The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Computer Science Students

So i've seen a handful of people talking about starting a CS course this year and haven't seen a thread that was dedicated to this recently.

Thought i'd make this one for anyone who is actually doing the course so that they can get to know each other before we actually go and what not.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
As am I.
Reply 3
MComp CS student for 2013 entry reporting it :P Looking forward to meeting with you guys, any of you got accommodation in Junxion?
Reply 4
Hi,
Anyone doing the masters computer science course?
Looking forward to meeting people!

:tux:
Reply 5
Original post by hcaz
Hi,
Anyone doing the masters computer science course?
Looking forward to meeting people!

:tux:

me too ! :smile: feel free to pm me if you want we can get to know each other, be good to make friends before we all go there :smile:
Reply 6
Current second year CS here haha:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by chrishapy
Current second year CS here haha:smile:

what do you think of the course?
whats your timetable like?
Reply 8
Its been great so far the modules and lecturers are pretty good. my timetable is not bad, 2 days off a week :smile: http://timetables.lincoln.ac.uk/mytimetable/11216178.htm
Reply 9
wow that's a great timetable!!
shame about the mornings though haha
Reply 10
it was worse last year, lots of 9 and 10 am starts
Reply 11
it was worse last year, lots of 9 and 10 am starts

Thats qite a nice timetable actually :smile: kinda confusing though, but i guess you get used to understanding where everything is and where the lecture theatres are :smile:
what would you say your favourite topic is?
Reply 12
Yeah you get used to the timetables pretty quickly, all the rooms are easy to find.. last year was problem solving and sofware dev... we just started Ai this year which looks pretty cool
Reply 13
Current first year reporting in, our timetable for the first semester was pretty OK, mine for the second semester is 4 consecutive 9am starts though. Everything else about the course is great, there's not one module I've really hated yet so far (other than maths). I'd say my favourite so far has been Software dev, but Problem Solving is pretty fun.
Reply 14
Original post by markeh21
Current first year reporting in, our timetable for the first semester was pretty OK, mine for the second semester is 4 consecutive 9am starts though. Everything else about the course is great, there's not one module I've really hated yet so far (other than maths). I'd say my favourite so far has been Software dev, but Problem Solving is pretty fun.

Can you post up a copy of yur timetable like another poster did? :smile:
Original post by Njennett1
Can you post up a copy of yur timetable like another poster did? :smile:

Me and markeh have the exact same timetable, it's nowhere near as nice as it was before christmas :frown: On a more positive note we have lots of free time after they've forced us out of bed at a ridiculous time.

timetable.jpg

(Ignore the dates, they've messed up the dates at the minute so everything is 4 weeks behind where it should be.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Scott1541
Me and markeh have the exact same timetable, it's nowhere near as nice as it was before christmas :frown: On a more positive note we have lots of free time after they've forced us out of bed at a ridiculous time.

timetable.jpg

(Ignore the dates, they've messed up the dates at the minute so everything is 4 weeks behind where it should be.)

ouch thats a painful timetable , also Oscar is pretty awesome
ouch thats a painful timetable , also Oscar is pretty awesome

What really annoys me is that not everyone has this timetable. Others have the data structures workshop that's on monday late on thursday, and the wednesday software dev on monday at about 11 or 12.

So the other half of the group only need to get up before 9 on tuesday and thursday, and they have an extra day off :angry:
Reply 18
Even with them 9am starts it nicer than the past 7 years with school and sixth form, at least your closer to the place so you can roll out of bed later :wink:
Reply 19
You'd be surprised as to how much more difficult it is to get up for a 9am, even after years of waking up earlier than that for school :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest