The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by bmpink
115 isn't bad! I need about 83% if I didn't go up in my F321 retake, but I genuinely have no idea how it went because it's so much easier than A2 I feel like I have nothing to gage it on! Good luck! If you need any more help ask me because I need the practice!!

Ah I see, I know what you mean.. i resat F321 in January and went from 69/90 to 86/90 it is not even comparable to what we're going to face on Wednesday is it!
Thank you :smile: I will :P
An unusual compound of iron has been detected on the surface of the planet Mars. This compound contains the ferrate(VI) ion.
A student uses 1.00 g of iron(III) oxide and makes, on crystallisation, 0.450 g of sodium ferrate(VI), Na2FeO4.
Calculate the percentage yield, by mass, of sodium ferrate(VI).

how did they get the mass of Sodium ferrate as 2.08g ? thanks
anyone here got jan 13 ms
Reply 2003
Original post by needtosucceed=)
no idea im afraid :/ in the specification it states only for monoprotic acids :/
it seems like a reasonable thing to do if it does come up :smile:

You got the first post of page 100
Lucky.
Original post by bmpink
115 isn't bad! I need about 83% if I didn't go up in my F321 retake, but I genuinely have no idea how it went because it's so much easier than A2 I feel like I have nothing to gage it on! Good luck! If you need any more help ask me because I need the practice!!

bmpink, please could you help me with a question that I have posted on the previous page (I think or page before)?
Original post by otrivine
An unusual compound of iron has been detected on the surface of the planet Mars. This compound contains the ferrate(VI) ion.
A student uses 1.00 g of iron(III) oxide and makes, on crystallisation, 0.450 g of sodium ferrate(VI), Na2FeO4.
Calculate the percentage yield, by mass, of sodium ferrate(VI).

how did they get the mass of Sodium ferrate as 2.08g ? thanks

Fe2O3 > 2NaFeO4

so you find the moles of Fe2O3, multiply by 2 for the moles of NaFeO4 then multiply by Mr for the mass
they put 1 ?

Yes that makes sense actually. 1 mole to 1 mole. Stoichiometry is equal.
Original post by F Hopeful
Fe2O3 > 2NaFeO4

so you find the moles of Fe2O3, multiply by 2 for the moles of NaFeO4 then multiply by Mr for the mass

can you show me please
Original post by _HabibaH_
Yes that makes sense actually. 1 mole to 1 mole. Stoichiometry is equal.

is it because of the mole ratio
can you show me please

you find the Mr of Fe in Fe2O3 which is 159.6

n(Fe2O3) = mass/mr

1/159.6= 0.006266 mol

what I did then was set up an equation for the reaction so

Fe2O3 + 4Na + 5H2O----> 2Na2FeO4 + 5H2

the ratio of Fe2O3 to Na2FeO4 is 1:2 so moles of Na2FeO4 = 2x0.006266 = 0.012532

mass of Na2FeO3= moles x mr = 0.012532x165.8= 2.08g

:smile:
is it because of the mole ratio

Yep. Is there anything you found hard cuz you know A LOT so anything you think is worth looking at, would help everyone I think.
Original post by Namod
You got the first post of page 100
Lucky.

OMG really.
i'm a don :')
Reply 2012
Hey all just a small question, when drawing out complex ions in 3d form whats the best way to show it being a dative bond without it looking messy?
because i see that they sometimes dont even draw arrows showing its dative?

Cheers
Original post by _HabibaH_
Yep. Is there anything you found hard cuz you know A LOT so anything you think is worth looking at, would help everyone I think.

Sorry I just keep getting panicked when exam is getting closer :tongue:
Sorry I just keep getting panicked when exam is getting closer :tongue:

Same lol. When I'm not panicking, i'm wasting time thinking of how much I'm panicking.
Original post by Tidius
Hey all just a small question, when drawing out complex ions in 3d form whats the best way to show it being a dative bond without it looking messy?
because i see that they sometimes dont even draw arrows showing its dative?

Cheers

You don't need to show it's dative, just make sure it's 3D structure is clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2016
Quick question, do we have to cover Kp?
The cell represented below was set up under standard conditions.
Pt|Fe2+(aq), Fe3+(aq)||Tl3+(aq),Tl+(aq)|Pt Cell e.m.f. = + 0.48 V
(i) Deduce the standard electrode potential for the following half-reaction.
Tl3+(aq) + 2e– Tl+(aq)
...........................................................................................................................

how?
Reply 2018
Also when calculating entropy ^S and there are two moles of either a reactant or product as a pose to one, do we then times the number in the table by two, or not?
Reply 2019
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Resitting this paper, everything just went wrong in January :frown:

Exactly happened with me in my other exams I got an A and B comes F325 i landed myself an E was gutted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending