The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naami
Ikr, and that Death Note parody! Didn't really expect that! Or the scene where she's playing *that game* on her DS. Proper awkward as I was watching it with my brother as well. But Tomoki (I think that's her name?) is quite cute - I loved how delusional she is about her popularity! I haven't read the manga, how did the first ep compare?

Lol, and then the scene when she tried to dress up as a trendy high school girl, and the result was a horror movie effect :biggrin:

The most unique thing about the manga is the art and character expressions. Sometimes in anime adaptions some of the art/style is lost, but in this one they seem to have kept true to the original art.

It was a really good first ep, hopefully the rest of the series stays this good:smile:
Reply 4841
Original post by purplerainn
first 30 episodes are mostly small stories with no real relevance to anything, the next 30 or so episodes after that are amazing.

you should definitely watch Samurai X : Trust and Betrayal first.
it's kind of like a prequel to the anime series.

Okay, thanks I will! ^.^
Original post by Naami
That's good to hear :smile: Second ep is out now, so the question is: what's the verdict for this show - to drop or not to drop?

BTW I have a 3 Crunchyroll 48h guest passes if anyone wants it, PM me your email address/CR user for them!

I'm giving it a few more episodes to see what turns up :smile:

Ah man if only I wasn't going away :frown:
Original post by Scienceisgood
This video made my day today!

[video="youtube;GsO2XwKCPtM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsO2XwKCPtM[/video]

Now we need a bleach and claymore announcement, then I'll be really happy.
ufotable making a new fate/stay night anime adaption!(Heavens Feel route) :woo:
Reply 4845
They haven't confirmed its to be HF even though it would be a perfect fit. But all the same dat some amazing good news there.
Reply 4846
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Haha, I ended up buying it for my sister instead, years ago. She did offer to lend the series to me at the time, but I've always had way too many volumes of my own to read. :p:

Fair enough. :tongue:
Reply 4847
What's the most anyone here has spent on anime boxset?

I found a brand new Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition boxset for sale for £70, which is pretty steep but given that NGE is now OOP it might be a reasonable price. I'm really stuck :tongue: It seems my plan to use my gap year to save money will be thrown out the window and is all being spent on anime >.<
Original post by Naami

I found a brand new Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition boxset for sale for £70, which is pretty steep but given that NGE is now OOP it might be a reasonable price. I'm really stuck :tongue: It seems my plan to use my gap year to save money will be thrown out the window and is all being spent on anime >.<

The complete collection of Madlax cost me £50, and that's also the most I've ever spent on a single manga volume (volume 9 of Dr. Slump... which I hear recently got reprinted and now sells for less than £5, including postage :facepalm:) I think that's more or less my limit, £50 on a single purchase.
Original post by Naami

Well, as of tomorrow, £37 on Death Note.

However, I am buying this ASAP - http://blueexorcist.com/bluray-box1.php
Comes with the following;

Blue-Exorcist-Blu-ray-Box-V1-Asset-lrg.jpg

Content:

Content.PNG

Price in GBP - £92.68 - When I get the money together, buying this for half a series is a lil overkill I will admit. =l
I need this blu ray set, mainly for the art book though. It is limited edition. =P

EDIT:
Didn't even know this was released yet, thought it was released later. =l
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4850
The complete collection of Madlax cost me £50, and that's also the most I've ever spent on a single manga volume (volume 9 of Dr. Slump... which I hear recently got reprinted and now sells for less than £5, including postage :facepalm:) I think that's more or less my limit, £50 on a single purchase.

£50 on one volume of manga?! :afraid: I think most I spent was £20 on Fruits Basket Ultimate Collection 2. I'm quite interested in your collection Jellyfish, you seem to do regular purchases - mind showing us a pic of your collection? :wink:

Well, as of tomorrow, £37 on Death Note.

However, I am buying this ASAP - http://blueexorcist.com/bluray-box1.php
Comes with the following;

Blue-Exorcist-Blu-ray-Box-V1-Asset-lrg.jpg

Content:

Content.PNG

Price in GBP - £92.68 - When I get the money together, buying this for half a series is a lil overkill I will admit. =l
I need this blu ray set, mainly for the art book though. It is limited edition. =P

EDIT:
Didn't even know this was released yet, thought it was released later. =l

Ahh, yes I got that Death Note set for £37 as well, and as to date that is my most expensive boxset. I'm a bit irked that you can now get it on Amazon for £25, which I'm considering purchasing again as the box to my current boxset has got a lot of tears.

That's pretty typical pricing for an AoA release - I remember they had their Fate/Zero blu ray set at $150 a peice; so $300 altogether. And their Gurren Lagann blu ray set is $550 :facepalm:

Why don't you get Manga UK blu ray release? I believe they are selling for ~£26 for each part, though I admit it does not look as glamorous as Aniplex's release and probably does not come with the artbook you desire so :tongue:

I'm also definitely buying the Revolutionary Girl Utena LE boxsets. There are 3 priced at £25, £25 and £40 respectively so that's £90 I'll probably be spending on one series. However since it's split into 3 parts I don't seem to feel as guilty about it..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Naami
£50 on one volume of manga?! :afraid: I think most I spent was £20 on Fruits Basket Ultimate Collection 2. I'm quite interested in your collection Jellyfish, you seem to do regular purchases - mind showing us a pic of your collection? :wink:

£50 is a lot... pretty much every time I order a manga volume over £30, I stop and think about whether it's really worth it, or whether I could put the money to better use... but then I buy it anyway. :p: Manga is my one real indulgence, and I save far more than I spend on it, so I can somehow justify my obsession. :giggle:

A pic, you say? I could never fit it into one. :colone:

My Anime & Manga collection

(edited 10 years ago)
£50 is a lot... pretty much every time I order a manga volume over £30, I stop and think about whether it's really worth it, or whether I could put the money to better use... but then I buy it anyway. :p: Manga is my one real indulgence, and I save far more than I spend on it, so I can somehow justify my obsession. :giggle:

Will you marry me?
Will you marry me?

That depends, how big is YOUR collection? :p:

I'm a bit worried that I'll keep buying long after I run out of shelf space. :redface: There's a few gaps here and there, but just finding permanent homes for the volumes I've got piled up near my bed might be a struggle...
That depends, how big is YOUR collection? :p:

I'm a bit worried that I'll keep buying long after I run out of shelf space. :redface: There's a few gaps here and there, but just finding permanent homes for the volumes I've got piled up near my bed might be a struggle...

Don't you think that's a bit personal asking a guy his size since we haven't even gone out yet?! :cool:
Reply 4855
I saw Pacific Rim today. It's so anime it hurts. (Also pretty fun, in a don't-think-too-hard way.)

Also, I've been watching Fist of the North Star, which is mad, usually in a good way. It seems much more simple and more serious than modern shounen action shows, and has a nice line in ridiculously gory deaths.
Reply 4856

Oh my :fan: And you own School Rumble! You, sir, have good taste :chaplin: And WOW you actually own a Loveless volume. That manga confuses the crap outta me.
Original post by Naami
Oh my :fan: And you own School Rumble! You, sir, have good taste :chaplin: And WOW you actually own a Loveless volume. That manga confuses the crap outta me.

Unfortunately, School Rumble is in the stalled/dropped pile. Not through choice, DelRey/Tanoshimi/Kodansha just decided it wasn't selling enough. :frown: There's another six volumes which I don't have, but as much as I enjoyed it, I'd rather spend money on series I know I'll be able to finish. The anime is in my large 'want to watch' backlog, though. :smile:

Three Loveless omnibuses (omnibi?), actually, though I've only read two so far. :yes: I liked the anime, but the ending (or lack of one) was disappointing, so I took Viz's 2-in-1 releases as an excuse to catch up with the manga instead. :biggrin: I'm following everything so far. :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4858
Unfortunately, School Rumble is in the stalled/dropped pile. Not through choice, DelRey/Tanoshimi/Kodansha just decided it wasn't selling enough. :frown: There's another six volumes which I don't have, but as much as I enjoyed it, I'd rather spend money on series I know I'll be able to finish. The anime is in my large 'want to watch' backlog, though. :smile:

Three Loveless omnibuses (omnibi?), actually, though I've only read two so far. :yes: I liked the anime, but the ending (or lack of one) was disappointing, so I took Viz's 2-in-1 releases as an excuse to catch up with the manga instead. :biggrin: I'm following everything so far. :p:

Oh has Kodansha/Del Ray dropped the series? That's one of my biggest pet peeves, when a series is dropped halfway through >.< I would very much recommend the anime though, especially in the english dub - Brandon Potter as Harima Kenji :coma:

I think I last read Loveless like 3 years ago - at the time around 80 chapters were out. I was mostly confused by genders in this series. It took me a long while to figure out who were girls and who were boys since everyone looked so androgynous. The plot was good, but it was slow moving so decided to drop it. Is it worth picking up again?
Original post by Naami
Oh has Kodansha/Del Ray dropped the series? That's one of my biggest pet peeves, when a series is dropped halfway through >.< I would very much recommend the anime though, especially in the english dub - Brandon Potter as Harima Kenji :coma:

I think I last read Loveless like 3 years ago - at the time around 80 chapters were out. I was mostly confused by genders in this series. It took me a long while to figure out who were girls and who were boys since everyone looked so androgynous. The plot was good, but it was slow moving so decided to drop it. Is it worth picking up again?

English dubs... :puke: Think I'll take my chances with the original voice cast, doing so has never disappointed me so far. :nah:

The latest chapter of Loveless I read was 19, so I can't comment on whether it's picked up since you last read it. Certainly slow moving, but I compensate for that by reading faster. :p: Androgyny works just fine for me, but so far (as far as I'm aware) the only character that I didn't identify straight away was Kio.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest