The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5860
Watched Attack on Titan after getting it recommended by one of my readers. I enjoyed the first season - it was a bit different from what I've seen before. Cool fight scenes that were imaginative AND refrained from just being the standard Shōnen (I think) of drawn out fights that last half a season and basically consist of someone hitting someone else harder than before. *Is he going to loose? No, he used a newly invented UberMegaSuperPunch*

The second season didn't quite live up to the first, but it was still enjoyable.

Haven't seen any anime for a while.
Original post by Hanvyj
Watched Attack on Titan after getting it recommended by one of my readers. I enjoyed the first season - it was a bit different from what I've seen before. Cool fight scenes that were imaginative AND refrained from just being the standard Shōnen (I think) of drawn out fights that last half a season and basically consist of someone hitting someone else harder than before. *Is he going to loose? No, he used a newly invented UberMegaSuperPunch*

The second season didn't quite live up to the first, but it was still enjoyable.

Haven't seen any anime for a while.

There was a second season of Attack On Titan?!
Reply 5862
Original post by Scienceisgood
There was a second season of Attack On Titan?!

It may have technically been the first season? Episodes 1 - 13 had a different flavour to 13-26. For example there was a "13.5" that was just a massive recap.

I assumed they'd come out at different times etc? Maybe I was wrong.
Rank the Akatsuki from Naruto in order of:
Preference
Speed
Physical Strength
Intelligence
and most skilled
Hey guys I recently finished reading Hitman Reborn. Does anyone else think that's one of the worst endings to a long Manga like that ever?
Original post by DKenway
Rank the Akatsuki from Naruto in order of:
Preference
Speed
Physical Strength
Intelligence
and most skilled

Can't be bothered to rank in order so Ill just say the people that I think are the best im those categories. BTW im not counting Tobi or madera:
Preference : Itachi
Speed : Depends, in water it is obviously Kisame. But on land I'm guessing Itachi.
Physical strength : Out of Kisame and Kakuza
Intelligence : Itachi
Most skilled : Itachi
Who would win in a fight. The Akatsuki vs The schichibukai(after time skip) from one piece
Original post by Lord Fifa
Who would win in a fight. The Akatsuki vs The schichibukai(after time skip) from one piece

Buggy would beat the akatsuki single handedly :P.
Finally finished Galactic Cyclone Bryger... it was pretty awful, apart from the epic soundtrack. :biggrin: Will be watching DT Eightron next, which I've only really heard bad things about in the past, so that should be great fun. :p:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Finally finished Galactic Cyclone Bryger... it was pretty awful, apart from the epic soundtrack. :biggrin: Will be watching DT Eightron next, which I've only really heard bad things about in the past, so that should be great fun. :p:

:giggle: Why do you want to watch things if they're 'bad' or 'awful'? :tongue:
Original post by AMYC1999
:giggle: Why do you want to watch things if they're 'bad' or 'awful'? :tongue:

I didn't know what to expect when I started Bryger, but the synopsis sounded interesting enough, and the great soundtrack and character designs meant it made a good first impression. :yes: Just a shame that the first half of the series was episodic 'bad guy of the week' stuff, and even when it got a major recurring (and sparkly) villain in the second half, the plot was hilariously bad. :p:

As for DT Eightron, I'd not heard of it until a friend watched the first episode with me about a couple of years ago. Can't remember much of what happened, except that I was interested enough to get the rest of the series. Only afterwards did I find out about its reputation as a low budget Evangelion clone... but still, I'd much rather give it a chance and form my own opinion of it than let that put me off. :giggle:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I didn't know what to expect when I started Bryger, but the synopsis sounded interesting enough, and the great soundtrack and character designs meant it made a good first impression. :yes: Just a shame that the first half of the series was episodic 'bad guy of the week' stuff, and even when it got a major recurring (and sparkly) villain in the second half, the plot was hilariously bad. :p:

As for DT Eightron, I'd not heard of it until a friend watched the first episode with me about a couple of years ago. Can't remember much of what happened, except that I was interested enough to get the rest of the series. Only afterwards did I find out about its reputation as a low budget Evangelion clone... but still, I'd much rather give it a chance and form my own opinion of it than let that put me off. :giggle:

And you're watching it now? Your list must be 10 pages long XD.
Original post by Dilzo999
And you're watching it now? Your list must be 10 pages long XD.

My want to watch list is currently 59 titles long, but I add to it every now and then, and I don't watch things in any logical order either. I've got unwatched anime series on my hard drives that have been there since 2010. :p:
Anyone else pissed off as to how easily Laxus kicked that demon's ass in Fairy Tail's latest chapter?
I was REALLY hoping for Laxus to have his ass either handed to him or having his life on the line in the ER room of Fairy Tail!

I knew they would declare war on Tartarus but I didn't expect Laxus to kick his ass so easily damn it!

EDIT:
I mean, these guys are supposed to be Zeref's (The most powerful dark mage in history!) top demons ffs, even more powerful than Deleora and that required Ur to sacrifice herself to defeat!
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone else pissed off... in Fairy Tail's latest chapter?

I'm assuming this post contains spoilers. If so, please spoiler tag it.
Anyone else pissed off as to how easily Laxus kicked that demon's ass in Fairy Tail's latest chapter?
I was REALLY hoping for Laxus to have his ass either handed to him or having his life on the line in the ER room of Fairy Tail!

I knew they would declare war on Tartarus but I didn't expect Laxus to kick his ass so easily damn it!

EDIT:
I mean, these guys are supposed to be Zeref's (The most powerful dark mage in history!) top demons ffs, even more powerful than Deleora and that required Ur to sacrifice herself to defeat!

He got owned in 3 hits, I was just laughing the whole way through as I knew a lot of people were going to be upset about it. At this point I don't really care about Fairy tail anymore. I'm just finishing it as I've gotten this far and it would be a shame to drop it.
Reply 5876
I dunno if I've already said this but oh god I love Kyousogiga so, so very much. It pushes every button for me, beautiful art, beautiful animation, wacky cartoonish humour, a strong family-centric story, magic and alternate dimensions, plus springing off of Through the Looking Glass <3

Coppelion and Galilei Donna are falling to the bottom of my list for this season but I can't be bothered to drop anything >.>

I'm impressed with Golden Time.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5877
I'm sorry Ouran is the best!
Reply 5878
Original post by Carecup
Re-reading that it does sound like I'm being sarcastic, although that wasn't actually the intention.

I've honestly re-watched the latest episode of KLK several times cause I just enjoyed the filler, especially the parts with Mako's reactions. There's also a sense of the anime staff having fun, it really does a good job of re-capturing the kind of passion that this same team would have put into TTGL all those years ago.

Very high hopes for it overall.

Ah, in that case you're forgiven as I definitely agree. :smile: :tongue:
I'm visiting friends at Aberystwyth next week, who happen to be the president and VP of the anime society there, and they've asked me for help finding short episode length anime series - aside from Senyuu, they've just been recycling the same few shows every year or two (Detroit Metal City, Gag Manga Biyori - both of which I originally screened in my year on committee :proud: - Cromartie High School and Astro Fighter Sunred), and want some new ideas.

I've got a few ideas of my own (Rec, Nyanpire, Di Gi Charat, Kimagure Robot etc), and am planning on trying a few others from recent seasons between now and my visit (starting with Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san), but if anyone has any other suggestions I'll look into them. :smile: For Aberanime purposes, a 'short' should usually be ~10 minutes per episode or shorter, and 13 episodes or less (though if the episodes are only 5 minutes long, they could show two per screening, allowing for up to 26 episodes etc).

The following series have been tried before, and were so unpopular they've effectively been blacklisted, due to the horror stories passed down from committee member to committee member (though I liked all the ones I saw). :p:

Legend of Duo
Tweeny Witches
Hetalia
Panda-Z
Chi's Sweet Home
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest