The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raimonduo
Hope it comes up, I love waves.

a nice juicy 6 marker on stationary waves would be ideal.
Reply 901
Original post by yorkshire.lad

Flipping hell, if that came up I think I'd die of hapiness.
Reply 902
Original post by Pirateprincess
I agree that one of the wave ones seems like the most likely option. However, it seems that this year the examiners are trying to be creative across all the boards, so thus far I have found that "expect the unexpected" is a phrase to live by (I mean, look at the six-marker for unit 1). SO... the real question is what would you least expect?

what was the unit 1?

120 ums anyone? hahahaha :smile:
Original post by yorkshire.lad

Not gonna happen. It's appeared as a six-marker twice already, so sadly, the probability of it showing up for a third time is tiny.
Reply 905
does anybody know where i can find the january 2013 mark scheme, just done the paper and cant find mark scheme anywhere
Original post by SAS18
what was the unit 1?

Differences and similarities between hadrons and leptons.
Reply 907
what is the definition for Ultimate tensile stress?

I heard its the stress needed to break a material, but when I look on some graphs, it shows the material extending after the ultimate tensile stress point is reached, how can it extend if its already broken?
Reply 908
haven't had proper sleep in 72 hours seems like its going to be an all nighter tonight too :frown: who came up with putting all three science exams one day after another? idiot.:angry:
Original post by chatty95
does anybody know where i can find the january 2013 mark scheme, just done the paper and cant find mark scheme anywhere

Search back like five pages, I saw it on here a little while ago.
Reply 910

That doesn't seem too difficult. As long as you know about the different particle families, it shouldn't of been too challenging. Nevertheless, a new question is always an intimidating one.
Original post by SAS18
haven't had proper sleep in 72 hours seems like its going to be an all nighter tonight too :frown: who came up with putting all three science exams one day after another? idiot.:angry:

I know!! I just had my chemistry, bio was yesterday, and I feel as though my mind has been wiped.
Reply 912

that is pretty weird. oh dear my other sciences have gone well so far. Really hope physics is the same!!!
Reply 913
Original post by StalkeR47
I love physics! Guys!!!!! Thumbs up if you agree with me! :smile:

whats wrong with you!
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Ooh there's a past question on this already? Didn't realise that, haven't done all the papers :s-smilie:

HAHA! There was yes! It took me dam 10 mins to find to find that question just now. :smile: It was on jan 11 Q 1bi. :smile:
That doesn't seem too difficult. As long as you know about the different particle families, it shouldn't of been too challenging. Nevertheless, a new question is always an intimidating one.

I know, I quite liked it. The only thing was, that it was completely different from the previous unit 1 6-marker questions. Just saying that it's possible they might try to pull something like that tomorrow too.
This can only go badly. I know none of it and when I get something wrong on a paper I can't understand where I've gone wrong.

I need a miracle, and I need an A.

FML.
Reply 917

same, unfortunately it came up on jan 2013 so no chance there:frown: i bet it will be on polarisation or something else i have no clue about
Original post by chatty95

I will give that! :smile:
Reply 919
I agree that one of the wave ones seems like the most likely option. However, it seems that this year the examiners are trying to be creative across all the boards, so thus far I have found that "expect the unexpected" is a phrase to live by (I mean, look at the six-marker for unit 1). SO... the real question is what would you least expect?

what would you least expect? I think it could be something to do with waves, but mechanics or young modulus could pop up again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending