Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE LLB Law September 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by psl007
You mentioned that your living at home for the school year, how come your not in res? (or halls as they say over here lol)

Well I live in Bristol so didn't see any point,but I do plan to look into moving out in second year :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Stephanie940
Well I live in Bristol so didn't see any point,but I do plan to look into moving out in second year :smile:

Far point lol living at home does have it's advantages.....house party at your place!!!!. Back in Canada I had a good buddy of mine live in res while he attended the local university in the city we lived in. He only lived about less than 10min away from the campus.
Reply 62
Original post by psl007
Far point lol living at home does have it's advantages.....house party at your place!!!!. Back in Canada I had a good buddy of mine live in res while he attended the local university in the city we lived in. He only lived about less than 10min away from the campus.

Oh cool :smile:
Reply 63
I'm selling a Law book. "Complete Criminal Law: Text, Cases, and Materials by Janet Loveless 3rd Edition" for £20. Message me if you're interested
I am starting at UWE (LLB) next week and am a mature student with young children, so I am trying to make childcare arrangements but can't get any information from UWE on the schedule until the first day. I was wondering if anyone who's already done their first year might be able to tell me what the lecture schedule is typically like in the first year?

Thanks so much!
Reply 65
Original post by lolaway1980
I am starting at UWE (LLB) next week and am a mature student with young children, so I am trying to make childcare arrangements but can't get any information from UWE on the schedule until the first day. I was wondering if anyone who's already done their first year might be able to tell me what the lecture schedule is typically like in the first year?

Thanks so much!

I'm going back three years so things could have changed for first years since then although probably not significantly. Generally they will try to compress your timetable for lectures and seminars into three days, leaving two days free. Wednesday afternoon is always free. My year 1 timetable was Monday, 9am - 3pm - Wednesday, 9am - 11am - Friday 9am - 2pm. Week one will be an induction week so you might find you're in 4 or 5 days for that week only. Once you get into the swing of things there is also the opportunity to unofficially re-gig your timetable to suit better - in year one some lectures are repeated at different times of the week and seminars/workshops are always repeated at different times. I knew two girls who managed to work things so that they had two long days but three days free. Doesn't always work, though, just depends.

If you do have 9am starts bear in mind the hassle of Bristol traffic. I found it was easier to get in by 7.30am, have a coffee and get an hour and half's work done before lectures. Beats sitting in the car or on a bus in a traffic jam. You might want to bear that in mind in relation to child care arrangements.
Original post by cliffg
I'm going back three years so things could have changed for first years since then although probably not significantly. Generally they will try to compress your timetable for lectures and seminars into three days, leaving two days free. Wednesday afternoon is always free. My year 1 timetable was Monday, 9am - 3pm - Wednesday, 9am - 11am - Friday 9am - 2pm. Week one will be an induction week so you might find you're in 4 or 5 days for that week only. Once you get into the swing of things there is also the opportunity to unofficially re-gig your timetable to suit better - in year one some lectures are repeated at different times of the week and seminars/workshops are always repeated at different times. I knew two girls who managed to work things so that they had two long days but three days free. Doesn't always work, though, just depends.

If you do have 9am starts bear in mind the hassle of Bristol traffic. I found it was easier to get in by 7.30am, have a coffee and get an hour and half's work done before lectures. Beats sitting in the car or on a bus in a traffic jam. You might want to bear that in mind in relation to child care arrangements.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the information. Looking forward to finding out more next week!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending