questions videos on youtube. Do you think you'll finish by June?:smile:

Hi
Thanks!
Will I get finished? Yes I think so. The first exam is June the 11th for my pupils from memory.
I just have to make my mind work to think up 33 more questions :wink:
Hi
Thanks!
Will I get finished? Yes I think so. The first exam is June the 11th for my pupils from memory.
I just have to make my mind work to think up 33 more questions :wink:

Haha, good luck with that. Possibly some more questions on Loci as I tend to struggle with that :confused::colondollar:
Haha, good luck with that. Possibly some more questions on Loci as I tend to struggle with that :confused::colondollar:

What sort of question?

There is the tutorial here:

http://youtu.be/EAxW3NvKCAQ

Give me some example of the A/A* questions on them and I will add them to the list....31 to go :smile:
What sort of question?

There is the tutorial here:

http://youtu.be/EAxW3NvKCAQ

Give me some example of the A/A* questions on them and I will add them to the list....31 to go :smile:

Thanks so much, I'm not sure if you've seen the 2013 Feb/March papers but I remembered there being a Loci question that I messed up on and resulted in me being 1 mark off A* :frown:. I will try and find some more questions in a minute
@m4ths/maths247Another thing I struggle with is decribing and sometimes even drawing transformations, even though they're meant to be one of the easiest topics
can anyone help me pls, I need gcse maths to get on access to he course, is taking foundation level acceptable, if not, r there some simpler questions on the higher? I know I need grade c is that easier to get on foundation or higher?
Original post by catwoman1006
can anyone help me pls, I need gcse maths to get on access to he course, is taking foundation level acceptable, if not, r there some simpler questions on the higher? I know I need grade c is that easier to get on foundation or higher?

You can achieve a C either by getting most of your foundation exams correct (75 ish % depending on examiner/exam) or by getting most of your higher exams wrong (25 to 30% correct). If you are ok at practical everyday maths and error free in your working but not so good with the harder topics then foundation. If you can get help to learn a few more advanced topics then the low pass mark might attract you to higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr M
Edexcel have made a mistake. Correct boundaries published in first post.

does anyone know the individual grade boundaries out of 100 for the calc and non-calc for higher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending