The Student Room Group

Immigrants vs Immigrants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
There are other immigrant communities in the UK to
Reply 41
To be honest I think I will have a problem with the Roma if they start doing the stuff they do in the article
Reply 42
Original post by elohssa
No it isn't. Only Europe and N.America are globalising. Asia and Africa will stay homogenous.

Thats not true............ever been to some parts of Africa?.........in particular South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda......they are getting a lot of foreigners workers who are moving in and other migrants who are doing well as they see the opportunities and potential.
Same goes for India and China in particular for Asia, though it's more of a urban center migration.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
The Daily Fail is a conclusive source of absolutely nothing.
Reply 44
Do not worry gypsy, just give me your tears
Reply 45
Original post by Iqbal007
Thats not true............ever been to some parts of Africa.........in particular South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda......they are getting a lot of foreigners workers who are moving in and other migrants who are doing well.
Same goes for India and China in particular for Asia.

Maybe a tiny few. But those places will never become minority black/Asian. Also South Africa is quickly heading the way of Zimbabwe as far as diversity is concerned. In a few decades there won't be any.
Reply 46
Technically those Roma in Sheffield are Slovakian.
Reply 47
Original post by elohssa
Maybe a tiny few. But those places will never become minority black/Asian. Also South Africa is quickly heading the way of Zimbabwe as far as diversity is concerned. In a few decades there won't be any.

That's really not the case.............especially in the major cities of those places...........and it's actually expanding because they see Africa, in particular as a huge investment chance, especially a lot of Chinese moving into parts of Africa.
You already got Western style private education systems popping up across Africa and Asia, to meet demand from all these migrants for their children.
Reply 48
That's really not the case.............especially in the major cities of those places...........and it's actually expanding because they see Africa, in particular as a huge investment chance, especially a lot of Chinese moving into parts of Africa.
You already got Western style private education systems popping up across Africa and Asia, to meet demand from all these migrants for their children.

We are talking about absolutely tiny minority groups. A fraction of 1 percent. There is just no way cities in Africa or Asia are going to look like London (well, in a few decades London will look like them).
Reply 49
Original post by elohssa
We are talking about absolutely tiny minority groups. A fraction of 1 percent. There is just no way cities in Africa or Asia are going to look like London (well, in a few decades London will look like them).

Well its actually not looking that way......you stated they are "homogeneous", and i'm stating thats actually incorrect as it is and how it will be in the future.
So what if there British people of varying colours and ethnic groups.
Reply 50
Well its actually not looking that way......you stated they are "homogeneous", and i'm stating thats actually incorrect as it is and how it will be in the future.
So what if there British people of varying colours and ethnic groups.

They are homogenous though. Few have more then 1% minority groups, and the majority groups birthrate (especially in Africa and S.Asia) is through the roof. As for the second point, the issue I was raising is that diversity only applies to Europe and N.America. I feel the rest of the world is missing out :colone: Hopefully the Chinese will keep flooding in and take over parts of Africa and vice versa. At the moment that is not the case though.
Reply 51
Original post by elohssa
They are homogenous though. Few have more then 1% minority groups, and the majority groups birthrate (especially in Africa and S.Asia) is through the roof. As for the second point, the issue I was raising is that diversity only applies to Europe and N.America. I feel the rest of the world is missing out :colone: Hopefully the Chinese will keep flooding in and take over parts of Africa and vice versa. At the moment that is not the case though.

Trust me they aren't in some countries..............diversity doesn't only apply to Europe and N.America...... its going very strong in the rest of the world. Chinese are actually flooding into Africa, vice-versa not so much.
Reply 52
Trust me they aren't in some countries..............diversity doesn't only apply to Europe and N.America...... its going very strong in the rest of the world. Chinese are actually flooding into Africa, vice-versa not so much.

It needs to happen both ways and in massive numbers. I've been to Japan (wealthy Asian country) and only saw Asian faces. Same applies to S.Korea, S.Asia and almost all of Africa (although it's very poor). They need to fix their diversity problem, as it's disgusting how homogenous they are.
Original post by bazookabrad
What should be done?
Nothing, what should have been done... is the re-election of the Conservative government in 1997, instead of electing New Labour under Tony Blair and then Gordon Brown, who are both responsible for opening the flood-gates to UNCONTROLLED-MASS-NON EUROPEAN-IMMIGRATION... sold(brainwashed) to you: (the casual leftwing hippie student) as "multiculturalism".

It's quite difficult to open something that was never actually closed in the first place.
Reply 54
Original post by elohssa
It needs to happen both ways and in massive numbers. I've been to Japan (wealthy Asian country) and only saw Asian faces. Same applies to S.Korea, S.Asia and almost all of Africa (although it's very poor). They need to fix their diversity problem, as it's disgusting how homogenous they are.

It doesn't matter how they are...........theres a reason for how they are. It can't be forced.
It's only normal people will be attracted to places where their is growth and financial success...
Reply 55
It doesn't matter how they are...........theres a reason for how they are. It can't be forced.
It's only normal people will be attracted to places where their is growth and financial success...

Yea cause Japan and S.Korea are third world...
Reply 56
Original post by elohssa
Yea cause Japan and S.Korea are third world...

Japan and South Korea are very different issues...........one factor is the borders, border control so getting there and being allowed to get in, another is the major issue of language which isn't easy like English, french, etc which are more universally taught. And because 30+ years communities from other parts of the world were invited like in the UK to fill in jobs.
Reply 57
Japan and South Korea are very different issues...........one factor is the borders, border control so getting there and being allowed to get in, another is the major issue of language which isn't easy like English, french, etc which are more universally taught. And because 30+ years communities from other parts of the world were invited like in the UK to fill in jobs.

Japan is an island no different to the UK. Yet they don't get people from half way across the world seeking asylum there. The language has common ancestry with Mandarin and other NEA languages, and of course there are millions of poor Chinese. Why don't the Japanese allow them in? It's not like they are facing a demographic crisis? Fact is S.Korea and Japan want to protect their identity and unique culture.

Israel is another intolerant country:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/article3856742.ece

Can you imagine the international outrage if Italy tried this with such cold-bloodiness? Lastly Africa is also very intolerant and closed to multiculturalism.

http://www.genocidewatch.org/images/White_Genocide_TVA.pdf
http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html

And of course there has already been a genocide in Zimbabwe.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by elohssa
Japan is an island no different to the UK. Yet they don't get people from half way across the world seeking asylum there. The language has common ancestry with Mandarin and other NEA languages, and of course there are millions of poor Chinese. Why don't the Japanese allow them in? It's not like they are facing a demographic crisis? Fact is S.Korea and Japan want to protect their identity and unique culture.

China and Japan have a lot history, in particular bloodshed, rape, etc from the past, hence they wouldn't think to go to one another.
I believe there actually is a decent size community of Koreans in Japan I recall a article where theres been a bit of intolerance to that group.

Israel is another intolerant country:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/middleeast/article3856742.ece

Can you imagine the international outrage if Italy tried this with such cold-bloodiness? Lastly Africa is also very intolerant and closed to multiculturalism.

http://www.genocidewatch.org/images/White_Genocide_TVA.pdf
http://www.genocidewatch.org/southafrica.html

And of course there has already been a genocide in Zimbabwe.

Yes we know about Israel..........but they'll suffer under that system as a result, there is a lot of racism which has began surfacing.

Africa actually isn't.........it's coming along fine a part from the very few countries which everyone knows to stay away from.
Reply 59
Yes we know about Israel..........but they'll suffer under that system as a result, there is a lot of racism which has began surfacing.

Africa actually isn't.........it's coming along fine a part from the very few countries which everyone knows to stay away from.

Those "very few countries" tend to be the ones with a >1% non-African population. I'm sure as more Chinese buy up Africa and continue living better than the locals there will be pogroms against them; there is already a lot of tension.

In the old-world the few non-white countries where minority groups are not only welcome but can live their lives similarly to how they live them back home (freedom or worship etc) tend to be in SE Asia (Singapore etc) and some of the FSU states in central Asia (Kazakhstan etc). Everywhere else the politicians try to keep their states as ethnically and culturally homogenous as they can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending