The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7880
Original post by doggyfizzel
There is no requirement for a English manager. If you are going to run with that how far are you going to push it? Are we allowed foreign staff, foreign assistants, what about a foreign kit manufacturer or foreign boots?

The line is drawn at players(roughly), its simple as that.

Ideally you'd have all of those things you've listed from your own country.

For example Germany have Adidas kits, Italy have Puma kits, USA have Nike kits and England until recently had Umbro kits.

But that's not absolutely necessary because those things are just for appearance and don't affect the performance of your team.

You draw the line at the players and the manager because they affect the performance of the team.
Reply 7881
Original post by jam277
Harry redknapp? The guy with one trophy after 28 years of management which he should be stripped off anyway? How many quad vods did you have.

He is the best English manager so he should be England manager.
Reply 7882
Original post by little_wizard123
So even if a foreign manager was better, you'd prefer an English one? Why?

Yes.

Messi is better than Rooney so shall we put Messi in our team?
Original post by TRS-T

For example Germany have Adidas kits, Italy have Puma kits, USA have Nike kits and England until recently had Umbro kits.

But that's not absolutely necessary because those things are just for appearance and don't affect the performance of your team.

You draw the line at the players and the manager because they affect the performance of the team.

Puma's german mate
Original post by TRS-T
He is the best English manager so he should be England manager.

Tell me where in the rules has that been said that an english manager should be england manager?
Wait is that nowhere.
There we go a claim founded on absolute nonsense.
Reply 7885
Original post by TRS-T
Yes.

If Messi was eligible for England then yes, of course :lolwut:
Original post by TRS-T
Yes.

I don't know how to answer this point... it makes no sense.

So what about English clubs? Should they only have English managers? What about fans?

The very simple point is this: any sane person would want the better manager. They are more likely to be successful. They are stronger tactically and know more about the game. There's nothing in the rules, so why would you want to worsen England's chances? Sounds anti-English to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TRS-T

Okay and keep naming countries, beyond the obvious. Honduras have to find their own kit and boot manufacturers? The fact you've needed to name the US so how silly that policy is, what about Spain or Brazil.

So addition staff such as, nutritionists and physios, kit such as boots and strips don't affect the performance of a team? Of course they do unless you think we just add extra staff for fun or decided the current football boot designs out of chance.

You draw the line at players because that is what the rules say. That is how we play the game, by the rules.
Funnily enough the people will then complain about our team saying they're not good enough, we don't have a good enough manager managing our team etc. will complain about our style of play, will complain about ****ing everything swear down international football brings the idiots, someone tried to tell me that hodgson is a better manager than capello e.g. A guy with a CL title and a league title in every league he's managed is somehow inferior to a guy with a UEFA cup final to his name with an underachieving inter side... he's a decent manager don't get me wrong and the best english manager we could get atm but come on there are better foreign options out there.
Reply 7889
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Puma's german mate

Are they?

Thought they were Italian my bad.
Reply 7890
Original post by jam277
Tell me where in the rules has that been said that an english manager should be england manager?
Wait is that nowhere.
There we go a claim founded on absolute nonsense.

It's not in the rules but it should be.
Reply 7891
Original post by The Rusty Spork
If Messi was eligible for England then yes, of course :lolwut:

If he was English yes, but he's not English so no.

Same as with Mourinho.
Reply 7892
Original post by TRS-T
If he was English yes, but he's not English so no.

Same as with Mourinho.

Do you understand that Mourinho is eligible to manage England though?
Reply 7893
Original post by little_wizard123
I don't know how to answer this point... it makes no sense.

So what about English clubs? Should they only have English managers? What about fans?

The very simple point is this: any sane person would want the better manager. They are more likely to be successful. They are stronger tactically and know more about the game. There's nothing in the rules, so why would you want to worsen England's chances? Sounds anti-English to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who said anything about club football?

Do English clubs only field English players? No. So it does not matter if the manager is not English.

England national team only fields English players so the manager should be English as well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TRS-T
It's not in the rules but it should be.

But you completely ignore doggyfizzels point, we should therefore stop manufacturing of all teams kits, foreign coaches, foreign physios and foreign staff related in general. Should I really go on here? Where do we draw the line?

Although you'll just say this statement again anyway...
Reply 7895
Original post by doggyfizzel
Okay and keep naming countries, beyond the obvious. Honduras have to find their own kit and boot manufacturers? The fact you've needed to name the US so how silly that policy is, what about Spain or Brazil.

So addition staff such as, nutritionists and physios, kit such as boots and strips don't affect the performance of a team? Of course they do unless you think we just add extra staff for fun or decided the current football boot designs out of chance.

You draw the line at players because that is what the rules say. That is how we play the game, by the rules.

Not really.

No one hails the nutritionists and physios as the reason for success or failure.

No one even knows who they are.

It's the manager and players who are key.
Reply 7896
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Do you understand that Mourinho is eligible to manage England though?

Yes and I understand that he is eligible to manage Spain.

It would never happen though.

Why do you think that is?
Reply 7897
Original post by TRS-T
Not really.

No one hails the nutritionists and physios as the reason for success or failure.

Manchester United play one year with no phyios or nutritionists. The second year they play using them. Watch the difference in performance levels and then tell me that they aren't key.

Just because the media etc doesn't hail them doesn't mean they aren't key between success or failure.
Reply 7898
Original post by TRS-T
Yes and I understand that he is eligible to manage Spain.

It would never happen though.

Why do you think that is?

Because Spain have decent managers and coaches, added to this Spain and Portugal are massive rivals. The same way a German would never be allowed to manage England.
Original post by TRS-T
Not really.

No one knows the names of the engine designers at F1 team it doesn't mean their contributions are not the reason for failure and success, their prominence on match day says nothing to their importance in performance. You are effectively saying the difference between performance in the professional age compared to the amateur age is nothing.

Latest