The Student Room Group

Student Finance application - further documents required

Dear Student Finance team,
I have been living in the UK for 9 years and 2 months and am eligible for a Tuition fee loan.
To progress my application further I was asked to provide evidence to prove my immigration status in the UK from 01/09/2020 01/02/2022.
A small problem, however:
your original/digital Home Office letter confirming your status in the UK
and the reason for this status being granted. The letter must clearly show
the date on which you were granted your status, and the date on which this
status will expire (if applicable)’
[Do not have the original of this, the decision letter was sent to our lawyers who scanned and sent a copy back to us] I sent the copy of the decision letter to Student finance but they are adamant about receiving original documents and will not accept a copy.
your original Immigration Status Document
[Do not have this]
your original passport with relevant vignette confirming your immigration status in the UK
[Sent and received my passport back from SFE]
your original valid/expired biometric residence permit card
[The home office requires you to return the expired BRP so I didn’t have the original expired BRP to send to SFE. I did have a copy of the expired BRP which I sent to SFE by post and they did not accept the copy either]
your original UK Travel Document
[Do not have this ]
Recently I received a response from the UK visa and immigration Subject Access Request team who have provided a GCID Case record sheet that contains the details of the main applicant and dependants (me). The document shows the following:
Case outcome
Outcome date
Status category
Expiry date etc.
I submitted the full document online which is 62 pages long, has a watermark ‘File copy’ and the sender was UK visa and Immigraiton so would this be accepted or would SFE once again ask me to send original documents which I do not have? If they accept the document, great! If not then can’t SFE ask the home office for my immigration details for those dates??
Thanks
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Fujitora
Dear Student Finance team,
I have been living in the UK for 9 years and 2 months and am eligible for a Tuition fee loan.
To progress my application further I was asked to provide evidence to prove my immigration status in the UK from 01/09/2020 01/02/2022.
A small problem, however:
your original/digital Home Office letter confirming your status in the UK
and the reason for this status being granted. The letter must clearly show
the date on which you were granted your status, and the date on which this
status will expire (if applicable)’
[Do not have the original of this, the decision letter was sent to our lawyers who scanned and sent a copy back to us] I sent the copy of the decision letter to Student finance but they are adamant about receiving original documents and will not accept a copy.
your original Immigration Status Document
[Do not have this]
your original passport with relevant vignette confirming your immigration status in the UK
[Sent and received my passport back from SFE]
your original valid/expired biometric residence permit card
[The home office requires you to return the expired BRP so I didn’t have the original expired BRP to send to SFE. I did have a copy of the expired BRP which I sent to SFE by post and they did not accept the copy either]
your original UK Travel Document
[Do not have this ]
Recently I received a response from the UK visa and immigration Subject Access Request team who have provided a GCID Case record sheet that contains the details of the main applicant and dependants (me). The document shows the following:
Case outcome
Outcome date
Status category
Expiry date etc.
I submitted the full document online which is 62 pages long, has a watermark ‘File copy’ and the sender was UK visa and Immigraiton so would this be accepted or would SFE once again ask me to send original documents which I do not have? If they accept the document, great! If not then can’t SFE ask the home office for my immigration details for those dates??
Thanks

Hi yes, they can but it can take up to 30 working days for a Home Office check to be carried out. For further assistance with this please contact us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi yes, they can but it can take up to 30 working days for a Home Office check to be carried out. For further assistance with this please contact us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Jason

Ok, thanks
Original post by Fujitora
Ok, thanks

You're welcome. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending