The Student Room Group

US Sutton Trust Programme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
is there a stalking thread??
Original post by hedwig8
is there a stalking thread??

Not at the moment but anyone's welcome to make one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an email asking me to upload a video...... what do i do???? TIA
I got that email too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Yeah, i got that email too, is it just a generic email, that is, was it sent to everyone?
Original post by YNM96
Yeah, i got that email too, is it just a generic email, that is, was it sent to everyone?

I think so. I hope after all this work I get a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I got that e-mail too, a couple of hours ago. We have 2 weeks from today to do it, so we have a bit of time. Just follow the step-by-step guide they link you with in the e-mail.
Doesn't have to be fancy with editing, just be yourself when answering the questions.

I think so. I hope after all this work I get a place!

I know how you feel, all this hard work with the essay questions and references etc...It would be a waste if you didn't get invited to the residential.
BUT, Let's all keep our chins up and hope for the best, eh'?
Reply 67
Anyone submitted their video yet?
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Yeah, I got that e-mail too, a couple of hours ago. We have 2 weeks from today to do it, so we have a bit of time. Just follow the step-by-step guide they link you with in the e-mail.
Doesn't have to be fancy with editing, just be yourself when answering the questions.

I know how you feel, all this hard work with the essay questions and references etc...It would be a waste if you didn't get invited to the residential.
BUT, Let's all keep our chins up and hope for the best, eh'?

It definitely wouldn't be a waste of time! If you are unsuccessful with this programme you can still apply to the US :smile: Approximately 9000 students from Britain head over each year and they certainly aren't all on the programme.
Anyone finished their video yet?

I haven't properly started yet :eek:
You can see the videos of some applicants who have make their videos public which really helped me out, if this would be of use to anyone else!
Just finished mine, it took hours to upload but it's off!!!
Hey! I sent of my video, at least I think I did, however I just received an email reminding me of the deadline. Is there some kind of problem:s-smilie:?
What university did you's pick? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went for Chicago, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LolliesOar
I went for Chicago, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a short list of a few, but I'm probably going with Chicago as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also went for Chicago:smile:
Reply 76
Original post by LevCrofts
I also went for Chicago:smile:
oh lol i thought you had to talk about a university which you hadn't previously heard of and for that reason i chose st olaf college...i hope this choice doesn't affect me!
Original post by AspiringMedic8
I have a short list of a few, but I'm probably going with Chicago as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My cousin goes there so if you need any extra information about: student life, academics etc. Feel free to mail me!

Can we choose a university we already know? Mainly because I know about the offerings at the majority of universities on the list and the ones I don't know, don't interest me at all.
Original post by Princepieman
My cousin goes there so if you need any extra information about: student life, academics etc. Feel free to mail me!

Can we choose a university we already know? Mainly because I know about the offerings at the majority of universities on the list and the ones I don't know, don't interest me at all.

I would just choose one. They won't know that you hadn't heard of it before. Which ones interest you and which do not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YNM96
oh lol i thought you had to talk about a university which you hadn't previously heard of and for that reason i chose st olaf college...i hope this choice doesn't affect me!

I don't think it really matters which one you choose:smile: So long as you have something interesting to say about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending