The Student Room Group

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arminb
guys this is an e-petition to stop scrapping January exams, it has already got 10 000 signature.Sign it:
https://submissions.epetitions.direc...etitions/41702

Hi! I have already done it before. And, since it has 10k now, it is going to stop the scrapping of jan exams?
Original post by Qari
A grade starts from 96 UMS

Alright! Thank you! :smile:
Reply 2242
Can anyone remember how try worked out the % efficiency question on that paper ?
Original post by Jbay2902
Can anyone remember how try worked out the % efficiency question on that paper ?

I can not remember. Sorry. Did you get it right btw?
Reply 2244
Original post by StalkeR47
Hi! I have already done it before. And, since it has 10k now, it is going to stop the scrapping of jan exams?

no,"
if it gets at least 100',000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in the House of Commons.
Original post by arminb
no,"
if it gets at least 100',000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in the House of Commons.

Do not you think that 100,000 is kind of impossible?
Reply 2246
I can not remember. Sorry. Did you get it right btw?

Im not sure, what was the answer ?
Im not sure, what was the answer ?

Answer was 22.2% t 3 s.f.
Reply 2248
Do not you think that 100,000 is kind of impossible?

no probably it is possible as most students are quite pissed by that.Apart from that, it shouldnt stop us trying for it, should it?
Original post by arminb
no probably it is possible as most students are quite pissed by that.Apart from that, it shouldnt stop us trying for it, should it?

Yep! Do you think it is a good idea to actually make a thread about this and post this e-petition website in the thread? I am sure many people will come. :smile: Actually, you make a thread on TSR I am going to post this on yahoo answers. What do you think? :smile:
Reply 2250
Answer was 22.2% t 3 s.f.

Yeah that's what I got !!!!!

For some reason I divided the total Graviational potential energy by 55 (because it took 55 second) then divided that by 320KN then it came out with 22.2% ?

thats how I got it
Yeah that's what I got !!!!!

For some reason I divided the total Graviational potential energy by 55 (because it took 55 second) then divided that by 320KN then it came out with 22.2% ?

thats how I got it

Yep! You got 3/3 marks then. :smile:
Reply 2252
Yep! You got 3/3 marks then. :smile:

Thank god haha ! I left that question right until the end and came off lucky I guess:smile:
Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, I think I've either got 51 (pessimistic) or 55 (optimistic). How many UMS could both of the marks be, respectively?
Reply 2254
Yep! Do you think it is a good idea to actually make a thread about this and post this e-petition website in the thread? I am sure many people will come. :smile: Actually, you make a thread on TSR I am going to post this on yahoo answers. What do you think? :smile:

id say the best way is just to copy paste it on different threads and encourage others to do so, this way more people will see it and ,of course, also let other people know in other websites of you can which could be helpful. I think there already is a thread on this anyways.
Reply 2255
Original post by 123456789012
Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, I think I've either got 51 (pessimistic) or 55 (optimistic). How many UMS could both of the marks be, respectively?

98 and 107 possibly
Do you lose marks for significant figures in this exam?
Original post by arminb
id say the best way is just to copy paste it on different threads and encourage others to do so, this way more people will see it and ,of course, also let other people know in other websites of you can which could be helpful. I think there already is a thread on this anyways.

Alright thanks!
Original post by .raiden.
98 and 107 possibly

Thanks!

Well you had the useful energy from the part before,

So I took the power it gave you in the question (320kW?) and multiplied that by the time 55s so you'd have the energy supplied in that time

Efficiency is useful/total * 100

I got 22% (2sf)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending