The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

I thought both were fine :wink: I prefer hmm ... I would say march however, it's close to June :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Hey I have a good idea! Why doesn't someone (I will if i need to) Create a Skype Group and everyone taking this exam can join in. This way we can talk to each and other and help each other.
In fact, I am creating the group right now! Tell me your username for Skype if you are interested in joining!

P.S. It's created
Reply 122
Tell me if you guys want to join it - we only have a week left! We can discuss and help each other out
Reply 123
Original post by w0tSuhail
Tell me if you guys want to join it - we only have a week left! We can discuss and help each other out

We don't need a skype group to do that :biggrin:

Why don't we just ask questions and answer them?
Reply 124
Okay can someone quote me and write or copy and paste a list of subjects which will most likely appear in the calculator paper and the non-calculator paper?

Much thanks
you can be tested on anything in the spec, as Mr M rightly says
however, non-calculator is meant to be things like vectors, probability, enlargements, inverse and direct proprtion, angles etc
pythagoras, cumulative frequency, box plots(whiskers)
circle theorm and a bunch of other weird but easy things thrown in like for exmaple: ingredients for making things or a funny related example with distance travelled involving measures...
Original post by m4ths/maths247
Yes, I have for you.
Good luck.

Could you also send these to me please?
Reply 130
Can someone please confirm this for me.

The transformation: y= f(ax) is a stretch in the x direction parallel to the y axis with scale factor 1\a

And y = af(x) is a stretch in the y direction parallel to the x axis with scale factor a??? (Not sure about that one......)
Original post by tohaaaa
Can someone please confirm this for me.

The transformation: y= f(ax) is a stretch in the x direction parallel to the y axis with scale factor 1\a

And y = af(x) is a stretch in the y direction parallel to the x axis with scale factor a??? (Not sure about that one......)

Not sure how you are using 'parallel' here

y= f(ax) is a stretch in the x direction with scale factor 1\a (multiply x values by 1/a)

y = af(x) is a stretch in the y direction with scale factor a (multiply y values by a)
Reply 132
Original post by gdunne42
Not sure how you are using 'parallel' here

y= f(ax) is a stretch in the x direction with scale factor 1\a (multiply x values by 1/a)

y = af(x) is a stretch in the y direction with scale factor a (multiply y values by a)

Ok thanks :smile: That clears things up!
Hey!

I'm taking the higher paper on Monday 11th June and 14th June and was just wondering what people think may come up the most, and what they're most not looking forward to! I'm also wondering what everyones opinion is on the grade boundaries - like, what will they be? (Although I know you can't tell) but yeah, a guess may be helpful! This is for the Edexcel paper!
(edited 10 years ago)
It could be anything we have learnt these past two years... Normally, after the first exam, MathsWatch GCSE give out the list of topics that are most likely to come up in the second exam, because they didn't come up in the first exam. & Grade boundaries could go up or go down, depend how hard the exam is and how people do. They dropped quite a bit for the Nov exam. in June 2012, it was 129 for an A, and in Nov 2012, it was 119, because it was a harder exam. So who knows.
Reply 135
I'm glad this thread has been made - I wa starting to panic.

I have one question, and it's about trig. I can remember SOHCAHTOA easily and know how to use it, but theres just one thing I can get my head around - how to you know whether to divide or times? It is x=cos48 x 20 or x=cos48/20? It seems to change alot? Is there a specific way of remembering it?

I hope that made sense, its the one thing I'm stuck on.....
When you're finding a side, you would do cos48 x 20, when you find an angle, you would do cos inverse 24/13 for example. hope it helps..
Reply 137
Is this thread for Edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
Original post by issie1234
I'm glad this thread has been made - I wa starting to panic.

I have one question, and it's about trig. I can remember SOHCAHTOA easily and know how to use it, but theres just one thing I can get my head around - how to you know whether to divide or times? It is x=cos48 x 20 or x=cos48/20? It seems to change alot? Is there a specific way of remembering it?

I hope that made sense, its the one thing I'm stuck on.....

Depends on the situation?

Look at the formula, it does not change :s-smilie:

What does the question look like?
Reply 139
Original post by FrancisSin
Hey!

I'm taking the higher paper on Monday 11th June and 14th June and was just wondering what people think may come up the most, and what they're most not looking forward to! I'm also wondering what everyones opinion is on the grade boundaries - like, what will they be? (Although I know you can't tell) but yeah, a guess may be helpful!

Boundaries , I think, will be less than in Jan. More people sitting it as well as it, hopefully, being harder :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending