The Student Room Group

Retaking maths GCSE need desperate help!

Hello there, I am a 17-year-old year 12 student who got decent GCSE results (6's - 8's), apart from maths where I achieved a 4.I have paid and booked to retake my GCSE maths exams in may/june, as for a lot of the apprenticeships and uni's that I want to apply for, they require a 6 in maths.Obviously, I was not great at maths during GCSE, however, I want to do well in the summer so can anyone give me any revision tips / websites to help?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by arranfitzgerald
Hello there, I am a 17-year-old year 12 student who got decent GCSE results (6's - 8's), apart from maths where I achieved a 4.I have paid and booked to retake my GCSE maths exams in July, as for a lot of the apprenticeships and uni's that I want to apply for, they require a 6 in maths.Obviously, I was not great at maths during GCSE, however, I want to do well in July so can anyone give me any revision tips / websites to help?

Which board? Are you sure the exams are in July?!
Original post by Muttley79
Which board? Are you sure the exams are in July?!

I meant the summer term (may/june) ffs. But yeah summer exams.
Reply 3
I meant the summer term (may/june) ffs. But yeah summer exams.

No need to swear at someone trying to help you. Which exam board?

I think he meant to say ffs as in “ffs sorry that’s what i meant” not towards the person replying to him

i’m so sorry, that was not at all what was happening, i was cursing myself for making a mistake ❤️

AQA is the exam board
(edited 2 months ago)
Hello there, I am a 17-year-old year 12 student who got decent GCSE results (6's - 8's), apart from maths where I achieved a 4.I have paid and booked to retake my GCSE maths exams in may/june, as for a lot of the apprenticeships and uni's that I want to apply for, they require a 6 in maths.Obviously, I was not great at maths during GCSE, however, I want to do well in the summer so can anyone give me any revision tips / websites to help?

Do the Corbett math 5 a-days, watch gcse math tutor lives on TikTok, do every topic practice on math genie and watch videos on what you don’t understand. Then you can start doing past papers in timed conditions, marking your corrections in a different colour. Good luck x
Reply 7
I did igcse extended math and got an A* just from past papers, whenever I got something wrong I would find a youtube video or look at notes.
Reply 8
i’m so sorry, that was not at all what was happening, i was cursing myself for making a mistake ❤️

AQA is the exam board

Try here: https://mmerevise.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/aqa/

Questions are by level - just use the free stuff.

I also advise not starting with the multiple choice questions first - do others then come back to them. The multiple choice are designed to trip you up.
Original post by Bernadette12365
Do the Corbett math 5 a-days, watch gcse math tutor lives on TikTok, do every topic practice on math genie and watch videos on what you don’t understand. Then you can start doing past papers in timed conditions, marking your corrections in a different colour. Good luck x

this is so helpful, thanks
Try here: https://mmerevise.co.uk/gcse-maths-revision/aqa/

Questions are by level - just use the free stuff.

I also advise not starting with the multiple choice questions first - do others then come back to them. The multiple choice are designed to trip you up.

appreciate it pal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending