The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by vics.hart
Does anyone have any idea what came up in the January exam for Edexcel B Protest Law and Order paper?

I'm trying to find that out too! So far, its gone:
Jan 2011: Suffragettes
Jun 2011: Miners strike
Jan 2012: Poll tax riots
Jun 2012: Suffragettes
Jan 2013: ???????

Just trying to guess whats going to be in my paper on wednesday haha!
Did anyone do the ocr product design paper on friday?:smile:
Original post by wenna7
I'm trying to find that out too! So far, its gone:
Jan 2011: Suffragettes
Jun 2011: Miners strike
Jan 2012: Poll tax riots
Jun 2012: Suffragettes
Jan 2013: ???????

Just trying to guess whats going to be in my paper on wednesday haha!

So the general strike hasnt been done in a while . When do exams boards create the exam papers because with Thatchers death maybe general or miners strike might appear. Hopefully grade boundaries are slightly lower this year.
I've finished xD
What are people on here aiming for overal in their GCSE? i.e what are they on course for.
Reply 466
Everyone remember to log in using your pin code in the edexcel website, i think todays the last day to do so!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for the aqa gcse stats paper on the 24th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did plp do in their p.e exam edexcel...... it was kind of hard
Anybody got any idea on an unofficial mark scheme for AQA Unit 5 Mark's Gospel and AQA Unit 4 Roman Catholicism: Ethics? Thanks :smile: good luck for your results, I hope you all get what you need for college etc :smile:
Original post by thebestiscoming
How did plp do in their p.e exam edexcel...... it was kind of hard

i agree it was hard, i needed 54/80 for an A and to be honest dont think ive got that.
Original post by IrishChick
Anybody got any idea on an unofficial mark scheme for AQA Unit 5 Mark's Gospel and AQA Unit 4 Roman Catholicism: Ethics? Thanks :smile: good luck for your results, I hope you all get what you need for college etc :smile:

what subjects are they?
Original post by Millerman
what subjects are they?

Religion
i agree it was hard, i needed 54/80 for an A and to be honest dont think ive got that.

that is possible because 54 out of 80 is a C... but what was your practical grade. how was the 6 mark questions for you, those were good questions
have you got the markscheme?
that is possible because 54 out of 80 is a C... but what was your practical grade. how was the 6 mark questions for you, those were good questions

multiple choice and 6 markers seemed to go well. however, the main section went poorly. i was on 106/120 in the practical going into the exam.
multiple choice and 6 markers seemed to go well. however, the main section went poorly. i was on 106/120 in the practical going into the exam.

That's good, true the 6 markers and the multiple questions were good, I had 90 % which was an A* for my practical, 108/120. so are you sure that a C in the exam would give you an A overall?
That's good, true the 6 markers and the multiple questions were good, I had 90 % which was an A* for my practical, 108/120. so are you sure that a C in the exam would give you an A overall?

Yep cos you need 160/200 overal for an A. But I Don't know the conversion between raw marks and ums.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep cos you need 160/200 overal for an A. But I Don't know the conversion between raw marks and ums.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think that they are going to raise the grade boundaries?
Reply 479
Anyone on the edexcel board? Have you guys received the "welcome mail" that was supposed to be sent this month after logging in with the pin code?? Im a bit worried since ive been checking my mail everyday but havent received it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest