The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Did Imperial offer adjustment this year? Confused

I looked at various websites before August 15th (results day) this year and all seemed to state that Imperial College London would definitely not enter clearing or adjustment this year. However after August 15th I've seen a number of posts from people on TSR and other forum sites saying Imperial did in fact enter adjustment, and that they managed to get a place there. Can somebody shed some light on this? Did Imperial change their mind about adjustment after results day and decide to take people on after all? Any replies are appreciated, thank you
I am also confused about this...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by starlight4711
I am also confused about this...

Have you heard of anybody getting a place there through adjustment/clearing?
Original post by TalentedMrRed
Have you heard of anybody getting a place there through adjustment/clearing?

no, I actually also saw some posts about this. Well, however got in through adjustment was lucky, I guess. I think, they wouldn't want everyone to know if they did adjustment. Maybe they did state on their website for a short time, that they do adjustment, don't know..
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
They definitely had a few places in Biosciences (one or two different courses) available in adjustment. I remember visiting the page. I think there was a drop in applicant grades this year so a lot of people probably missed their offer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mooomooo
They definitely had a few places in Biosciences (one or two different courses) available in adjustment. I remember visiting the page. I think there was a drop in applicant grades this year so a lot of people probably missed their offer.

Was this on results day?
Reply 7
Original post by TalentedMrRed
Was this on results day?

I'm not sure if it appeared immediately on results day but was definitely there in the following few days. Stayed there for quite a bit too.
Don't know what they are playing at as the page that had the adjustment courses on it now says 'not participating in clearing or adjustment in 2013'...even though they did :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by mooomooo
I'm not sure if it appeared immediately on results day but was definitely there in the following few days. Stayed there for quite a bit too.
Don't know what they are playing at as the page that had the adjustment courses on it now says 'not participating in clearing or adjustment in 2013'...even though they did :tongue:

lol, it's almost as if they're ashamed to admit that they had to give in to something they've sworn they'd never participate in
Reply 9
Bump
Reply 10
Bump again...
Reply 11
Anybody with any more news on this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX5cW-mb8gY

here they say they offer adjustment for some courses (2014 entry). They definitely did offer adjustment for some courses in 2013 (but I don't think it was for any Engineering or Med courses).
Reply 13
Original post by starlight4711
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX5cW-mb8gY

here they say they offer adjustment for some courses (2014 entry). They definitely did offer adjustment for some courses in 2013 (but I don't think it was for any Engineering or Med courses).

Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending