The Student Room Group

Why is it that every time I hear that someone is pregnant I automatically think about

The couple having sex? Am I the only one who thinks dirty? Or like if they get married and then I hear they are pregnant I count the months/years they were married for before they did it (you can calculate it based on how many months the baby is). I am quite old so I don't really react in any way I just think it to myself and my younger sister who is 14 would say ew

Scroll to see replies

Thought that was everyone.
Well, I do think about the same thing. Guess it's quite common.
Original post by Serene Dreams
I think you need to get out more.

What does that mean? As in go and have sex myself?

I know some people who are more dirty than me, I know a woman roughly 70 years old saying things like I bet they have sex day and night. One time I was 15 and we watched a video in English class and the lady made sex noises while she was on a zima frame and I said sounds wrong, 3 people looked at me and I laughed my head off. Another time at 16 a boy read the name fanny Kemble in class and my teacher said it's not a derogatory term for vagina it was a common name in the old days and we laughed. Around 15/16 everyone is immature but I still think about sex when I hear about pregnancy in my 20s now.
Original post by Anonymous
What does that mean? As in go and have sex myself?

I know some people who are more dirty than me, I know a woman roughly 70 years old saying things like I bet they have sex day and night. One time I was 15 and we watched a video in English class and the lady made sex noises while she was on a zima frame and I said sounds wrong, 3 people looked at me and I laughed my head off. Another time at 16 a boy read the name fanny Kemble in class and my teacher said it's not a derogatory term for vagina it was a common name in the old days and we laughed. Around 15/16 everyone is immature but I still think about sex when I hear about pregnancy in my 20s now.

No. I don't know what I meant which is why I deleted my post. But, I must say, this is the weirdest thing ever. Then again, the users above seem to agree with you.

I am laughing so much omg. If someone announces they are pregnant, people usually don't think about the news for longer than 5 seconds and you are doing a whole algebra equation trying to figure out when they had sex. SCREAMING-
(edited 1 year ago)
"before they did it"

And you say you are in your 20s.
"before they did it"

And you say you are in your 20s.

What am I supposed to write? Before they had sex?

I am in my 20s, I'm still embarrassed by it, all Muslims are.
What am I supposed to write? Before they had sex?

I am in my 20s, I'm still embarrassed by it, all Muslims are.

I genuinely thought someone was trolling, but I guess it makes sense now that you mention you are Muslim. I mean the whole maths equation thing is still a little weird and I won't say anything which may offend you, but there's nothing to be embarrassed about and most people are dirty-minded so just think of it as having a creative imagination. Don't stress. And stop counting. 1, 2, 3...
(edited 1 year ago)
I don't, but I know that you're not alone in this. I have a friend (mid-30s) who does this. Whenever one of her tenants announces they're expecting she pictures the act and does the math to figure out the likelihood of them having conceived while living in one of her properties.
(edited 1 year ago)
I genuinely thought someone was trolling, but I guess it makes sense now that you mention you are Muslim. I mean the whole maths equation thing is still a little weird and I won't say anything which may offend you, but there's nothing to be embarrassed about and most people are dirty-minded so just think of it as having a creative imagination. Don't stress. And stop counting. 1, 2, 3...

Just to let you know not *all* Muslims are embarrassed by sex. Some of us actually quite normal and mature, I am not a good example of this but I know some of us are….I know there are some I’m sure.
like if they get married and then I hear they are pregnant I count the months/years they were married for before they did it (you can calculate it based on how many months the baby is).

This baffles me, married couples literally have sex the night of their wedding and almost everyday there after, lol why would you calculate how many months/years they are married before they had sex? You mean when the baby is conceived?
This baffles me, married couples literally have sex the night of their wedding and almost everyday there after, lol why would you calculate how many months/years they are married before they had sex? You mean when the baby is conceived?

Yes as in say the baby is 2 months they obviously had sex 2 months before
married couples literally have sex the night of their wedding and almost everyday there after

Almost everyday after....I don't think that lasts for long lol.

I mean say the mother is 2 months pregnant
Original post by Wooord!
Just to let you know not *all* Muslims are embarrassed by sex. Some of us actually quite normal and mature, I am not a good example of this but I know some of us are….I know there are some I’m sure.

Did you mean to quote anon? They said all Muslims are embarrassed by sex, not me.
Original post by Wooord!

You mean the Muslims that have sex before marriage and have babies before marriage are not embarrassed by it.
You mean the Muslims that have sex before marriage and have babies before marriage are not embarrassed by it.

I choked–
You mean when the baby is conceived?

I was thinking the same thing but then didn't mention it in case it gave OP flashbacks to GCSE biology.
I don’t ever think that cause I’m pure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending