The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
It is a sad day when Hiro Mashima has nothing to include in Fairy Tail other than fan service like his most recent Fairy Tail chapter. :unimpressed:

I would rather Erza beat the crap out of Natsu for crushing her cake than beating the crap out of him because they are both naked and Natsu pushed Erza into an awkward position...

Hiro Mashima, STOP WITH THE FAN SERVICE!

If you want, MAKE ANOTHER MANGA for fan service and leave it out of Fairy Tail!!!!

I'm just about on the edge of dropping the series for good. What pissed me off wasn't the fan service but was the amount of bull that wood guy was spewing about the heart and comrades which we've heard a million times already.
Just finished Shingeki no Kyojin, loved it. I don't think I can wait for the next season (if there is one), I'm going to have to read the manga.
Has anyone seen Samurai Champloo? :biggrin:

I've just finished watching it - such an awesome soundtrack, such an awesome everything - and I'm gutted about it ending!

Is there anything anyone'd recommend with the same sort of feel? Cowboy Bebop's already on my list (which reminds me, I really need to get back into Darker Than Black and finally watch Steins;Gate).
(edited 10 years ago)
Why is it in my watched threads, it is saying there are new messages being added but I can't view them?

Well, I'm off in like 40 mins anyway, got a 3 hour lecture today. DX
Original post by mrandmr.crane

I've just finished watching it - such an awesome soundtrack, such an awesome everything - and I'm gutted about it ending!

Is there anything anyone'd recommend with the same sort of feel? Cowboy Bebop's already on my list (which reminds me, I really need to get back into Darker Than Black and finally watch Steins;Gate).

Haven't seen Samurai Champloo, but my mate gave it to me so I'll have to go watch that. I started watching Cowboy Bebop but I haven't gotten around to finishing it. Darker Than Black is really good, I would say I preferred Stein's Gate though, that was one hell of a show.
Has anyone had one of those "WTF did I just watch?!" moments recently?

If not, here is one for you just to give you back that feeling. =l

[video="youtube;mkrnhU2nUqg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrnhU2nUqg[/video]

:lolwut:

:sexface:

*adds to list*
Has anyone had one of those "WTF did I just watch?!" moments recently?

If not, here is one for you just to give you back that feeling. =l

[video="youtube;mkrnhU2nUqg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrnhU2nUqg[/video]

Haha, hadn't seen that trailer for Pupa! :rofl: Reminds me of a certain scene from Kemonozume, though that's probably a bit too explicit to link to here. :p:

I think the biggest WTF moment for me recently was the intro scene to NouCome, which was ingenious. :biggrin:

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mrandmr.crane

Afro Samurai immediately springs to mind. It's not quite as good (IMO), but it has the same combination of well animated sword fights with hip hop. :yes:
This show is going to be censored to all hell.
So how does censoring work in Japan? Haven't read Pupa so wouldn't know the extent of its possible censoring.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Afro Samurai immediately springs to mind. It's not quite as good (IMO), but it has the same combination of well animated sword fights with hip hop. :yes:

I'll check it out, thank you!! :biggrin:

Original post by Eloades11
Haven't seen Samurai Champloo, but my mate gave it to me so I'll have to go watch that. I started watching Cowboy Bebop but I haven't gotten around to finishing it. Darker Than Black is really good, I would say I preferred Stein's Gate though, that was one hell of a show.

You'll love it! I hope you will anyway, haha. Are you going to watch it subbed or dubbed?

Think I'll go for Steins's Gate first, then either Bebop or Afro Samurai - and I'll save Darker Than Black for the hols...

So much to look forward to... :moon:
Finally got back into After School Nightmare after waiting almost a month for vol. 9 to be posted from America, and wow, so many big revelations and plot twists! I only hope the ending lives up to the rest of the series, as that's often where good series go bad. :s: Won't have to wait long to find out though, as I already have volume 10. :biggrin:

The ending of Karakuri Odette (which I finished yesterday) was a little bit rushed, and my favourite character got virtually written out of the last two volumes (apparently he wasn't popular with a lot of fans, according to the author's end comments :s:), but it was never a masterpiece to begin with. Cute, though. :smile:

The plan was to start Asano Inio's What a Wonderful World! next, but the price of the first volume suddenly doubled. :sigh: It's not horrendously expensive, but enough for me to put it off for now. Will likely go for Chrno Crusade instead. :biggrin:
Hi guys, I haven't been on the thread yet although I've joined the society

I haven't watched any animes in a long time and the ones I have watched are childish

Ones I've watched.....

Pokemon was my first i think or i think it was Avatar: The Last Airbender, maybe even the YuGiOh ones

i also watched this one called Mew Mew Power as a child its Japanese Shojo

I watched the Dragon ball ones and Digimon too and I've started watching a bit of Naruto as well

i think i might have watched more but i can't remember

I heard Death Note was good, I'll probably start watching that
Reply 5712
The third berserk film.:s-smilie: I knew what was coming but still.:erm: As with the others the animation was a bit funny, good when the usual 2D, some of the backgrounds were rather pretty, however not so good looking when the more fluid cg was up.

Spoiler

They've had characters from later such as the holy knights and puck(?) made appearances in the background, oh and in the Op of course, so hopefully there will be more to come. Hmmm "hopefully" seems such a strange word to use with a series that can be so unpleasant at times.:s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by vin
The third berserk film.:s-smilie: I knew what was coming but still.:erm: As with the others the animation was a bit funny, good when the usual 2D, some of the backgrounds were rather pretty, however not so good looking when the more fluid cg was up.

Spoiler

They've had characters from later such as the holy knights and puck(?) made appearances in the background, oh and in the Op of course, so hopefully there will be more to come. Hmmm "hopefully" seems such a strange word to use with a series that can be so unpleasant at times.:s-smilie:

There's been rumors that they're making another movie. (Lets hope so).
first ep of Outbreak Company was jokes :laugh: this is gona be a fun watch :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by Dilzo999
I'm just about on the edge of dropping the series for good. What pissed me off wasn't the fan service but was the amount of bull that wood guy was spewing about the heart and comrades which we've heard a million times already.

I wouldn't go so far as to drop it unless the series takes a major change for the worse, but, Hiro Mashima has to stop with the fan service!
This is Fairy Tail, not High School DXD!
Original post by AngryJellyfish

I think the biggest WTF moment for me recently was the intro scene to NouCome, which was ingenious. :biggrin:

ah that was brilliant, i seriously thought it would just keep on going for the rest of the ep :mmm: :lolwut:
Original post by eugenius 8
ah that was brilliant, i seriously thought it would just keep on going for the rest of the ep :mmm: :lolwut:

I wouldn't have minded if they did keep it going all episode. :giggle: Though the choices the main character had to make and the other weird characters were also great. :biggrin:
Ok guys. I like to think that I am a good human being. And I refuse to see myself as a good being If I don't recommend to all you mophuckers to watch 'swords of the strangers' one of the best movies I have watched of all time. Long story short Its about Samurai's...badass samurais.
Original post by NedStark
Is it not worth it? I've read the manga so I'd thought I'd give the anime a go but I may not if it is that bad.

It's not bad, its just that it is exactly how he described it 'overhyped' Its still a great anime nevertheless but not as good as some people make it out to be.

Latest