The Student Room Group

Archaeology/Anthropology 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by colle009
Ive applied for manchester and bristol aswell and had an offer from Manchester. Yeah I presume we probably won't hear from Bristol until after the january deadline. I did email them about it and they said they are hoping to run the course but if for some reason they can't they may offer us a different course. Which basically means they would offer us arch and anth instead!

Ah thanks :biggrin: I do know quite a few people who've applied so hopefully they'll run it as straight anth! :crossedf:
Reply 21
Original post by FranRose
Ah thanks :biggrin: I do know quite a few people who've applied so hopefully they'll run it as straight anth! :crossedf:

I really hope so, I love Bristol!
I'm applying to do ancient history and archaeology at Durham, Manchester, Nottingham and Newcastle and then ancient history and classical archaeology at Warwick :smile: got an email off my tutor to say she sent my UCAS off yesterday so fingers crossed :biggrin: anyone doing similar ? And anyone got any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am considering Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester! Think the course sounds brilliant, did you go to any of their open days? :smile:
For anyone else applying to UCL for anthropology: they don't ask for an essay OR an interview anymore! This is good for me I was personally ****ting myself about the essay but yeah they've changed their admission procedure, just thought I'd let y'all know
Original post by MariaKaehne
I am considering Ancient History and Archaeology at Manchester! Think the course sounds brilliant, did you go to any of their open days? :smile:

Yep - the course really stood out, It's completely different to the others I'm applying to, and all the lecturers were really nice - sounded like there was lots of opportunities to do practical archaeology as well :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by marm-alade
For anyone else applying to UCL for anthropology: they don't ask for an essay OR an interview anymore! This is good for me I was personally ****ting myself about the essay but yeah they've changed their admission procedure, just thought I'd let y'all know

Thank god for that! When did they change it? So does that mean the next thing we hear will be a yes or a no? I am literally so scared
Thank god for that! When did they change it? So does that mean the next thing we hear will be a yes or a no? I am literally so scared

I think so! I called them and they scrapped it this year. Omg I'm going to die I realllyyyy realllyyyy wanna get in :frown:
Got my offer for Evolutionary Anthropology :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I think so! I called them and they scrapped it this year. Omg I'm going to die I realllyyyy realllyyyy wanna get in :frown:

Oh really that is so good! it still says on the website that they interview and essay! I'm just so nervous, refreshing my email and checking my ucas constantly! I did read somewhere that they wait until they have a decent number of applicants before they respond to anyone so maybe that is what they're waiting for? I also found this http://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/studying/undergraduate_degrees/admissions from last year which I think means they don't reply to anyone until after the 15th november? If so thats not long!
Reply 30
Original post by Lucy96
Got my offer for Evolutionary Anthropology :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Congratulations!

Why thank you :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really that is so good! it still says on the website that they interview and essay! I'm just so nervous, refreshing my email and checking my ucas constantly! I did read somewhere that they wait until they have a decent number of applicants before they respond to anyone so maybe that is what they're waiting for? I also found this http://www.ucl.ac.uk/anthropology/studying/undergraduate_degrees/admissions from last year which I think means they don't reply to anyone until after the 15th november? If so thats not long!

I know they really need to update their website haha... Yeah, the lady said to me I'll know within a month :eek:
Reply 33
I know they really need to update their website haha... Yeah, the lady said to me I'll know within a month :eek:

Okay then at least we have a time frame to go on. Thank you!
Reply 34
Got a conditional offer from UCL of AAB today! so so so happy!
Got a conditional offer from UCL of AAB today! so so so happy!

That's amazing :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I was also put off applying for UCL by the essay. I'm a mature student, and i've only written 4 essays so far on my access to HE course! I'm not too worried about going to interviews, as many universities interview mature students. I haven't actually sent off my UCAS application yet, so I will definitely consider putting down UCL. I checked their module list, and it has everything I want to study on there! It's been very hard for me to make choices for anthropology, as there aren't many universities that offer exactly what i'm after. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
I have applied for HSPS at Cambridge, Anthropology at Edinburgh and Bristol and Archaeology at Cardiff and Nottingham. So far I've got offers from Cardiff and Nottingham, both for ABB which is lovely....but without wanting to get too hopeful, I'd love an offer from Bristol! I've sort of written off Cambridge because my UMS marks are comparatively not great and the whole application/written work/prospect of interview is stressing me oouuuttt! So yeah, Edinburgh and Bristol, please hear my prayer? :P They both look awesome to me. Anyone else heard from them?
Original post by Kelytha
I was also put off applying for UCL by the essay. I'm a mature student, and i've only written 4 essays so far on my access to HE course! I'm not too worried about going to interviews, as many universities interview mature students. I haven't actually sent off my UCAS application yet, so I will definitely consider putting down UCL. I checked their module list, and it has everything I want to study on there! It's been very hard for me to make choices for anthropology, as there aren't many universities that offer exactly what i'm after. :frown:
I am applying as a mature student too. Just got my IELTS results today, but finding it rather difficult to find someone to supply me with a reference. What have you done with yours? I am guessing you have a tutor doing it on your access course? :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Kelytha

They didn't ask me for an essay or interview just gave me the offer! Definitely don't let that put you off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending