The Student Room Group

Medicine summer schools

I've recently been looking at the Sutton trust medicine programme, and the university of Nottingham would be the closest one to me (since you have to attend the university which is at least 1 hour away) However, I don't do Biology A level, therefore will I not be accepted into the program? I still meet every other requirement, and when applying in 2024 October, I'll ensure to not apply to the university of Nottingham since it requires Biology. However, what is the chance of me getting in to attend the Sutton trust programme for medicine?
Original post by MBains1111
I've recently been looking at the Sutton trust medicine programme, and the university of Nottingham would be the closest one to me (since you have to attend the university which is at least 1 hour away) However, I don't do Biology A level, therefore will I not be accepted into the program? I still meet every other requirement, and when applying in 2024 October, I'll ensure to not apply to the university of Nottingham since it requires Biology. However, what is the chance of me getting in to attend the Sutton trust programme for medicine?

Hi, If it says Biology is a compulsory requirement, then I think you may not be eligible. However, apply for it anyways as you meet most other criteria and the worst, if you get rejected, won’t affect your application anyways. As for the uni of Notts’ biology requirement, yes, it must be included in your choices. Hence, not doing A level Biology and putting Notts in Oct 2024 would be a waste of a space. Be sure to research which unis do not need Biology, as I’m sure there are a fair few that don’t. Good luck!
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending