The Student Room Group

Essex pair charged with sex attack on baby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23703757

I know that attacks happen on young kids a lot, unfortunately, but I think most of us would quite rightly agree that a sexual assault, or heck any kind of assault/harm to a 10-week old baby is just, thoroughly and utterly wrong. I mean, what the heck possesses someone to attempt to rape such a young, defenceless and innocent girl, who is more than likely going to grow up with some serious psychological issues, at the very least.

I hope they get a good, long sentence (at the very least!) for the appalling nature of their crime and don't ever get a chance to do something else to anyone else's child, don't you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is so disgusting that this kind of thing even happens. It makes me so sad that someone could do that to another person, especially a child. :frown:
Reply 2
It's utterly appalling and disgusting.

The worst thing about it is that they will probably get some pathetic sentence and then they will be released due to ''good behaviour''. Pathetic.

Nowadays, you can get away with as much years in prison for rape or murder as you can get for tax evasion.

Disgusting.
Reply 3
I read this on the BBC website and I honestly felt sick.
Reply 4
Original post by MoonGazer

I know that attacks happen on young kids a lot, unfortunately, but I think most of us would quite rightly agree that a sexual assault, or heck any kind of assault/harm to a 10-week old baby is just, thoroughly and utterly wrong. I mean, what the heck possesses someone to attempt to rape such a young, defenceless and innocent girl, who is more than likely going to grow up with some serious psychological issues, at the very least.

I hope they get a good, long sentence (at the very least!) for the appalling nature of their crime and don't ever get a chance to do something else to anyone else's child, don't you?

This is in no way even remotely suggesting that it was ok - it's simply not. It's inhumane and abhorrent.

But actually, 10weeks old? Don't know about you but I don't remember anything from that age. Hopefully the girl in question will completely forget this ever happened.
Wtf? what? How do you even attempt to rape a 10 week old baby??
Seriously, some people are getting weirder and more ****** up by the minute.
Reply 6
The problem is how many babies are being raped and we don't even know about it? it's not as if the baby can tell someone or likely remember being abused.
Reply 7
Now whether or not a man must possess a minuscule penis to actually attempt to rape a baby is pretty much by the by, however it would still be prudent to insult the size of his manhood moments before the rusty hacksaw is used to severe it.

.....he is being sentenced to penile decapitation by rusty saw, right?...right?
Utterly revolting. How do people find it in themselves to do such things?
Now I can't be too sure (seeing how I'm no psychopath) but perhaps stricter laws and sentences would instil wariness, if not fear in child abusers!

Original post by joey11223
Now whether or not a man must possess a minuscule penis to actually attempt to rape a baby is pretty much by the by, however it would still be prudent to insult the size of his manhood moments before the rusty hacksaw is used to severe it.

.....he is being sentenced to penile decapitation by rusty saw, right?...right?

Wishful thinking, m'boy. :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by AristoBrat!

Wishful thinking, m'boy. :frown:

Hopefully a respectable inmate will take it upon himself to provide the service with a self made shiv.
Reply 10
Original post by joey11223
Hopefully a respectable inmate will take it upon himself to provide the service with a self made shiv.

I really hope so. They both deserve to rot in there.
Reply 11
I cannot imagine how much more painful that attack could be for a newborn baby, which is a disgusting thought, but I just cannot fathom how sick those people must be to carry out that act. Not only am I disgusted by every rape case I hear, but to harm someone so small and fragile and vulnerable, someone who cannot defend themselves, an innocent newborn baby for heavens sake, is vile and cowardly.

They should definitely be locked up for life. I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who commit acts like this. It might even be twisted for me to say this, but sometimes I wish we had capital punishment for these kind of people. Makes me so angry that they even exist. :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Mericcup
I cannot imagine how much more painful that attack could be for a newborn baby, which is a disgusting thought, but I just cannot fathom how sick those people must be to carry out that act. Not only am I disgusted by every rape case I hear, but to harm someone so small and fragile and vulnerable, someone who cannot defend themselves, an innocent newborn baby for heavens sake, is vile and cowardly.

They should definitely be locked up for life. I have no sympathy whatsoever for people who commit acts like this. It might even be twisted for me to say this, but sometimes I wish we had capital punishment for these kind of people. Makes me so angry that they even exist. :frown:

I don't usually agree with capital punishment as sometimes people are wrongly convicted but for this duo I would be more than happy to hear they were to be executed! Absolutely appalling and disgraceful.
Original post by Drewski
This is in no way even remotely suggesting that it was ok - it's simply not. It's inhumane and abhorrent.

But actually, 10weeks old? Don't know about you but I don't remember anything from that age. Hopefully the girl in question will completely forget this ever happened.

I'm no expert, but I would think anything like that that happens in your first few months/ years of life may have a profound impact on your development. It's not so much about remembering, but the knock on effect on brain development etc. How you are treated in your early years is crucial to how you grow up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by redpanda41
I'm no expert, but I would think anything like that that happens in your first few months/ years of life may have a profound impact on your development. It's not so much about remembering, but the knock on effect on brain development etc. How you are treated in your early years is crucial to how you grow up.

Yes, and I'd bet any child who suffered systematic abuse would be worse off for it. But a one-off attack? I know it was an abhorrent act, but it was just one.

I hope, for the girl's sake, I'm right. Would be an horrific shame if a one off event from before she was even able to remember shadowed her whole life.
Original post by Drewski
Yes, and I'd bet any child who suffered systematic abuse would be worse off for it. But a one-off attack? I know it was an abhorrent act, but it was just one.

I hope, for the girl's sake, I'm right. Would be an horrific shame if a one off event from before she was even able to remember shadowed her whole life.

From what I read from the article she had been neglected for the first 10 weeks of her life? But, hopefully you are right, and it is a short enough time for any developmental impacts to be remedied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by hollysarah
I don't usually agree with capital punishment as sometimes people are wrongly convicted but for this duo I would be more than happy to hear they were to be executed! Absolutely appalling and disgraceful.

****'s sake. They haven't even been convicted yet.
Original post by MoonGazer

Well, this is one of the most revolting stories in the news, it's as bad the one where a couple murder their child, the things some people do are completely savage!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Poor child :'(
Omg people are really sick in the head. A baby? How anyone can abuse a baby in any form is beyond me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending