The Student Room Group

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by SaloniShah
That seems pretty low, don't you think?

Thats still 83/84 marks per paper to be safe, which is (I think) still very high. But I really want an A* in this but I make a ridiculous number of silly mistakes, I really just check through my work at the end
Reply 241
Original post by w0tSuhail
Everyone lets keep this topic going!
Reply quicker guys! The exam is in 2 days timeish

Answer these questions of mine:
What grade are you aiming for? What will you most likely get?
What are you revising on the most?

A*, will probably end up with an A but it depends on the difficulty of the last few questions.
Revised every topic. I can do everything, but it's about remembering the rules which I sometimes slip up on. I seem to be better at Algebra and Statistics than Numbers and Geometry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Voovist
A*, will probably end up with an A but it depends on the difficulty of the last few questions.
Revised every topic. I can do everything, but it's about remembering the rules which I sometimes slip up on. I seem to be better at Algebra and Statistics than Numbers and Geometry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same! :cool:
Reply 243
Original post by Voovist
Is this thread for Edexcel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
Original post by m4ths/maths247
I never like to predict what is going to be on the paper.
I appreciate students like to know though!

With my pupils sitting them exam I am going to find what I believe are 100 of the more challenging A and A* questions and get them to see how many they can get and email me the answers.

Revision should be suited to you whether that is past papers, books, study groups, parental/teacher support, videos or a chat forum.

I would say though there is a difference between revision and needing to learn a topic and from experience some students could spend more time grasping the understanding of a topic (or two) instead of just hoping they get the past paper question right or it doesn't come up!

I am up to 2 questions out of the 100 so far and will write some nasty ones:devil::devil::devil: to really push the A/A* students.

could you please send me the hard questions through tsr pm?
I'm so nervous
:/
Reply 246
I just wanna get into the exam and get it over with lol! Then come home and focus on more calculator based topics.
I wish I could just go and do them both on the same day. Its the fact I have to go twice.

I am a little older and have to go into a school hall with school children (not that there is anything wrong with school children, i was once one) but feeling a little nervous about that more then anything
Original post by emah123
could you please send me the hard questions through tsr pm?

Please can you send it to me as well on private message.
Reply 249
what is the zigzag paper everyone is talking about?
Reply 250
Screen Shot 2013-06-10 at 14.49.18.png

URGENT!!
Would appreciate if you would all do this and tell me what you get??
Ooor, if you think the time is 10mins like this post. If you get 20mins for the time, tell me how u got it??

Thank you...
I got 10 minutes because she stopped at 9:30 to 9:40
Reply 252
Original post by Baking goddess
I got 10 minutes because she stopped at 9:30 to 9:40

O K, I got 10 as well. However, the MS says the answer is 20mins? Really confused
Original post by organism
O K, I got 10 as well. However, the MS says the answer is 20mins? Really confused

Really, mmm I've tried but my answer is always 10 :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 254
I also got 10, but maybe the answer is counting the 10 minutes stop from the start at 9.00 as well?

Don't think there is any other way to explain it! :s-smilie:
Reply 255
Original post by amyyalice
I also got 10, but maybe the answer is counting the 10 minutes stop from the start at 9.00 as well?

Don't think there is any other way to explain it! :s-smilie:

Yeah I think you're right. The question is a bit dodgy though... Mock papers are always funny en mi opinion.
Reply 256
Is it hard to get a grade B guys?
I can answer the first 5-6 pages then I struggle.
How many marks would I need?
Original post by AM1R
Is it hard to get a grade B guys?
I can answer the first 5-6 pages then I struggle.
How many marks would I need?

100/200 to get low B
You'd want to get 110/200 - 55 on each paper to make sure you get B though.
Reply 258
can someone send me the questions it would really help me?
Original post by w0tSuhail
Hate to be a pain but could I also please have them? I would deeply appreciate it.

Could I also have some questions too just in case I have time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending