The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Carmel college foundation year 2013 whos applied and whos bn please help need advice!

Scroll to see replies

I'll be starting this september the foundation in veterinary at carmel college :smile: Is anyone else living at home whilst studying here? Also does anyone know if we are allowed to get the contract coaches there that they run? (one stops a couple of minutes walk from my house) or is that just for the alevel students?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 21
Original post by CharlotteRLA
I'll be starting this september the foundation in veterinary at carmel college :smile: Is anyone else living at home whilst studying here? Also does anyone know if we are allowed to get the contract coaches there that they run? (one stops a couple of minutes walk from my house) or is that just for the alevel students?

Hey, I've just finished my A levels at Carmel and I used to get the college bus, sometimes foundation students got on and it was fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hey Im doing the Geography foundation at carmel this september I am so scared aha!
Reply 23
Just got my email from the college will all the detials for the start of the year. Anyone else got theirs?
Hey! I haven't got anything yet about starting information. But I got an email yesterday saying a starter pack was in the post for me. Do you knew what date we start? Someone else said it was 16 September but they weren't sure :s
Reply 25
Hey! I haven't got anything yet about starting information. But I got an email yesterday saying a starter pack was in the post for me. Do you knew what date we start? Someone else said it was 16 September but they weren't sure :s

hi :smile:
yeah, we have an induction day on Thursday 19th September at the college itself and then we start full time on Monday 23rd.
freshers week starts on the 16th so i'm moving in then :smile:
We have an induction day in liverpool on the 16th and then one at carmel on the 17th, start properly on the 23rd though. ( I finally got my induction pack last night )I'm not living at uni/college cos I've already done the whole uni away from home thing and freshers week before at Lancaster Uni. Do you mind me asking how old you are? (I'm worried I'm going to be the only older-ish student haha )
Reply 27
We have an induction day in liverpool on the 16th and then one at carmel on the 17th, start properly on the 23rd though. ( I finally got my induction pack last night )I'm not living at uni/college cos I've already done the whole uni away from home thing and freshers week before at Lancaster Uni. Do you mind me asking how old you are? (I'm worried I'm going to be the only older-ish student haha )

May i ask what course your doing as my email definitely said an induction on the Thursday? i don't know whether the days are course specific?
oh fair enough, that's understandable. Do you live in Liverpool then?
i'm twenty, but yeah i was worried about that too. how old are you if you don't mind saying?
Reply 28
Original post by BenC93
x

Original post by jiddon18
x

x

Hey, I'm doing this too!

have you guys posted your module choices back yet?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by J_W-x
Hey, I'm doing this too!

have you guys posted your module choices back yet?

Hi, not yet. Haven't got any passport like photos yet to send with it , but hopefully will do it tomorrow or something.
That's awesome, I'm 20 as well (although I'll be having my 21st like a week or so after we start! :smile: ) I'm doing the veterinary science course so we might have different induction days but I had assumed we'd all be starting together. How do you choose modules? I've tried registering online but it says that's its not open to do so until 2 September.
That's awesome, I'm 20 as well (although I'll be having my 21st like a week or so after we start! :smile: ) I'm doing the veterinary science course so we might have different induction days but I had assumed we'd all be starting together. And nope I'm not from Liverpool, I live in Warrington. Where are you from? How do you choose modules? I've tried registering online but it says that's its not open to do so until 2 September.
Im starting carmel on the 23rd as well and my induction is on the 19th too :smile: is anyone else doing biological sciences? I still havent sent my course options back yet either!
Reply 33
Oh cool that's not too bad then. :smile: Yeah so had I. Oh cool, will you be getting a bus in everyday or do you drive? I'm from Walsall, near Birmingham.
I'm not sure about registering yet I'll try again on the second.
Original post by BenC93
Oh cool that's not too bad then. :smile: Yeah so had I. Oh cool, will you be getting a bus in everyday or do you drive? I'm from Walsall, near Birmingham.
I'm not sure about registering yet I'll try again on the second.

oh I have a friend from Walsall from when I was at my last uni so i know exactly where that is :smile:
There is a coach which picks the a-level students up from the end of their roads and drops them at the college in a morning (and vice versa in an evening) so I will probably be getting that but Carmel is being a bit vague about whether I'm allowed on it or not. But if there's a day where I have the morning or afternoon off I'll drive instead. Is there any transport put on for you from the uni? (I'm assuming you will be living in the uni halls)
Reply 35
No way, that's cool. Oh fair enough.
Not really, they've just said you can catch a bus from the top of campus or a traim to a nearby station in st Helens, so I'm still not totally decided as what to do as they are bith quite expensive for a yearly pass.
Yeah I'm living practically on campus so everything else is nice amd close and easy :smile:

Finally sent my choices back today. Anyone else done theirs?
Reply 36
Is anyone staying on the off campus accomadation?
Staying off campus, but staying at home instead. Anyone else doing this, or am I the only one not living in Liverpool? :frown:
Reply 38
I did my A-levels in Carmel so I might have some answers about the college and area and stuff :smile: I know the foundation course people had very little interaction with the 6th formers apart from occasionally stealing our computers in the library, but they have seperate study bases and class rooms and I've been taught by some of the tutors who also teach foundation and they are amazing.
Also if you're worried about transport it takes about half and hour by either bus or train and the buses are really frequent to there I think the 10 and 10A come every 5mins.
Reply 39
Original post by jiddon18
Is anyone staying on the off campus accomadation?

I am studying earth sciences foundation at Carmel while staying at derby and rathbone halls. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending