The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

This exam was solid, The rate of reaction question was harder than usual, the equilibrium question went down by a dodgy factor (1.7x10-3) I got , I found the ph to be the easiest which shows how hard the exam was, didn't get reactions for transition metals judging by posts, but surely you get the marks for the correct reaction. Last question I turned mass into moles that's about it so 1 or 2 / 7 , hopefully get 100ums or a little more / 150 :eek:
Reply 3741
Original post by Better
So fxcking annoying its unrreal.

Hey man how did u find it :smile:
Original post by Better
So fxcking annoying its unrreal.
I got 4.99 for ph of buffer :s-smilie:
Hardest paper I've ever done
Reply 3744
Hi guys. This paper was an average one I thought.

For the one where there was an increased concentration of H2-

I think the concentration(or was it moles) of H2 will be more
The concentration of I2 will be less
and the conentration of HI will be more

This is because it MINIMISES changes.

For the question on iron and zinc, the first one was a redox, the 2nd was ligand subs.

I didnt get the one where the ferrate ion was produced.
Original post by TheRealStevo
This exam was solid, The rate of reaction question was harder than usual, the equilibrium question went down by a dodgy factor (1.7x10-3) I got , I found the ph to be the easiest which shows how hard the exam was, didn't get reactions for transition metals judging by posts, but surely you get the marks for the correct reaction. Last question I turned mass into moles that's about it so 1 or 2 / 7 , hopefully get 100ums or a little more / 150 :eek:

Hoping for 105/150!!!!

I also just did the mass to moles bit lmao, so annoyed :angry:
Reply 3746
Original post by PythianLegume
2Al + 6CH3COOH --> 2(CH3COO)3Al + 3H2

Wait Al was 3+ arghhh
what did everyone get for gibbs!
what was the concentration of the HCl and HClO?
Original post by eggfriedrice
I said it would halve but I'm probably wrong ):

The answer is it stays the same
Just putting this out there...

Please no one take their life or do something else stupid. 'Tis not worth it. Everyone seems pretty upset, for good reason obv.
Original post by Benjy100
what was the concentration of the HCl and HClO?

0.14 moldm-3 it was a given in the q
Original post by Better
Wait Al was 3+ arghhh

As al is in group 3 that must mean it is 3+ charge
Reply 3753
Original post by Gulzar
Hey man how did u find it :smile:

Don't think I got lower than 80, but I was AQA for AS-Level Chemistry so I didn't even know what Water of Crystalissation was, I don't think I lost too many marks on any questions before maybe maximum like 12 but that's pushing it.

So assuming I just dropped 7 marks on the very last question think I'm still above 80.
What is aluminium/ zinc powder even.. Thats what threw me off. There goes my a..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1

i got the write equations but used al2+ ughhh
Reply 3756
Original post by MathsNerd1

Facepalm.

Oh well, did high enough for an A. Not sure about the A*, I will still try to get a high score on Chem 4 next week.

Really pray those boundaries help me out.

Meh, time to get some A*s in C3/C4 and Phys 5 and 4.

Maths and Phys are no where near as confusing as Chemistry. You can pretty much derive everything from the Datasheet.
Reply 3757
fir the gibbs free energy won't get all the marks because i all the methods correctly but instead of th e-256 they gave us used the standards entropy change of glucose which was -474. :frown:
How was it guys? I think revision with you people HELPED! I thought it went pretty well.
Reply 3759
Could some one please do an unofficial markscheme. Because i want to know what I actually got right. By the looks of other people's answer I got most of it wrong. Want to prepare myself for results say so I'm not actually surprised when I get and E.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending