The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saleem Aslam
His memory of the incident is forgotten and the 9th Doctor still thinks that he Burned gallifrey.

Yeah ok, I get that. But he must remember something - he's said before that he watched Gallifrey burn. And to burn Gallifrey he would have had to use the Moment, since that was the weapon. So did he just forget the whole interface/conscience thing?
Original post by Dalek1099
The Doctor did he killed a billion billion daleks watch Tennant in Journey's End as the 10th Doctor and see how bad he suggests that is.

Aye, but that's not the same as killing all Daleks and all Time Lords off-screen, if you get what I mean.
Original post by St. Brynjar
Aye, but that's not the same as killing all Daleks and all Time Lords off-screen, if you get what I mean.

You could argue its worse because the Doctor chose to save the Timelords over the Daleks-a godlike quality and it made me think of Voyager and how the Doctor in Voyager couldn't get over the fact he chose to save one patient over another when he couldn't save both if he had failed to save both in the first place I doubt he would have had this moral dilemma this is from the episode "Latent Image".
I have just realised a massive error in the episode because a lot of daleks were on Gallifrey when it was frozen we saw them trying to exterminate timelords on the surface.I don't think Moffat can pull off rubbish like the Doctor managed to freeze only Timelords and the other Daleks were left behind.
I have just realised a massive error in the episode because a lot of daleks were on Gallifrey when it was frozen we saw them trying to exterminate timelords on the surface.I don't think Moffat can pull off rubbish like the Doctor managed to freeze only Timelords and the other Daleks were left behind.

The implication through the series has been that the Timelords win a 1 on 1 fight, the Daleks in numbers and ruthlessness. As such they probably defeat those trapped with them.
Original post by Rakas21
The implication through the series has been that the Timelords win a 1 on 1 fight, the Daleks in numbers and ruthlessness. As such they probably defeat those trapped with them.

Not necessarily - Nine thought that the one Dalek they found in the museum was enough to destroy the world...
Original post by Rakas21

It seemed like the Daleks were all over the surface and completely conquering gallifrey though and where is this implication said?
It seemed like the Daleks were all over the surface and completely conquering gallifrey though and where is this implication said?

That was just their second city. There was nothing shown in regards to the capital Gallifrey.
Wow, people are certainly over analysing this episode.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
Wow, people are certainly over analysing this episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true
They should just enjoy it , it is the 50th year after all and is a time of celebration for Doctor Who.
So if 12 (and maybe 13) spends Christmas finding Gallifrey, which is theoretically frozen in the last day of the time war. Does that mean that the dying Master, Rassilon and The Doctor's Mum are still kicking around, annoyed at each other since they got "dragged back to hell" to the time war?
da da da dum da da da dum da da da dum da dum da da da da da dum da da da dum da da da dum da dum da da da da da dum da da da dum da da da dum da dum ooooo weeeee oooo.....
I was rather disappointed. They were some very childish scenes which I just didn't find very entertaining. It might just be me, I may be growing out of Doctor who unfortunately, but I shall prevail and await the Christmas special, and may I mention- I absolutely loved every Christmas special without fail. :colone:
Reply 2753
Original post by frogs r everywhere
I was rather disappointed. They were some very childish scenes which I just didn't find very entertaining. It might just be me, I may be growing out of Doctor who unfortunately, but I shall prevail and await the Christmas special, and may I mention- I absolutely loved every Christmas special without fail. :colone:

Even the flying shark :lolwut:
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Even the flying shark :lolwut:

It wasn't brilliant, but I quite liked that episode. (the one where the wicked old man visits his younger self and realises how unfairly treated he was, and thus changes?)
Reply 2755
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I think the nicest thing that can be said about the writer of that piece is that he has a limited imagination. :rolleyes:

Judging by the response of people on here who saw the special, so do it's creators.
Original post by Gjaykay
So if 12 (and maybe 13) spends Christmas finding Gallifrey, which is theoretically frozen in the last day of the time war. Does that mean that the dying Master, Rassilon and The Doctor's Mum are still kicking around, annoyed at each other since they got "dragged back to hell" to the time war?

Did the Doc have parents? Have they ever been mentioned?

Anyone else notice the sneaky reference to Omega? :cool: I would like some of original Gallifrey mythos to get a refresh - it would be fun to see the Death Zone again, for example.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Did the Doc have parents? Have they ever been mentioned?

His mother was the old woman in The End of Time. :smile:
I think having Susan, Romana, or The Master return would be much more interesting than his mother. I would prefer they kept the one small part of the doctor that is still mysterious and not reveal everything about his origins, his whole family history etc.
Reply 2759
Hmm... Less of a ridiculous upsurge in post numbers than I expected :holmes:

I proud of how well I coped with having to wait an extra 24 hours to watch it :proud:

And I rather enjoyed the episode. Particularly the beginning, and that fact that Clara was teaching at Susan's old school :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest