Reply 2200
Original post by Qari
Last year I chose subjects that weren't my strong point, except maths

so I'm redoing year 12 but I'm doing A2 Maths
I need 97 UMS in M1 & C4 to get A overall
Ouch, well good luck to you then :smile:
Original post by Qari
I am. how about you?

Hopefully :smile: Apparently it gets ridiculously hard. But that's what they said for AS, so I don't believe it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StalkeR47
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me ME Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me :smile::biggrin:

I knew you were :wink:
No doubt about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I knew you were :wink:
No doubt about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAHA. I actually like physics a lot. And yeah, I am looking forward to do astronomy at the University and so I will choose astrophysics as my A2 option. :smile:
Reply 2204
Hopefully :smile: Apparently it gets ridiculously hard. But that's what they said for AS, so I don't believe it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive just been looking at the specification for A2 and it does look much harder but thats just from a glance
HAHA. I actually like physics a lot. And yeah, I am looking forward to do astronomy at the University and so I will choose astrophysics as my A2 option. :smile:

That sounds awesome.
Have always been interested in astronomy, but my real passion lies with Chemistry xD
You can choose modules?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2206

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm always up for a challenge :smile:
Reply 2207

I want to do mechanical, wonder if they'll let us choose
That sounds awesome.
Have always been interested in astronomy, but my real passion lies with Chemistry xD
You can choose modules?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

In physics yes. 1 is astrophysics (lovely!) and the other option is radioactivity (radiographer would be the career in physics then). :smile:
Reply 2209
Original post by Jones96
Ouch, well good luck to you then :smile:

Thanks, and are you doing further maths?
Reply 2210
Original post by Qari
Yeah i think i'll be choosing mechanical too
Original post by Qari

You will do mechanics in A2 physics anyway. So, these 2 are just choices. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

im doing A2, and when i tell you phya4 is HARD, i mean HARD, phya2 is a flick of phya4, phya5 is okay like you said you have a compulsory chapter (thermal and nuclear physics) and then 4 options ( i chose option b MEDICAL PHYSICS), i like it, but no phya4 is literally disgusting !!!!!!! so i seriously advice you lot to start revision for phya4 as soon as you start the new academic year, dont get complacent with phya4, its on a different level seriously !!! people in my year who got 280 and above out of 300 in AS, got D's in phya4. do not underestimate it seriously !!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2213
Original post by Qari
Thanks, and are you doing further maths?

Yeah i do maths, further maths, physics, chemistry
Reply 2214
Original post by Jones96
Yeah i do maths, further maths, physics, chemistry

good luck,
I'm too lazy to choose further maths :smile:
Original post by Jones96
Ive just been looking at the specification for A2 and it does look much harder but thats just from a glance

It does, but I said that about AS physics at the end of GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2216
You will do mechanics in A2 physics anyway. So, these 2 are just choices. :smile:

what choices are there?
and I'm hoping my teachers will let me choose my optional ones
Reply 2217
Original post by Qari
good luck,
I'm too lazy to choose further maths :smile:
I'd rather it than maths, more interesting subject
Original post by masryboy94
im doing A2, and when i tell you phya4 is HARD, i mean HARD, phya2 is a flick of phya4, phya5 is okay like you said you have a compulsory chapter (thermal and nuclear physics) and then 4 options ( i chose option b MEDICAL PHYSICS), i like it, but no phya4 is literally disgusting !!!!!!! so i seriously advice you lot to start revision for phya4 as soon as you start the new academic year, dont get complacent with phya4, its on a different level seriously !!! people in my year who got 280 and above out of 300 in AS, got D's in phya4. do not underestimate it seriously !!

Oh crap. Fun times ahead, I guess :biggrin:
What does PHYA4 consist of?
Out of interest, what are the other optional options?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qari
what choices are there?
and I'm hoping my teachers will let me choose my optional ones

For AQA, there are 2 choices. Astrophysics and radioactivity physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending