ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
Original post by scorpio22
i meant 2013 january ...

1ii

welcome back to reality
Original post by MedMed12
what do you mean went down? had you sat the paper before this Jan?
hopefully we'll be OK. Guessing you need an A for chemchem?

Yes I'm on a gap year, resitting. I managed the A in biology 4 & 5 but went down from B grades in chem 4 & 5 - so I'm taking them AGAAAAIN for an A.
Original post by bmpink
The position of equilibrium changes because the concentrations of the reactants change, because if there's more on one side and less on the other... ! Sorry yes it does, force of habit! My teacher ALWAYS wrote it like that haha.

Ah right - thanks!
Original post by kevloui
Ok let me warm you guys up..

Construct the equation for the oxidation of acidified iron(II) ions by oxygen

4Fe2+ + 4H+ + O2 ----> 4Fe3+ + 2h2o
Reply 2644
Original post by otrivine
4Fe2+ + 4H+ + O2 ----> 4Fe3+ + 2h2o

Yep;
What do you understand by the term bidentate ligand?
Original post by Myocardium
Do we need to know the half equations for hydrogen oxygen fuel alkaline cells?

They gave it in the table didn't they? The important thing is to pick according to the conditions - I overlooked it though it was written clearly in bold.
Original post by _HabibaH_
Yes I'm on a gap year, resitting. I managed the A in biology 4 & 5 but went down from B grades in chem 4 & 5 - so I'm taking them AGAAAAIN for an A.

What grade did you get for chem 4 and 5 first time round if you don't mind me asking? :smile: Was it a really difficult paper?
Reply 2647
Original post by kevloui
Yep;

wait wait wait what was answer to the other question the one about describe a test.....
Reply 2648
Original post by bmpink
4 moles of iron!? Where?! But do you just balance the four with 4Fe2+ and 4Fe3+?

Yes it's because you first write the 2 half equations:
Fe2+ ----> Fe3+ + e-
O2+ 4H+ + 4e- ----> 2H2O and then do the full equation
In platin, what is the coordination number
Original post by kevloui
Yep;

A molecule or ion that can donate 2 lone pair of electrons to a transition metal ion forming 2 coordinate bonds
Reply 2651
Original post by kevloui
Yep;

A bidentate ligand, is an ion/molecule that can donate two pair of electrons to a central metal ion forming TWO coordinate bonds.

How is a buffer solution created and explain how it minimises changes to pH.
Original post by AFC_123456789
In platin, what is the coordination number

4 coordinate bonds
Reply 2653
Original post by kuku2013
wait wait wait what was answer to the other question the one about describe a test.....

lol I wouldn't worry too much about it, but there's no reason why it wouldn't be a 1 marker:
Add (aqueous) sodium hydroxide which will give a brown/rusty ppt
Original post by _HabibaH_
They gave it in the table didn't they? The important thing is to pick according to the conditions - I overlooked it though it was written clearly in bold.

Haha they always throw in a dodgy equation in those tables to throw us off, like those ones where two similar half eqs have the same species, and only when you are halfway through merging two equations together you realize that you overlooked the other one -_-
Reply 2655
Original post by rival_
In the mark scheme where does the "40" come from when working out conc^ in g dm^-3

this :frown:
Reply 2656
Original post by kevloui
niiiiiiceee; although its 4 moles of the iron, but nonetheless..
Describe a test to show the presence of iron(III) ions in a solution of FeSO4.7H2O.

Do you add NaOH to it to get a brown ppt?
Reply 2657
Original post by otrivine
A molecule or ion that can donate 2 lone pair of electrons to a transition metal ion forming 2 coordinate bonds

Original post by liam627
A bidentate ligand, is an ion/molecule that can donate two pair of electrons to a central metal ion forming TWO coordinate bonds.

How is a buffer solution created and explain how it minimises changes to pH.

Yup, Explain why the H—O—H bond angle in the water ligand is 107° rather than 104.5°.
Original post by bmpink
Haha i've found it! For the Zn half cell, you need 2 electrons to balance the charge, and bottom you need 2Cr2+ to balance the 2 cr on the left, 7h2o on right to balance the O7 in the dichromate and 14H+ on the left to balance the 7x2 H's on the right! :smile:

Thank you; do you have any general tips on how to approach these?

I find them weird aha
Reply 2659
Original post by Dr00n
Do you add NaOH to it to get a brown ppt?

spot on lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending