The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kat12395
I got half way through this paper and realised I had little time left (around the photosynthesis part:s) so rushed through the rest... I'm really worried; a lot of my reaction stuff seems wrong and I didn't answer the photosynth question or the last one (nine marks worth of stuff)

Exactly the same, didn't have enough to go back and check the other stuff either :frown:
Original post by skyblue5
I feel your pain. Kissed med school goodbye :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely kissed it goodbye 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3822
i have a feeling the grade boundries will be high. the average for the past exams of f325 is coming out as 72/100 so probably higher than that for this year.:mad:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Adanksi
What did people put for the last part of the 1st question asking why h20 was zero order?
doesn't affect the rate , and changes in conc will not effect rate so therefore its 0
Who got NiSO4.7H2O?
Reply 3825
Original post by chignesh10
anyone think this was harder than Jan 2013?

Not at all. January required a Deeper understanding of Chemistry.

This paper may only be low boundaries because of the last question, and maybe 5/6 marks only the top students will get.

But Jan 13 was over-all a harder paper.

Just wish I was told about Water of Crystallisation before hand then it would have been a 90% + range paper. Oh well.
Original post by Better
Lol.

That's fine then, should definitely get an A. There were way too many easy questions though, so I think the Boundaries will probably be higher.

Meh I'm alright with that then. I might still be able to get an A* if it was that low.

what did u get for gibbs!?
Original post by s.shahid
i have a feeling the grade boundries will be high. the average for the past exams of f325 is coming out as 72/100 so probably higher than that for this year.:mad:

the hardest paper i have ever done man, cant be over 70
Reply 3828
Does anyone remember how many marks the Aluminium full and ionic equations were out of? I had no idea that it was al3+ unfortunately.

Overall, much much harder than jan 2013, and than any of the others. I made a mess of the rate and k, and quite a few other things. Really hope its below 80 again for an A*
Reply 3829
Original post by keepontrying
what did u get for gibbs!?

I really cannot remember. Once I got to Q7 everything went black.

I entered the abyss of my mind, and in a brief moment the universe was non-existent.

Chem 5 was like a dream, but it was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space,
Rayless, and pathless, and the icy earth
Swung blind and blackening in the moonless air;
Morn came and went—and came, and brought no day,
And men forgot their passions in the dread
Of this their desolation; and all hearts

Oh woe is me.
Reply 3830
Original post by Better
Not at all. January required a Deeper understanding of Chemistry.

This paper may only be low boundaries because of the last question, and maybe 5/6 marks only the top students will get.

But Jan 13 was over-all a harder paper.

Just wish I was told about Water of Crystallisation before hand then it would have been a 90% + range paper. Oh well.

I think most people wouldn't have got the half equation question with the Cl2 etc. when in acid and alkali conditions.
Original post by emah123
did anyone else not even attempt the last 7 mark q?

Me LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JimmyA*
Hopefully we get 3 out of 5 :smile:

it was worth 6, the buffer pH question

I think I may have got the answer, not sure though :smile:
I'm sure that paper was harder than jan 2013 (and the rest)
really hoping 70 for an A, or maybe just a couple of marks over it..

the equations were hard, rate was harder than usual, last question was clueless about, few 1-2 markers were tricky.
Original post by keepontrying
what did everyone put about what would happen to the half life if initial conc is doubled?

It was a first order reactant and the concentration of a first order reactant is independent of the half life (since the half life is constant no matter what the concentration), therefore there is no effect on the half life by doubling the concentration :smile:
Original post by Better
Yeah mate, no point in me worrying about it. Seeing as I've already done all the C3 papers I'll re-do June 12 and then do 2 C4 papers.

Then I'll do 1/2 physics papers.

I expected this Exam to be the most challenging out my my 7 Exams this summer and I still think I did well enough so time to work!

As a final complaint:
I wish I hadn't said I wanted a Difficult Paper. Karma.
How could I know Water of Crystallisation would come up when it hasn't come up in like 7 Past Papers. Absolutely ridiculous.

And to everyone else - you probably have more exams you need to smash, the more time you waste here the time your using up to smash other exams.

Let's do this - we're all gonna make it brahs

In Zyzz we trust
Hi, how did everyone find it? was a better than Jan 2013 apart from questions 5 and 7.

what did u get for the calculation

1) 2.something and 4.something for the HCLO and metrhanoic

2) was 13.60 for NaOH

3) the last one , the methaoic and sodium hydroxide I got pH 3.99

4) for the co2 thing i got 5. something x 10 power something
Original post by TheRealStevo
In Zyzz we trust

We are all gonna make it
Reply 3839
Original post by needtosucceed=)
I'm sure that paper was harder than jan 2013 (and the rest)
really hoping 70 for an A, or maybe just a couple of marks over it..

the equations were hard, rate was harder than usual, last question was clueless about, few 1-2 markers were tricky.

the last question i calculated number of moles of hydrated, and take away from number of moles of water to get moles of anhydrous, thats all ive done do i get marks for that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending