The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Paramedic degree Oxford Brooke's 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has applied for the Paramedic emergency care?
If so, have you heard back from Oxford Brookes yet, regards to interviews or even offers?

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I am going to apply to Brooke's on the paramedic course. Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Hi, I've applied to Bournemouth Greenwich, Brooke's and Portsmouth. I have got an interview at Bournemouth, have haven't got into Portsmouth, but I really would like Brooke's. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Greenwich, Portsmouth, Hertfordshire, UWE and Brooke's. Brooke's is a possible top choice. I have spoken to quite a few people who have not got into Portsmouth! can I ask why you didn't get in. I know someone didn't get in because their personal statement was not strong enough.
Reply 4
I didn't get into Portsmouth because my qualifications. I did the access to higher education diploma, and I emailed Brooke's before applying and they said that my qualifications were fine! But they offered me a complete different course! Have you applied to any yet? If so have you heard from any?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't sent if off yet as I am am sorting out predicted grades with my subject teachers. Should send it off within the next week hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
With oxford Brooke's, will you apply for private accommodation? As I don't think Brooke's allow you to bring a car with you if you live in halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
No I live in Oxfordshire, which is why Brooke's is my first choice. Parking is pretty horrendous in Oxford, but you can ask to rent peoples driveways (I've had friends do this before) if you want to take your car.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok, I was just thinking about the distance of placements and that the hours will unsociable for public transport, I guess they have lots of public transport for that reason.
Hi there I am a current student at oxford brookes and I thought you would like to know that paramedic students are put in to shared houses with paramedic student to facilitate room for a car. Paramedic students are not in to halls and a car is need for the course, due to sparsity of the placement stations you could be placed at.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lratcliffe91
Hi there I am a current student at oxford brookes and I thought you would like to know that paramedic students are put in to shared houses with paramedic student to facilitate room for a car. Paramedic students are not in to halls and a car is need for the course, due to sparsity of the placement stations you could be placed at.

Hi, does everyone have a space to park though? And when you apply for accommodation, do you state that you want shared housing and then they will put you with other paramedic students??

Thanks
Reply 11
has anyone been invited for an interview yet???. got mine on the 18th february. pretty scary but it my top choice.
good luck to everyone else. x
Original post by kittycat95
has anyone been invited for an interview yet???. got mine on the 18th february. pretty scary but it my top choice.

Good luck! When did you send off your application? Brooke's is my top choice as well :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Charlotte995
Good luck! When did you send off your application? Brooke's is my top choice as well :smile:

Sent it off around. I'd November. Not sure exactly when....
where else have you applied to??
ive applied to oxford brookes, hertfordshire, staffordshire and Bournemouth.
Got an offer from herts so hopefully won't be too stressed out about the next interview.

good luck! X
Sent it off around. I'd November. Not sure exactly when....
where else have you applied to??
ive applied to oxford brookes, hertfordshire, staffordshire and Bournemouth.
Got an offer from herts so hopefully won't be too stressed out about the next interview.

good luck! X

Sent mine off just before the Christmas holiday's. I have applied to Hertfordshire, UWE, Portsmouth, Greenwich and of course Brookes. I had a rejection from Greenwich as I haven't taken my driving test yet. (That was their official reason) I haven't heard from anyone else yet
Reply 15

I've got my Brookes interview on the 19th Feb and Greenwich on 30th Jan. getting nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I've got an interview on 18th too!
Reply 17
Got an interview on 19th feb at Oxford Brooke's anyone no any of the questions they ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else heard back yet? its been a good two weeks since I have heard anything, which is quite worrying considering I sent mine off just before Christmas and it is almost the end of January.
Reply 19
Hi! I've applied for Oxford, Edge Hill (Manchester), Northampton, Liverpool John Moore and Bournemouth. I have an interview for Oxford on the 18th, Edge Hill on the 10th of March I believe and Northampton on the 27th of March. Haven't heard back from Bournemouth unfortunately. Liverpool was quite amusing because they rejected my application on the grounds of "the applicant does not state whether they hold a full driving licence", even though the third line in my personal statement reads "I hold a full UK drivers licence, with provisional C1 entitlement". Obviously some of their staff need to go back to school! Has anyone heard back from Bournemouth yet? Was really hoping for an interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending