The Student Room Group

Archaeology/Anthropology 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Firmed Liverpool for Evolutionary Anthropology and insured Durham for Biological Anthropology :smile: hope everyone hears back from their choices soon, best of luck! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
I wish id known about this forum earlier!!
I got my 5th offer today from Bristol, so I applied and have offers for anthropology at Bristol, Exeter and Kent, then for biological anthropology also at Kent, and social anthropology at Manchester :smile: well done to everyone on their offers! For people who applied to Edinburgh, I have a friend who has a BBB offer from there so should be fine!
Original post by marm-alade
Oh cool nice choices! I applied way back in October so it's been killer! What's your top choice?

I've had offers from Manchester, LSE and Bristol as of today haha, and I'm waiting on Edinburgh and UCL :smile: in case you're intrested, Manchester took about a week to get back to me, and Edinburgh is rumored to wait until the last minute (bastards) xx
oh right! Brilliant then!! Well I think I would like all of them to be fair, I think they all have great rumours so I'd be happy if any of them accepted me! Do you have a favourite? I think it's really difficult to choose! Aw yes, only a week? That is amazing! I have heard the same about Edinburgh but I have only had confirmation that my application was received from Edinburgh and Manchester! Hopefully tomorrow.. Fingers crossed :smile: xx
Reply 123
Offer from Bristol today! Yay! :smile:

Hey congratulations with your Bristol offers!!!!!! OMG! I can't wait to get my offers as well. I am applying to Edinburgh, UCL, LSE, Bristol and Sussex. How many points do you actually need to get in LSE anyway? Which one is your first choice?
Original post by yatconrad
Hey congratulations with your Bristol offers!!!!!! OMG! I can't wait to get my offers as well. I am applying to Edinburgh, UCL, LSE, Bristol and Sussex. How many points do you actually need to get in LSE anyway? Which one is your first choice?

Yeah its a great feeling :smile: nice choices we share 4/5 the same, and the only reason I didn't apply to Sussex is because I live in Brighton, you clearly have great taste :wink: LSE offered me AAB if you're talking about IB points I have no idea haha UCL is my first choice! I love it so much, do you have one?
Original post by MariaKaehne
oh right! Brilliant then!! Well I think I would like all of them to be fair, I think they all have great rumours so I'd be happy if any of them accepted me! Do you have a favourite? I think it's really difficult to choose! Aw yes, only a week? That is amazing! I have heard the same about Edinburgh but I have only had confirmation that my application was received from Edinburgh and Manchester! Hopefully tomorrow.. Fingers crossed :smile: xx

Yeah that's how I felt with mine haha, my perfect situation would be UCL as my firm and Manchester as my insurance, but I have no idea what I'll do if Edinburgh offers me lower than Manchester or the same as because it's technically a better uni with really similar oppertunities so I do not know... Yeah Manchester are usually super fast :smile: good luck with you application! x
Reply 126
My application was sent off by my college today! :bl:

It's a little late for me to expect to receive any offers this year but fingers crossed I hear something in the next month! At least that's one worry out of the way.
Reply 127
Yeah its a great feeling :smile: nice choices we share 4/5 the same, and the only reason I didn't apply to Sussex is because I live in Brighton, you clearly have great taste :wink: LSE offered me AAB if you're talking about IB points I have no idea haha UCL is my first choice! I love it so much, do you have one?

Hey what college do you go to in Brighton? I live just down the road in Littlehampton, which is why I didn't apply for Sussex as well! I had an offer for Bristol as well and they gave me BBB so if I go to the visit day and like it I may put that as my insurance! If not Manchester is my insurance and UCL firm as well. Good luck with your UCL offer, fingers crossed!
Original post by colle009
Hey what college do you go to in Brighton? I live just down the road in Littlehampton, which is why I didn't apply for Sussex as well! I had an offer for Bristol as well and they gave me BBB so if I go to the visit day and like it I may put that as my insurance! If not Manchester is my insurance and UCL firm as well. Good luck with your UCL offer, fingers crossed!

Oh cool! Small world.. I go to a small private girls school in the centre of town haha.. I really want UCL as my firm too! I reaaaalllyy hope I get an offer, maybe we'll see eachother there :smile: I'm really happy with my bristol offer even though i dont plan to go there- I went on an open day and it's basically like London and Brighton had a baby haha thanks!
Reply 129
I've had an e-mail from 4 of my 5 uni's already this morning and 2 of them have asked me to log in on their sites to track my application! Wasn't expecting that so close to christmas.

Edit: I didn't apply for Sussex either, too close to home! I live in East Sussex.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello everyone!!

I was wondering if this is it till after christmas? It might just be!
If anyone hears anything from anyone about anything (lol) please let me know!
And happy christmas and new year to all of you, dont know what I would have done had it not been for this blog! You have all helped me calm down my nerves! So thank you :smile:
I actually got a response yesterday from University of Edinburgh (it was a rejection)
But hey, that's something right!? :colondollar:
Original post by Fire_eyed_boy
I actually got a response yesterday from University of Edinburgh (it was a rejection)
But hey, that's something right!? :colondollar:

Oh no!
What did you apply for? Archaeology/Anthropology? What other uni's did you apply to?
Social Anthropology. I'm kind of at peace with their desicion (despite no feedback at all) and just happy to have the choices narrowed down a bit with definite answers.
Also applied to UCL, University of Kent, Oxford Brookes, and Goldsmiths.
Got an unconditional for Brookes, and an Interview at Kent in February!

How about you?
Social Anthropology. I'm kind of at peace with their desicion (despite no feedback at all) and just happy to have the choices narrowed down a bit with definite answers.
Also applied to UCL, University of Kent, Oxford Brookes, and Goldsmiths.
Got an unconditional for Brookes, and an Interview at Kent in February!

How about you?
oh at least You have an offer and an interview! I have heard that it is really hard to get into Edinburgh anyway, so I completely understand your way of thinking there!
I have applied to Bournemouth, Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester and Aberdeen! Not heard anything yet but only just sent off my application last Monday :smile:
Original post by MariaKaehne
oh at least You have an offer and an interview! I have heard that it is really hard to get into Edinburgh anyway, so I completely understand your way of thinking there!
I have applied to Bournemouth, Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester and Aberdeen! Not heard anything yet but only just sent off my application last Monday :smile:

Yeah :smile: and Kent is near the top of my list, so I'm hoping I don't blow it by rambling a bunch of nonsense in the interview or something.
I've heard really good things about Manchester for Anthropology/Archaeology. Any ideas which of them is your 1st and 2nd choice yet? You might still be lucky and hear from one of them before January
Yeah :smile: and Kent is near the top of my list, so I'm hoping I don't blow it by rambling a bunch of nonsense in the interview or something.
I've heard really good things about Manchester for Anthropology/Archaeology. Any ideas which of them is your 1st and 2nd choice yet? You might still be lucky and hear from one of them before January

Oh I could only hope so!
Nah I am sure you will be fine, if they invited you for an interview it means they loved your application! Just think about why you want to study the course and why you want the offer from them specifically and you should be fine :smile: no I think it is so hard! I picked those uni's because I thought they all sounded great and they were all good at getting back to me via e-mail to answer all my queries! I found that was a good sign :smile:
Just received an offer from Cambridge for HSPS. Absolutely over the moon. SO unexpected!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by aquilagirl801234
Just received an offer from Cambridge for HSPS. Absolutely over the moon. SO unexpected!!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aquilagirl801234

So cool, congratulations! I think Cambridge sent out quite a few offers today! What was the offer? :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending