The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

The aluminium ionic equation should be

6H+ + 2Al -----> 2Al3++3H2

Also, for the tin and iodine compound reaction - do you think they'll allow the addition of OH- to the right hand side instead of water?

So

6H+ + 5Sn2++2IO3- -------> 5Sn4+ + I2 + 6OH-
Original post by otrivine
Will I get the mark

for saying, h2o was not present in rate equation ?

In mark scheme they put TdetaS< DETA G

I put detaG> TdetaS ? is that fine

Yes, that's fine! And that depends on the question...?
Original post by DudeBoy
But It was CH3 CH3 not O O

It was (COO-)2

Original post by Jed_
Good news then! were we given a molar mass? I must have overlooked that entirely.

Yeh, it was 211.8 I think.
Reply 4263
Did anyone get FeCl3 in one of the equations? I would be more specific but my memory is awful!
Original post by JimmyA*
The equation for the reaction when zinc powder was added was also 2 marks not 1.

Okay good! Then I think we have all marks accounted for when we get the figure for gibbs!
Original post by Kat12395
Yes, that's fine! And that depends on the question...?

which question?
Original post by PythianLegume
For the delta G, I believe it was 2879 + 298x0.256 = 2955. It was worth at least 2 marks.
I too got this number

2/5 marks missing is the
Ni
Ni2+

Electron configuration

:wink:
Original post by Benjy100
The aluminium ionic equation should be

6H+ + 2Al -----> 2Al3++3H2

Also, for the tin and iodine compound reaction - do you think they'll allow the addition of OH- to the right hand side instead of water?

So

6H+ + 5Sn2++2IO3- -------> 5Sn4+ + I2 + 6OH-

wait sorry! just realised that there is even charge so sure! yes you would get the marks
i just wanted to ask on buffer of ph did anyone use this method...??

of working out both the individuals moles and taking away from each other.converting ka to pka

e.g:
3 c(ii)
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/135166-mark-scheme-unit-f325-equilibria-energetics-and-elements-june.pdf
Original post by keepontrying
I too got this number

Is delta G not Delta H - TDS? (Not add?)
Original post by scorpio22
i just wanted to ask on buffer of ph did anyone use this method...??

of working out both the individuals moles and taking away from each other.converting ka to pka

e.g:
3 c(ii)
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/135166-mark-scheme-unit-f325-equilibria-energetics-and-elements-june.pdf

If it's the henderson model, and you got the same PH- you'll get the marks, np.

dS was negative, so -TdS was positive; that was the point of why it is never feasible.
Original post by PythianLegume
dS was negative, so -TdS was positive; that was the point of why it is never feasible.

But it was --! ;D

I don't understand your question, perhaps if you rephrase please?
Original post by keepontrying
I don't understand your question, perhaps if you rephrase please?

Dw, I was just confused because the before person wrote it as plus; but that's only because I always think of it as minus minus!
(Check delta G on the Mark Scheme!)
Original post by master y
that one was ok, i got 5.1 x 10^16. you knew G was that energy, then divide by delta H to give moles. Then times 44 to get the mass (n = m/mr)

thats what I did and got the same answer as you
Dw, I was just confused because the before person wrote it as plus; but that's only because I always think of it as minus minus!

sure ,i totally understand
can someone show a breakdown of the mark of the 7 mark at the end thanks

From this mark scheme it is only 15 marks I'll lose, but should get 5 for special consideration so I think I've actually hit the 90's for this one!!!! I'm ecstatic and ready to ace C3 tomorrow :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending