The Student Room Group

How likely is it for me to get pregnant?

Me and my bf had unprotected sex on the last day of my period/ just when it had ended. He did not ejaculate in me and we believe there to be very little precum/not at all (as far as we know). I washed myself with water after and all. I'm 17 - what should i do? What is the likelihood of me getting pregnant? My cycle is 28 days and i typically ovulate 4-7 days after my period has ended. The morning after pill is quite expensive as far as i can tell from online.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Me and my bf had unprotected sex on the last day of my period/ just when it had ended. He did not ejaculate in me and we believe there to be very little precum/not at all (as far as we know). I washed myself with water after and all. I'm 17 - what should i do? What is the likelihood of me getting pregnant? My cycle is 28 days and i typically ovulate 4-7 days after my period has ended. The morning after pill is quite expensive as far as i can tell from online.

If ur that scared, just get the morning after pill. You can never be too careful. Would you rather spend money on an expensive pill or would you rather go through labour?

My friend said the same thing and now she has a baby boy lol. She didn't mind because she is like 27 and wanted one but still.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
If ur that scared, just get the morning after pill. You can never be too careful. Would you rather spend money on an expensive pill or would you rather go through labour?

How would I buy it in the UK as a 17 year old?
Use condoms next time.
How would I buy it in the UK as a 17 year old?

Visit a pharmacy in person. Most pharmacies offer emergency contraception, and you can speak to the pharmacist confidentially. They will provide you with the appropriate morning-after pill based on your individual circumstances. My school always shoved that down our throats
You can use.sh.uk if you live in London for a free morning after pill / contraception

take a test sis, thats the best thing to do in these situations. and if it comes positive then idk
Original post by sorcerer of old
use condoms next time.

lmaooooo
Reply 9
You lot are no help. Didn't ejaculate = no baby. No need for emergency contraception, relax. Not pregnant.
Original post by Apachecow
You lot are no help. Didn't ejaculate = no baby. No need for emergency contraception, relax. Not pregnant.

precum can get a girl preggos darlin... it litteraly contains sperm cells sooooo
Original post by Anonymous #5
precum can get a girl preggos darlin... it litteraly contains sperm cells sooooo

Not in the majority of cases, and even then in such low concentration to make pregnancy virtually impossible. The reason so many sperm are ejaculated is that pregnancy requires large numbers for support and transit. To give context, a sperm count of 13.5 MILLION/ml is considered infertile. Whilst people claim "it only takes 1 sperm to make a baby" it really is a team effort.

If you look for published evidence for pregnancies from pre-ejaculatory fluid, they don't exist. Some studies have found the withdrawal method (when done correctly) to be a more effective means of preventing pregnancy than condom use......
Original post by Apachecow
Not in the majority of cases, and even then in such low concentration to make pregnancy virtually impossible. The reason so many sperm are ejaculated is that pregnancy requires large numbers for support and transit. To give context, a sperm count of 13.5 MILLION/ml is considered infertile. Whilst people claim "it only takes 1 sperm to make a baby" it really is a team effort.

If you look for published evidence for pregnancies from pre-ejaculatory fluid, they don't exist. Some studies have found the withdrawal method (when done correctly) to be a more effective means of preventing pregnancy than condom use......

There is always the chance with precum though, regardless of how small it is, it still exists. And if the girls body isnt fast enough at killing/attacking the sperm cells, then regardless of how low the chances are, there is always that chance. Your forgetting the girl is litteraly in her most vunerable days to be getting pregnant so the chance is just hugeeee but also tiny if that makes sence. i get what ur saying tho
Original post by undefined

precum can contain sperm
Reply 14
Risk is low from what is described but why take a risk, emergency contraception is free from NHS centres. Trouble with a pregnancy tests is that by the time they're reliable the moment for emergency contraception has passed

Quick Reply

Latest