I have both

Could you share?
Reply 202
Original post by .raiden.
Could you share?

Don't have PDF
Original post by Qari
Question 2 a why is it sin not cos?

I think always with these exams the weight component is always thought of a mg*sintheta

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207
Original post by Jimmy20002012
I think always with these exams the weight component is always thought of a mg*sintheta

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I realised what I did wrong, it was my own mistake :frown:
Reply 208
Original post by Qari
No I realised what I did wrong, it was my own mistake :frown:

Guess I was too slow :tongue:
Is the tension in the cable a clockwise or anticlockwise moment, how do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 210
Is the tension in the cable a clockwise or anticlockwise moment, how do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is force*perpendicular distance from pivot :smile:
Original post by Qari
This is force*perpendicular distance from pivot :smile:

No I mean the next one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 212
No I mean the next one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just look at the diagram side ways and you know the bike handle is turning around the pivot so essentially the moment you worked out earlier = T x 25mm The handle being pushed down so it must be clockwise

Does this make sense or should I draw a diagram?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by .raiden.
Just look at the diagram side ways and you know the bike handle is turning around the pivot so essentially the moment you worked out earlier = T x 25mm The handle being pushed down so it must be clockwise

Does this make sense or should I draw a diagram?

Oh, so the tension is basically anticlockwise? And with the question to do with the guy on the slope, why is the weight component sin not cos, or is it asking for the weight component actually down the slope? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Oh, so the tension is basically anticlockwise? And with the question to do with the guy on the slope, why is the weight component sin not cos, or is it asking for the weight component actually down the slope? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is, I drew a diagram.

Look at my earlier post explaining why its sin :smile:
I don't understand the stuff about pitch, frequency and note.

in the textbook, it says that 'the pitch of a note corresponds to frequency', so it seems to me that if two things had the same pitch, then that means they have the same frequency

so how is it that for a vibrating string tuned to the same pitch as a tuning fork, it can include all sorts of overtone frequencies whereas a tuning fork would only vibrate at the fundamental frequency?
Has anyone does Jan 10 past paper? i need help on question 2 a part 3 :frown: its on moments...
Yeah but there was already another thread. Anyway

Q3 jan 09 thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MelisBaysal
Has anyone does Jan 10 past paper? i need help on question 2 a part 3 :frown: its on moments...

Taking moments about B leaves you with two other figures, one which you know (the mass) and the other which you don't (A).

The mass of the truck is he clockwise moment and A is the anticlockwise moment. That gives you;

14000*1.4 = A*2.5

A = 7840

Then because there are two springs and each will exert the same force, you simply divide your answer by two giving you 3920.
Original post by lebron_23
Taking moments about B leaves you with two other figures, one which you know (the mass) and the other which you don't (A).

The mass of the truck is he clockwise moment and A is the anticlockwise moment. That gives you;

14000*1.4 = A*2.5

A = 7840

Then because there are two springs and each will exert the same force, you simply divide your answer by two giving you 3920.

ah ok but why use 2.5 why not the distance of the rear springs to the centre of mass?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending