The Student Room Group

Easiest GCSE

My answer to the 'hardest GCSE's topic. Simple, just post the for your easiest GCSE. And remember, everyone is different and the most people will have a different opinion than you.

For me History, freakin' easy, but it helps that History is my primary hobby and interest.

Scroll to see replies

Probably Business Studies...
Reply 2
I looked through the statistics course and it looked really easy.
Every GCSE i didn't take. Didn't fail a single one.
History..
Reply 5
Reply 6
GCSE History, are you guys serious?!

OP, I'd probably say food technology / child development (if they still exist).
Reply 7
Geography ... bring in the colouring pencils.
RE - just answer because God/Allah/other religious figure said so if you don't know, answer the common sense stuff and bam! You pass
Reply 10
French. Got a decent grade from memorising long pieces of text I didn't understand and guessing in the exams... Genuinely don't know any ​French.
It depends. If you're naturally good at reading and writing, then I'd say English Language is the easiest because it requires literally no revision/effort. Otherwise, Geography, since the exams are mainly common sense.

Unless History exams have changed drastically in the last year, I considered History to be one of my hardest GCSEs.
Reply 12
Graphics and Statistics
Reply 13
RS and History are my hardest LOL! RS requires quotes and evidence for long questions and I find RS very time constricted! 22 and a HALF minutes for every section?!? I love History but find it hard to write long essays..Even though Food Tech seems easy, the Coursework is VERY pressurising and for us takes over a half a year to complete! That's 20 sheets of A3 in size 8/9/10 font depending on what font you want to write on! Honestly, I find every GCSE pretty hard - all 11 of mine!
Reply 14
R.E and English Language.

And History. And French (if your pronunciation is good).
Reply 15
Original post by GeogBerry
Graphics and Statistics

Graphics?! The final exam is so random, it's almost impossible to revise for. And the coursework is so time consuming!
Religious Studies, we just sat around talking about the sanctity of life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Chlorophile
Graphics?! The final exam is so random, it's almost impossible to revise for. And the coursework is so time consuming!

Actually, yeah thinking about it, the last exam was so random it was unreal. (I was getting like full marks in the mocks we did but only got a B in the real exam.) The content was still really easy, just took a long time to do
Geography, exams were just common sense and the controlled assessments while seriously long was something you could lie through because you know what they want to hear about... Then maybe history, although essay questions were long too and that is not ideal in exams.

Quick Reply

Latest