The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Paramedic Science Course length

Does anyone know the course length of the paramedic science courses at Bournemouth and UEA.
I know unis like ARU and Oxford brookes is a 50 week course but another uni like liverpool JM is 42 weeks. So does anyone know the length for the Bournemouth and UEA course
Original post by annien9
Does anyone know the course length of the paramedic science courses at Bournemouth and UEA.
I know unis like ARU and Oxford brookes is a 50 week course but another uni like liverpool JM is 42 weeks. So does anyone know the length for the Bournemouth and UEA course
Hiya, could you send me a link to an example of one of these courses? :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Hiya, could you send me a link to an example of one of these courses? :smile:

For UEA -https://www.uea.ac.uk/course/undergraduate/bsc-paramedic-science
For Bournemouth - https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-paramedic-science
For Liverpool JM - https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduates/2023/paramedic-science#:~:text=Start%20date%3A%20September%202023%20Study,Campus%3A%20City

Hope these help

Original post by annien9

Right, so any typical BSc course has a length of 3 years. So the course length for Bournemouth, UEA, ARU, Oxford Brookes and LJMU will likely be 3 years. I'm not sure where the 50 / 42 weeks is coming from - do you mean how many weeks a year does the course run for? This shouldn't really be a factor in your decision making. :nope:

Just look for the university term dates generally.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Right, so any typical BSc course has a length of 3 years. So the course length for Bournemouth, UEA, ARU, Oxford Brookes and LJMU will likely be 3 years. I'm not sure where the 50 / 42 weeks is coming from - do you mean how many weeks a year does the course run for? This shouldn't really be a factor in your decision making. :nope:

Just look for the university term dates generally.

Yeah by course length I meant like how many weeks it runs for.
I’ve been told at ARU it’s a particularly long course due to placements and stuff so it’s about 50 weeks instead of the normal uni course length. Same at Oxford brookes
I’m not sure how long the course runs for at Bournemouth which is what I’m trying to find out I found no indication on the website about how many weeks the course would run.
Original post by annien9
Yeah by course length I meant like how many weeks it runs for.
I’ve been told at ARU it’s a particularly long course due to placements and stuff so it’s about 50 weeks instead of the normal uni course length. Same at Oxford brookes
I’m not sure how long the course runs for at Bournemouth which is what I’m trying to find out I found no indication on the website about how many weeks the course would run.
Is there a reason that this is important to you?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Is there a reason that this is important to you?

Bournemouth would be my top choice but I would rather not have a 50 week course I would rather a 42 week one or whatever the normal length is. But I’m not sure which one Bournemouth is
Original post by annien9
Bournemouth would be my top choice but I would rather not have a 50 week course I would rather a 42 week one or whatever the normal length is. But I’m not sure which one Bournemouth is
50 week course doesn't actually mean you are there in person for 50 weeks of the year. When I did my degree, it was something like 128 hours of learning for one module. 20 hours of actual teaching and estimated 108 hours of independent study. The 50 week figure could be taking into account extended deadline and resit examinations windows, reading weeks, holidays where you have a deadline straight afterwards and so they know you will be studying.

If this is a concern then you need to email each university and ask them to give you a flavour of for how long in the year will you be expected to attend things in person.

Unless any responses are extreme, this shouldn't be a factor in the decision you make.
Reply 8
Original post by annien9
did you ever find out the length of the course?
Reply 9
Original post by annien9

Did you ever find out the length of the BU PMED course?
Reply 10
Original post by Becca221104
Did you ever find out the length of the BU PMED course?

For accommodation we have to apply for 46 week for halls not the normal 42 weeks so the course is a little longer then your average uni course by a few weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending