The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University Of Aberdeen Freshers 2013-14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by msr36
Hiiiiiiiiiiii

Got my offer and all..... Got to get through my exams and on my way to Aberdeen :-P

Abit excited and abit nervous since im moving so far away from home.......

Anyhows im doing chemical engineering..... Anyone else??? If not..... Stilll hiiii ;-)

Hope to see u all there

Where are you moving from? I'm moving from Liverpool, 7 hour car journey yay! I'm not studying your course though, just thought I'd speak to someone going the same place as me!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by katherinelou94
Where are you moving from? I'm moving from Liverpool, 7 hour car journey yay! I'm not studying your course though, just thought I'd speak to someone going the same place as me!

Hey sorry to geg in, but I'm also moving from Liverpool and its nice to see someone mad enough to sit in the car for that long! What course are going to study?
Reply 142
Original post by SarahDigsElvis
Hey sorry to geg in, but I'm also moving from Liverpool and its nice to see someone mad enough to sit in the car for that long! What course are going to study?

Sorry to be nosey, but i'm coming up from Manchester, absolutely dreading the drive up! I'm studying Geology there, how about you?
Original post by dawg
Sorry to be nosey, but i'm coming up from Manchester, absolutely dreading the drive up! I'm studying Geology there, how about you?

The drive is going to be horrendous, and we'll have to do it everytime we come home aswell, not looking forward to that one bit! Oh geology sounds interesting, I'm doing molecular biology. Have you sorted your accommodation out yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
The drive is going to be horrendous, and we'll have to do it everytime we come home aswell, not looking forward to that one bit! Oh geology sounds interesting, I'm doing molecular biology. Have you sorted your accommodation out yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, well I was actually thinking about flying to Aberdeen! I flew up there for the open day, cost me like £80 which isn't too bad because petrol is pretty pricey and it only takes an hour on the plane.

Also about accommodation, i'm waiting for some reply of Aberdeen but i'm pretty sure i'll be staying in New Carnegie Court, how about yourself?
Original post by dawg
I know, well I was actually thinking about flying to Aberdeen! I flew up there for the open day, cost me like £80 which isn't too bad because petrol is pretty pricey and it only takes an hour on the plane.

Also about accommodation, i'm waiting for some reply of Aberdeen but i'm pretty sure i'll be staying in New Carnegie Court, how about yourself?

You know, flying hadnt even crossed my mind! I've only ever flown once though when I was much younger, would it not be awkward with all your stuff? I got a train up there on open and it took decades, really don't want to do that again

I'm also waiting for a reply, I think that maybe I'll be in Johnston Hall but I'm not sure. Do you already know anybody whose going because I know like zero people in the entirety of Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 146
Original post by philipfn
yeah, i'm doing history of art! i'm really excited!

Yay!! Im really exited too. Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
You know, flying hadnt even crossed my mind! I've only ever flown once though when I was much younger, would it not be awkward with all your stuff? I got a train up there on open and it took decades, really don't want to do that again

I'm also waiting for a reply, I think that maybe I'll be in Johnston Hall but I'm not sure. Do you already know anybody whose going because I know like zero people in the entirety of Scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it would be abit awkward, you'd need like two suitcases but saves the mooch in the car!

And naa, nobody that I know are going there, everybody's going Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds or somewhere near Manchester. I was abit worried that it was going to be majority Scottish people there and i'm just there with my manc accent chilling
Original post by dawg
I guess it would be abit awkward, you'd need like two suitcases but saves the mooch in the car!

And naa, nobody that I know are going there, everybody's going Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds or somewhere near Manchester. I was abit worried that it was going to be majority Scottish people there and i'm just there with my manc accent chilling

Yeah you're right, I'll think about it once I know exactly what I'm taking with me!

Haha I was worried about the same because all of my mates are going to Liverpool unis (with the exception of like one or two) and I didn't want to be the random scouser of the university, but looking on all the groups and stuff it seems like quite a few people are travelling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 149
Yeah you're right, I'll think about it once I know exactly what I'm taking with me!

Haha I was worried about the same because all of my mates are going to Liverpool unis (with the exception of like one or two) and I didn't want to be the random scouser of the university, but looking on all the groups and stuff it seems like quite a few people are travelling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, did you get your confirmation for accommodation today? Got my place at New Carnegie!
Reply 150
Original post by dawg

Hey! I'm coming from Leeds so kinda similar I suppose! Are you going to the open day next week? If you went through clearing that is? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dawg
Yeah, did you get your confirmation for accommodation today? Got my place at New Carnegie!

That's fab! No I didn't, I'm starting to get worried tbh

Edit: I heard back this morning! Yay! I'm going to be Johnston Halls room B.2.5 or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 152
Anyone for psychology ??
Reply 153
Original post by hisgrinningskull
Any other psychology applicants? :smile:

I'm moving up from Kent if I get my grades, I'm already panicking about results day it seems like such a long wait. I've applied for New Carnegie but I haven't heard back from accommodation yet, hopefully it'll be soon :smile:

Hey , how did your results go? I just confirmed my place for psychology through clearing. Coming up to Aberdeen from London so I've got a big move too !
Reply 154
Original post by GracieIsCrazy
I can't believe I didn't see this before, finally another psychology student! And you've applied for new Carnegie too :smile:
I haven't heard anything back from them either...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey , just got my place for psychology through clearing :smile:
Reply 155
Hello everyone.
I am coming up from London to study in Aberdeen for a History MA. Is anyone doing this?
I will be staying in Johnston Hall, any other legends staying here. It would be nice to get to know a couple of people before term starts.
Reply 156

Posted from TSR Mobile

at least you are studying in your own country, some have to travel a lot to get to their universities
Original post by Beaches93
Hey , how did your results go? I just confirmed my place for psychology through clearing. Coming up to Aberdeen from London so I've got a big move too !

I'm coming from Somerset in the south west!! A 9 hour drive and 519 miles!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sprungler
at least you are studying in your own country, some have to travel a lot to get to their universities

Well technically, I'm not going to a university in my own own country because Scotland and England are different countries but I see what you mean. Some people are travelling from outside the uk completely and I don't know how they're doing it! I'd be terrified! Where are you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by olivia0506
I'm coming from Somerset in the south west!! A 9 hour drive and 519 miles!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're driving?! I'm just flying up from Bristol, couldn't face that car journey!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending