The Student Room Group

I got accepted into King's for CS, is waiting for UCL UPC's response worth it?

I'm an international student looking to study foundation year Computer Science and looking for a good solid computer science degree that will open opportunities for me. I got accepted to KCL's foundation in CS. Should I wait to do the entrance test for UPCSE on the 22nd of April and the interview after, or is it not worth it? I've heard mixed opinions on UCL's UPC program.

If it isn't worth it, can I still apply to UCL during my foundation year with KCL? What are my options, and what are your opinions? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by veau17
I'm an international student looking to study foundation year Computer Science and looking for a good solid computer science degree that will open opportunities for me. I got accepted to KCL's foundation in CS. Should I wait to do the entrance test for UPCSE on the 22nd of April and the interview after, or is it not worth it? I've heard mixed opinions on UCL's UPC program.

If it isn't worth it, can I still apply to UCL during my foundation year with KCL? What are my options, and what are your opinions? Thanks!

Hi ,
I am also a international student ,I am looking forward to applying KCL and UCL for foundation year Computer Science .Have you decided which program you would go for?. I intend to submit an application to King's College for the 2024 session. As an international student, I would greatly appreciate any guidance on the application process. Would achieving A* grades suffice for admission to this university? As you already applied, I would like to know what kind of super-curricular activities you have highlighted, specifically related to computer science.

Thankyou in advance for your reply!
Reply 2
Hey, I might be a bit late to answer: but, anyways, I just have finished UPCSE course (math and physics as my optional modules) and luckily, progressed to study Computer Science this fall. What specific info do you want to know?
Reply 3
Original post by zaara18
Hi ,
I am also a international student ,I am looking forward to applying KCL and UCL for foundation year Computer Science .Have you decided which program you would go for?. I intend to submit an application to King's College for the 2024 session. As an international student, I would greatly appreciate any guidance on the application process. Would achieving A* grades suffice for admission to this university? As you already applied, I would like to know what kind of super-curricular activities you have highlighted, specifically related to computer science.

Thankyou in advance for your reply!

Computer Science is an incredibly competitive course to gain admission to. The department typically grants three offers for the Computer Science program and either one offer for the Robotics and AI course or an additional offer for Computer Science. Simply having a projected grade of 4 A* might not be sufficient for acceptance because a significant number of CS applicants possess the same predicted grades. This year alone, we saw around 20 CS applicants from the UPCSE course.

Although a well-crafted personal statement can bolster your application, admission isn't solely based on that. It often involves a degree of unpredictability and is not just a straightforward process. Speaking from my own experience, I found myself somewhat surprised by my admission. I didn't initially plan to apply for Computer Science, and there were certainly other applicants who had extensive experience in CS field.
Reply 4
Original post by callmebeki
Hey, I might be a bit late to answer: but, anyways, I just have finished UPCSE course (math and physics as my optional modules) and luckily, progressed to study Computer Science this fall. What specific info do you want to know?

How was the difficulty level with the course?
How was it to apply?
Was it worth it?
What other universities did you apply to?

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by veau17

Could you please talk about applying for the UCL UPSCE Foundation course for computer science? (Your Personal Statement, Entrance Exam, Interview etc.) because I couldn’t find any past year students to contact for computer science specifically
Reply 6
Computer Science is an incredibly competitive course to gain admission to. The department typically grants three offers for the Computer Science program and either one offer for the Robotics and AI course or an additional offer for Computer Science. Simply having a projected grade of 4 A* might not be sufficient for acceptance because a significant number of CS applicants possess the same predicted grades. This year alone, we saw around 20 CS applicants from the UPCSE course.

Although a well-crafted personal statement can bolster your application, admission isn't solely based on that. It often involves a degree of unpredictability and is not just a straightforward process. Speaking from my own experience, I found myself somewhat surprised by my admission. I didn't initially plan to apply for Computer Science, and there were certainly other applicants who had extensive experience in CS field.

Could you please talk about applying for the UCL UPSCE Foundation course for computer science? (Your Personal Statement, Entrance Exam, Interview etc.) because I couldn’t find any past year students to contact for computer science specifically
Reply 7

Hi! I was going to apply for UPCH and was a little bit confused about the UPC math entrance test, is the same difficulty? I thought I was decent at Maths and the first time I tried the practise test in their webpage I felt so lost. If anyone knows more about it, please help :frown:
Original post by gigialsu

Did you find some information?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending