The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
what have u guys got on 4d. I think there were more than 30 boxes under the curve
Original post by StalkeR47
I am quiet certain yes! They paper had some tricky questions and many people did not do really well. An easier paper than this was a previous papers and it was around 48-50 for an A. so, this one should be lower to 44-46 for an A. :wink:

If this is what is for an A I would be soo happy :biggrin: How's INFO2 revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tronyeu
what have u guys got on 4d. I think there were more than 30 boxes under the curve

It was around 40/41 boxes. And the answer was 1.0J. I made a nasty mistake and got 3J. But, I still got 2/3 marks.
Original post by Jimmy20002012
If this is what is for an A I would be soo happy :biggrin: How's INFO2 revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Do not worry, you got an A I am sure. I am just revising Info 2 right now. :smile: WBU?
Yeah. Do not worry, you got an A I am sure. I am just revising Info 2 right now. :smile: WBU?

Just going over everything now, just need to go over all that legislation and cultural, ethical stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yoo stalker, how much you think for 120 UMS?
Reply 1986
Yep! around 44-46/70 for an A. :smile:

That's good- I think I've got 50 give or take a mark or two :smile:
Original post by Jimmy20002012
Just going over everything now, just need to go over all that legislation and cultural, ethical stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ICT is not tricky at all is it? :smile: HAHA. It is just more memorising content and that is it really.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by masryboy94
yoo stalker, how much you think for 120 UMS?

Amm.. maybe around 62 marks. What do you think you got in the paper? (marks)?
Original post by Abbseh
That's good- I think I've got 50 give or take a mark or two :smile:

Well done there! :biggrin:
I think 120ums will be lower than past years, there were some tricky questions in there. I'm going for 59/70.

You heard it here first!
Amm.. maybe around 62 marks. What do you think you got in the paper? (marks)?

hoping for 62-65/70 ... well i thought june 2012 paper was definitely easier than this one, and to get 120 ums you needed 60 or above, so im guessing it will be around 58-59 tbh
Yep! around 44-46/70 for an A. :smile:

Doubt this. Sorry! See my previous post with the averages in it. Roughly 51-52 on average for an A, and never that low :smile:
Original post by masryboy94
hoping for 62-65/70 ... well i thought june 2012 paper was definitely easier than this one, and to get 120 ums you needed 60 or above, so im guessing it will be around 58-59 tbh

Oh wow! I think I got around above 57 marks. Not happy with myself at all :frown:. Was expecting full ums but I know I am not going to get full ums now. :frown: However, I think I got around 66/70 in unit 1. :smile: Hope you get full UMS brother!
Reply 1994
Well done there! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: I botched some questions but made up for them in others! How do you think you did?
Original post by navyspaces
Doubt this. Sorry! See my previous post with the averages in it. Roughly 51-52 on average for an A, and never that low :smile:

Have you done all the past papers and checked the grade boundary carefully? I remember 2 of the past papers I did had 42/70 for an A. Am I right?
Original post by Abbseh
Thank you :smile: I botched some questions but made up for them in others! How do you think you did?

HAHA. Not happy with myself at all. :frown: Think I got above 57 marks which is not a full UMS I doubt.
Have you done all the past papers and checked the grade boundary carefully? I remember 2 of the past papers I did had 42/70 for an A. Am I right?

Yes, back to 2002! :smile: I'm afraid that's more like the the average for the C/B boundary. See my post on page 96, where I listed the raw marks needed for A, A* and full UMS for each exam on the new spec. :smile:
HAHA. Not happy with myself at all. :frown: Think I got above 57 marks which is not a full UMS I doubt.

Don't take it too hard, we sometimes do better than we thought. 57 is probably around 110-115 UMS which is pretty good.

I take it you're looking at Cambridge if you want the UMS?
Original post by navyspaces
Yes, back to 2002! :smile: I'm afraid that's more like the the average for the C/B boundary. See my post on page 96, where I listed the raw marks needed for A, A* and full UMS for each exam on the new spec. :smile:

can't find it, can you send us a link to your post?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending