The Student Room Group

What kind of questions will she ask about my IRP (Spanish A level)

Can anyone whose done the IRP in A level modern language tell me what kind of questions the examinar with ask?
Original post by .dog
Can anyone whose done the IRP in A level modern language tell me what kind of questions the examinar with ask?
they can ask you pretty much anything based on the subheadings you provide so try and think of any random questions that relate to your irp!
in my mock my teacher asked me:

why did I choose this topic

what was the most surprising/shocking thing that I discovered in my research

Original post by .dog

Depending on the exam board (I did AQA) they’ll ask you very broad questions that you can pretty much answer however you like, for example:
“Tell me more about *this area of your topic*”
“I wanted to investigate etc etc…I discovered that…..this is because…..however some would say that….”

My Spanish topic was Latin American immigration and I got asked stuff like “why do people immigrate” and “did you find out any specific recent causes of large amounts of immigration”
My French topic (I did 2 a level languages) was the popularity of French musicals and I got asked about some specific musicals I’d researched and then why I thought the popularity had declined.
Hope this helps!!! Feel free to DM me if you have anymore questions 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by Bekahthegap
Depending on the exam board (I did AQA) they’ll ask you very broad questions that you can pretty much answer however you like, for example:
“Tell me more about *this area of your topic*”
“I wanted to investigate etc etc…I discovered that…..this is because…..however some would say that….”
My Spanish topic was Latin American immigration and I got asked stuff like “why do people immigrate” and “did you find out any specific recent causes of large amounts of immigration”
My French topic (I did 2 a level languages) was the popularity of French musicals and I got asked about some specific musicals I’d researched and then why I thought the popularity had declined.
Hope this helps!!! Feel free to DM me if you have anymore questions 🙂
I’ve chosen to do the topic: the importance of the painting Guernica and the impact it made on picasso. so i’m writing about the characters in the painting, why guernica was bombed, why picasso painted guernica and how guernica made an impact.
could u think of any questions i might be asked?
Reply 4
Original post by erin11
they can ask you pretty much anything based on the subheadings you provide so try and think of any random questions that relate to your irp!
in my mock my teacher asked me:

why did I choose this topic

what was the most surprising/shocking thing that I discovered in my research

thank you!
Original post by .dog
I’ve chosen to do the topic: the importance of the painting Guernica and the impact it made on picasso. so i’m writing about the characters in the painting, why guernica was bombed, why picasso painted guernica and how guernica made an impact.
could u think of any questions i might be asked?

Because you suggest your subheadings to the examiner beforehand, it sounds like they would probably ask you why Guernica was bombed, why Picasso painted it etc etc
They tend to follow the subheadings you come up with, but just be aware that they will ask for more detail if you don’t give too much, so be prepared for some questions like “can you elaborate on that” or “tell me more”
Reply 6
Because you suggest your subheadings to the examiner beforehand, it sounds like they would probably ask you why Guernica was bombed, why Picasso painted it etc etc
They tend to follow the subheadings you come up with, but just be aware that they will ask for more detail if you don’t give too much, so be prepared for some questions like “can you elaborate on that” or “tell me more”
In my 2 minute presentation ive briefly answered some, so they will just ask me to expand on my knowledge?
Reply 7
Also, because my topic relates to the spanish civil war and franco, will my photocard not be on that theme or is my topic not in depth enough about the franco regime to not have that theme picked?
Original post by .dog
In my 2 minute presentation ive briefly answered some, so they will just ask me to expand on my knowledge?

Yes they will do that, they won’t ask you anything you haven’t prepared - but if they ask a more niche question you can always say something like “I focused more on….” And then lead it onto another area
Original post by .dog
Also, because my topic relates to the spanish civil war and franco, will my photocard not be on that theme or is my topic not in depth enough about the franco regime to not have that theme picked?

They most likely won’t give you a card on Franco, immigration was one of the possible card topics and I didn’t get it because my IRP topic was immigration
Reply 10
They most likely won’t give you a card on Franco, immigration was one of the possible card topics and I didn’t get it because my IRP topic was immigration

Thank you! Did you learn any facts or statistics about the topics? Or have any I could use?
Original post by .dog
Thank you! Did you learn any facts or statistics about the topics? Or have any I could use?

I did!! Any particular topics? You can DM me if it’s easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending